A Story

Variety Love

Chapter 10: A Story


A month later... May 30th 2:40pm


It was a nice day outside, around 21° outside filled with warm sun that its rays shine upon Yuri's and Jeongmin's  complexion. They were sitting under the big tree in the backyard of the house, protected by shade. 

“Yuri, what are you reading?” Jeongmin asked her politely, stealing glances. 

“It's a dystopian novel,” Yuri replied as her hands flipped the page. “It's really good.” 

“So, is it like those romance and dystopian novels?”

Yuri laughed; she remembered when Cherry was the last one to read the Hunger Games and was squealing about it. “Yeah, these genres always work best. Girls can break into fangirl mode if they have to.” 

Jeongmin laughed and wanted to see what sentence she was reading, so he decided to move his head more closer. His face was almost near her lips and Jeongmin his lips. His cheeks felt warm, and he scooted closer. Until Yuri had to move her head, turning to face Jeongmin; whose face was so close to hers that he ended up kissing her. By accidental terms. 

Yuri and Jeongmin's brown eyes widen and pulled away, leaving the two speechless. Yuri tried to say something, but all she did was cover her face in her hands. Jeongmin did say something, “OMO!!!! I am SO SORRY!!!! I didn't mean to do that AT ALL!!!” He apologized and hugged her. “Please forgive me, ppyong~” 

“I-I-ah,y-ah, kw-kwa, pi-ja.” Yuri tried to speak, but all that came out in was useless nonsense. “Its alright.” Her words her now making sense. 

“Aww,” Jeongmin  pinched her cheeks softly. “I love it how you don't make sense.”

She blushed. “I,uh, wanna go get, um, lunch?” 

“S-sure,” Jeongmin agreed and stood up along with Yuri. “This is our second time right?” 

Yuri stopped her movements and looked at Jeongmin, as if he was crazy. Jeongmin was confused why she was staring at him like that until he finally understood what she thought. “Yuri! I didn't mean it like that!” 

“Oh okay...” Yuri nodded, kind of in shame on what she thought. “You mean the kiss?”

Jeongmin nodded and chuckled. “Yeah, you okay with that?”

“Yeah, don't worry.” 

Opening the doors and heading to the dining hall, only Hyunseong, Woohyun, Kwangmin and Youngmin were only in the dining room. She took a seat, along with Jeongmin. 

“What's for lunch?” Yuri spoke. 

“Um, beef, rice and vegetables.” Woohyun replied, fiddling with one of his chopsticks. “If you're wondering, the others aren't hungry yet.”

“We are, though.” Hyunseong added, taking a sip of his tea. 

“What did you two do outside?” Woohyun asked. “I hoped you two had fun.” He had a creepy grin on his face. 

“YAH!” Youngmin threw his sunglasses at Woohyun. “ERT!” 

“We just played hide and seek, went to the park, volleyball and Calahoyo* ” Yuri said, chewing on her thumb. 


“Wait, what's Calahoyo?” Kwangmin asked. “I never heard of that game before.”

“Me either,” Jeongmin agreed. “But there were some little children down at the park who were playing that as well. It looked fun, so we asked if we can learn to play.” Jeongmin smiled. “So we played with them and they ended up knowing who we are.”

“Even Yuri?”

“Mmhmm! They said I should be an idol along with Version 7.0,” Yuri smiled. 

“Did you tell them...?” Kwangmin bit his lip. 

“Apparently....” Yuri grabbed her phone and gave it to him. “You already know my passcode, and read the first seven messages. But most of all, Lara, Jung-Ah and R.K had the most messages sent to me.”

He nodded and after unlocking the phone, he checked the messages. He opened R.K's messages: 

Overreacting KwangHoya Fan: I STILL CAN'T OVER THE FACT THAT YOU! YES YOU! ARE THE COUSIN OF JO KWANGMIN!!! ARE YOU SURE! I HOPE YOU HAVE PROOF, DONGSAENG! 

Then he scrolled to Jung-Ah's messages: 


Overreacting MyunYoung Fan: YAAAHHHHHH!!! WAE WAE WAE!!!! NO FAIR!!!!!!! DON'T TOUCH MY MAN AND MY OTHER MAN!!!!! EVEN THOUGH YOU ARE THE COUSIN OF JO YOUNGMIN, DON'T TOUCH HIM! 

And lastly, Kwangmin came to Lara's sent messages to Yuri:


Overreacting YeolYoungKwang Fan: WHAT. THE. HELL. YOU. NEVER. TOLD. ME. THIS. BULL. DON'T TOUCH MY TWIN BABES AND YEOLLIE BABY! I WILL ATTACK YOU IF YOU EVER DO!!!!! 


“So... They do know from what I've read?” Kwangmin assured. 

“Technically, at least the viewers don't know what was written.” Yuri sighed, taking her phone back. 

“I was reading too and...” Youngmin was pretty shocked from what he read. “Wow.” 

“The cameras didn't at least showed the messages or Yuri's privacy will be forever ruined.” Hyunseong pointed out. “She wants her privacy.” 

“Hold on, were we filming during the time me and Yuri were at the backyard ten minutes ago?” Jeongmin questioned. 

“Uh, I don't know?” Woohyun shrugged. 

“We were only filming when you two went to the park,” A writer said. “But not in the backyard.” 

Okay, good. If we were, I will be dead. “Ah okay...” 

“Why do you ask?” Yuri faced Jeongmin, slightly raising a brow. 

“I was just wondering.” Jeongmin responded, giving her a look saying 'the accident, remember?'. 

Yuri finally understood what he meant and nodded. “So, is lunch ready?"

“Lunch is served!” The chef appeared, pushing the trolly, that was stacked with plates of their lunches. He was a foreign chef from France.“Bon appetite!”

“Ah, uh,” Hyunseong tried to say something to the chef. “How do you say thank you in French?” He asked in English. 

“Merci” The French chef responded.

“Well... Merci!” Hyunseong thanked with his mouth slightly full. The French chef nodded and went back into his kitchen. 

An Hour Later....


“The second episode is on tv,” Myungsoo said and sat on the couch. “It's just started.” 

“Omo! Really?” Sungjong recently walked in the living room and sat on the love seat, beside Hoya. “Let's watch!” 

The rest of Infinite and Boyfriend came to sit down and watch the second broadcast, with snacks and drinks that can keep them alive for the next hour. 

“Where's Yuri?” Donghyun asked, munching on popcorn. “She's not watching the broadcast?”

“She really wanted to but she had to go somewhere,” Kwangmin answered. “Yuri wished she would just stay here with us but it's a...”

“‘Emergency’ of some sort.” Youngmin added casually. “It's based on her band.”

“Are they going to be trainees?” Woohyun asked. “She told me they never were trainees.” 

“No, it's more like... ‘explain why you are on a variety show with 13 idols and how come you're related to the Jo Twins’.” Minwoo explained into small detail. “She never told them until a month ago after running into them in the mall.” 

“She should be okay, right?” Myungsoo asked, sounding a bit worried. 

“If she can handle over 500 messages with our names on it, Yuri can handle them.” Kwangmin laughed. “Don't worry about it.” 

“And also, she never had the full explanation of the whole thing,” Youngmin added. “She just told them a little bit.” 

“Well, I hope she lives.” Jeongmin hoped. “But really, why 500?” 

“They're our fans as well do it does make sense, smart one.” Minwoo flicked his forehead. “Hold on, what about us? I mean, do they know that we're her friends since we debuted?”

That made the twins think. They shrugged. “That can be a problem.” They both said at the same time. 

“WOOAAAH!!! TELEPASHY!” Jeongmin exclaimed, including the others who are gasping. “TELEPASHY!” 

“Aish, Hyung, stop it were trying to watch the broadcast.” The twins said at the same time again, and they reacted.

“WOOOAAAAAAHHH!!!!” 

“We really need a machine that can tell who's saying what next.” Youngmin numbly said to his brother.

“Yep, I agree with you hyung.” Kwangmin nodded. 


Meanwhile with Yuri...


“YOU WERE FRIENDS WITH THEM!?!” The other members of Version 7.0 exclaimed. Yuri casually nodded and Jung-Ah's arms flew right on her shoulder and shaked her like no tomorrow. 

“WHAT THE !? WHY THE HELL YOU NEVER TOLD UFFFFP.” Jung-Ah swore to her dongsaeng and Yuri just stuffed a rice ball in .

“Aish, chinja,” Raki sighed. “You should have told us before.” 

“It was pointless to tell you everything since I knew all of you were hardcore Inspirits and Bestfriends.” Yuri pointed out. “And also, I knew Lara, Jung-Ah and RK Unnie will react more than all of you.” 

“Well, Omma told us the cousin story,” RK said, referring to Yuri's mom. “Now you have to tell us how you were friends with Boyfriend and how the hell you ended up on a show.” 

“The friends with Boyfriend part was close to the cousin story,” Yuri said, sipping her bubble tea. “But the show story, let's say it was choosing a girl with talent that they know outside the stardom.” 

“How come they chose you?” Lara asked. “I'm not jealous.”

“Mmhmmm.” The others hummed, while Lara rolled her eyes. 

“I have no clue, to be honest,” Yuri repsonded. “It's just like that. My cousin just came into my room and told me that I'll be on a variety show with them and Boyfriend and INFINITE.” 

“Okay, well, we have In A House With Idols* on demand so we'll be watching it until it ends.” Cherry spoke. 

“Yuri fighting!” SooYuni fist-pumped Yuri. “Remember, if you need anything, we're here.” 

“By the way, if there's anything pairings on the show, I ship Myungsoo and Yuri! No regrets!” Raki raised her hand and Yuri but her lip. 

“I FOREVER SHIP DONGWOO AN YURI!!!!!!” RK shouted happily.

“Yeori!" Jung-Ah chanted. 

“Pssh, Jeongmin and Yuri!” Cherry said. 

“NO WAY MINWOO AND YURI FIGHTING FOO!” Lara stuck her tongue out. 

“DONGHYUN AND YURI!” SooYuni shouted.

Aish, do they really have to do this to me?Yuri just felt strange now with her Unnies. I should just go back. “Uh, thanks for the support but I want to go back now.” At least they didn't bring the cameras here... 

“Remember, always update yourself because Version 7.0 is coming your way!” The six said their motto, raising their hands in their fist. “Yuri fighting! We love you~”

Yuri laughed and smiled while heading back to the van. “Love you too! Fighting!” 

Then, the van took off in a blink of the eye. 


Back in the Living Room of the House...


Yuri crept quietly in the living room while everyone was watching and eating, and took a seat next to Donghyun on the floor without him noticing. 

“What to do... Kyaaa...” Hoya on the TV hummed. “Dongwoo... Where are you~” 

“Oh god, I hate this part..” Hoya sighed and facepalmed himself. 

“Why?” Sungyeol asked.

“Just watch, you'll understand.” 

“Oh, Noona why are you carrying your laundry around during filming?” Hoya asked the Noona. 

“I'm doing my laundry, please don't bother me.” She replied and Hoya nodded. 

As everyone can see, Dongwoo hanged his head and was laughing to himself. 

"Ah, have you seen Youngmin by any chance?" Hoya said to the Noona.

“KYA!” Youngmin flicked his forehead. “YOU WERE MY CHASER!!” 

“Ne, sorry...” Hoya repsonded. 

They now saw Dongwoo coming out of the laundry basket and shooting Hoya on the shirt and it replayed from Dongwoo's self cam, the camera behind the Noona and Hoya's cameraman. Everyone burst out laughing their eyes out, Dongwoo the most and Hoya the least. Donghyun on the other hand, heard Yuri laughing and looked at his left and noticed her.

“Yuri?” Donghyun whispered. “I didn't know you were here...”

“Well I came back,” Yuri whispered back. 

“So, how did it go with your band?”

“Everything's now cool.” Yuri responded, drinking her bubble tea. “They finally understand. Also, they watch the show too.” 

“That's good,” Donghyun smiled and placed an arm around her. “At least they don't yell at you through text anymore.” 

Yuri had to giggle.“Yeah. That's a good point.” 

“You want some food?” Donghyun asked politely. 

Wow, what a polite leader. “Uh, sure. Thanks.”

“Kwangmin-Ah!” Donghyun called. 

“Ne, hyung?” He replied back.

“Can you pass me a Pepero box?” 

“Which flavor? There's chocolate, strawberry and more...” 

“Uh... Is there still the white chocolate one?” He asked.

How did he know that's my favorite! I never even told him my favorite Pepero flavor.... 

“Oh yeah! There's one more box! It was for Yuri, but you can have it. Don't forget to save some for her.” Kwangmin tossed the box over to Donghyun and he gave the box to Yuri. 

“Oh... Thanks.” Yuri thanked him bashfully.

“No worries.” 


Three Hours Later... 7:30pm


“What are we doing outside?” Yuri asked Sungyeol while they watch Jeongmin lit up the kindle with fire. “Is this for the filming?”

“We're still filming, but Donghyun-Hyung wanted to have a campfire feel since its the perfect time to have that feeling.” Sungyeol responded, heading to a chair and sat down. “Sit.”

“I'm not a dog, silly,” Yuri laughed and sat on the ground infront of Sungyeol. 

“So what now?” Jeongmin sat beside Yuri, with his guitar on his hands. “We have a campfire.”

“Let's tell stories!” Dongwoo clapped his hands and he sort of sounded like a child. “I wanna listen to some stories!”

“What types?” Sunggyu asked. “Ghost, memories, anything.”

“Eeeeh, no ghost stories!” Dongwoo slapped Sunggyu's arm. “I had a hard time sleeping when Sungjong told us one!”

“I have one.” Donghyun raised his hand. 

“What's it about?” Woohyun asked, popping a marshmallow in his mouth. 

“Well, it's based about a girl and boy.” Donghyun spoke, eating a fruit.

“IT BETTER NOT BE GREASY.” Minwoo shouted. “I hate greasy romantic movies!” 

“The total irony― you watch them!” Youngmin flicked his forehead. 

“Because there's nothing to watch except that genre or Rated R comedy movies.” Minwoo pouted. “We really need to get more movies.”

“That's why there is something called a book!” Kwangmin raised his City of Lost Souls book. “It's like having a movie inside your brain!” 

“Kwangmin-Ah.” Yuri called.

“Yes?”

“HOW DID YOU FINISH THE FIRST BOOK? THEN THE SECOND AND THE THIRD...” 

“I read all of the except this one all last night.” Kwangmin smiled. “Jealous?”

“No, I'm on it's prequel; Clockwork Angel.” Yuri stuck his tongue at him.

“Anyway, you better get comfortable,” Donghyun said, passing each of them a blanket. “Relax and listen, okay?”

“Ne.”

“Okay.” Donghyun sighed. Will you remember everything after hearing this story? “About six years ago...” Donghyun began. 

There were two different people, who met at a park ― The Grand Children Park. A 14 year-old boy and a 8 year-old girl; the boy with a bright future and the girl with a different future. When they encountered each other, they were in the same car of the ferris wheel.

“Six year difference, huh?” Sunggyu smiled and he nodded. 

The girl, who was afraid of heights really wanted to go out of the ferris wheel. She had tears and kept calling for her mom, but she was waiting for her on the ground. So, the boy gave her a box of Pepero to make her feel better. It didn't not stop the crying; but it helped the little girl stop calling for her mom and calmed her down.

During the ferris wheel ride, strangely the wheel stopped and the cart that the two were in was at the really top. They realized that one of the controls were not functioning properly, so whoever was in the ferris wheel had to wait a full TWO hours until they can go to the ground.


“TWO HOURS???” The others had their eyes widen. 

“I would die already before we even reached the ground!!” Sungjong sighed.

The boy again noticed the girl crying again and came to her side and placed her on his lap. He then said to her ‘You know, we're flying you know?’ and she shook her said crying out ‘No! We're in a cage in the sky where the evil witches [control staff] are not letting us out!’

“HAHAHA WITCHES” Dongwoo laughed. “you can continue, hyung.”

‘There is no witches! We're flying in the sky inside a bubble!’ the boy told the girl. He picked her up and stood up, walking to the open window. He pointed, ‘See? We're in a bubble just for the two of us.’

The girl nodded shyly. 'But what happens if we burst and fall down?'. The boy placed her down and went on his knees, wiping her dried tears with a cloth. 'Then, there will be a pair of wings waiting for us so we can fly freely and dream high.' He kissed her cheek and gave her a hug. ‘Call me Jay Chou, okay?’

Returning the hug back, she then said cheerfully, ‘Then call me Rika!’. So for the next two hours, they spend some time together getting to know each other and playing with each other. This made their bond come stronger, even though they were strangers. Rika always remembered what Jay Chou said, ‘we can fly freely and dream high.’


“Wow~” Everyone else clapped, amazed by the story. 

“Was this a true story?” Myungsoo asked and Donghyun nodded. “Where's Rika now?” 

She's right here. “I don't know.” He lied. 

“What about Jay Chou?” Minwoo asked. 

Donghyun just shrugged. He didn't want to get into more detail. He glanced at Yuri, who was sleeping on the ground with half of the blanket on the grass and the other half is on her. “Someone's sleeping.” 

The others glanced at the sleeping girl, with a smile on her face. Hyunseong spoke up, “Let's go. We are tired as well.”

“Hyung, why don't you bring Yuri back to our room?” Sungjong hummed. “I can't pick her up because she's a bit heavy and I'm tired.” 

Donghyun just smiled. He picked up Yuri in the blanket and followed Sungjong inside the house, heading to the two's room. Sungjong helped Donghyun bring Yuri in by opening the door and adjusting the blanket on her bed for Donghyun to slip Yuri's sleeping body in the blanket. He pulled the blanket over her and sang a song humbly. Sungjong left to go to the bathroom to take a quick shower and change, leaving the two alone in the room. Turning off the lights and turning on the table lamp near the bed.

~ Geuriume tto harureul jikye niga uneun geu nalkkaji beoteo ~ 

He stared at her willingly and came close to her on his knees. “Rika... I hope you're listening.... Jay Chou is here. Don't forget that we can fly freely and dream high...” He sniffed, starting to get a bit emotional. “I....” Tears started to fall down from his eyes. “It's all my fault... I can't bear it...” He stiffened up and kissed her on the lips, trying his best to remove the burden pain from his heart. After he pulled away, the pain is still there.

Crying his soul, he used the blanked as a handkerchief to wipe his watery tears away.  A puddle of tears landed on Yuri's blanket. “I... I'm sorry...” He kept sniffing and teary. “I... I wish I can just reverse time and...” Donghyun can't get the words out from his mouth. He just can't speak. “I...” Then, he felt a patting motion on his back. It came from Sungjong. “S-Sungjong...”

“Hyung I...” Sungjong spoke softly and knelt beside him. “I... Just came in and heard you talking... And you were crying... Youngmin and Kwangmin are here... They.. Saw you... like this...”

“Are you okay...?” Youngmin asked, following Sungjong and Kwangmin into the room. Him and his brother also knelt beside Sungjong. 

Donghyun didn't say a word. All he did was cry even more. 

“Is... Everything alright?” Kwangmin asked. “Is this about... Oh...” He realized what made Donghyun cried. 

Youngmin also realized too, making Sungjong curious. But Sungjongie didn't want to bother asking, worrying that he'll make Donghyun cry more that he is. 

“If it weren't for that j...e...” Donghyun's voice sounded sad and a bit cracked. “I wou...ld h...ave...”

“Saved her, we know....” The twins finished his sentence. 

“Even if I don't know about this,” Sungjong said calmly. “I hope that you'll feel better, hyung.”

“He can't, hyung,” Kwangmin responded softly. “H..e just c..an't.”

“It's too hard,” Youngmin added. “It was just....” 

“Sungjong-ah.” Donghyun called. 

“Ne?”

“I'll tell you what happened...” Donghyyn spoke. “Can someone bring Hyunseong over? He doesn't know about this but he's concerned. Whenever I tell something about―” 

“I'll get him,” Youngmin offered and went out of the room, leaving the three alone while Donghyun explains everything to Sungjong.
 


a/n: A part of Yuri and Donghyun's past has been revealed. Poor Donghyun :C
I hope you enjoyed this chapter! More soon~ Thank you for the new subs (even tho i recieved one)~See you soon! 

*Calahoyo is a Filipino game that can involve two to ten players. The objective of the game is to hit the anak (small stone or objects) with the use of the pamato (big, flat stone), trying to send it into the hole.

*A House With Idols is the title of the variety show Yuri, Boyfriend and Infinite are in.