"She isn't here"

Variety Love

 

Chapter 18: "She isn't here"

 

 

Sungjong's POV

 

After the line went dead, Yuri's father immediately assigned us orders by small groups. Sunggyu's Group [consisting Donghyun, Hyunseong and Woohyun] are going to contact all emergency lines (well, not all of them technically); Tekko, the Jo twins, Jeongmin, Sungyeol, Minwoo, Dongwoo & L are going with her family to do a couple of things for example; tracking where the phone call took place from the other line or checking security cameras (yes, we have security cameras, but not a lot though)  while I'm with Hoya remaining. Guess what we have to do? “This is a bad idea...” Hoya sighed, face palming. “Noona, are YOU sure this is what we have to do?” He stared at me, kind of dissappointed. 

 

“Yes, Commandant Min told me to do this.” She replied. “I think you're completely transformed.” She rotated me to glance at the mirror. “Aren't you pretty! Omo~” 

 

Oh. My. God. Are. You. Kidding.

 

I was not Sungjong anymore; not the maknae of the popular group named INFINITE. I AM A GIRL NOW. I looked at the mirror, in a brown wig, brown contacts, heavy makeup– I don't think I can live now. “Why am I dressed like this, Noona? TELL ME!” I screamed, confused but also mad why am I dressed like a girl. Forever sobbing// TT^TT

[a/n: this is what he looks like now: 

 ]

 

“This isn't my idea! A while before you were Soojong,” She began, I shrieked when I heard my new name is 'Soojong'. “Mr.Min said there was an event for couples only in the train and the one who kidnapped Yuri is going to be there. So... He chose Hoya because he can fight well and you, uh, you are pretty.” She sighed and faced Hoya. “Hoya, Mr.Min said that you might want to start practicing and preparing yourself. Also, before you two leave for your date, he's going to give you a pocketknife just in case the kidnapper brings a weapon...” 

 

“Is it just me or his S-line is a bit bigger than last time?” Hoya raised a brow. 

 

“I have sewed on foam in the shirt, to make it look like he's a girl with a nice body instead a girl with nothing on the chest.” The Noona replied. 

 

“WHAAAT!??!?!!?!” I shrieked.

 

“I'll be going now. Hoya, go train your off.” Her and Hoya left me all alone. I sighed and went up to my room, and relax for a bit.

 

But for some reason, I can't relax myself and prepare on what's coming my way on that couple event. Is this because the feeling of Yuri gone and out of my sight makes the atmosphere different? It was always different before I even met Yuri. She is such a good younger sister to anyone. Even Zelo said she was like a sister to him. I guess the reason is that we're close is we're both the maknaes and we do have to experience pressure from our leaders and our older ones. But we're different: I'm an idol while she's an internet idol from a group named Version 7.0. For the next few hours, I've been thinking about Yuri. Not that I mean I like her or anything in the romantic way, it's sometimes about the six idols falling for her. Just, I know that she found out Dongwoo likes her by confession, Donghyun still likes her after telling me the past, Sungyeol told me that he likes her and Myungsoo likes her too but what the other two?

 

I mean, I haven't heard anything from Minwoo and Jeongmin about taking interest in her. Youngmin might probably know. Why not Kwangmin? I tell ya, that kid must be from a another planet. He is such a 4D kid. I do understand him most of the time, but there's times that kid is somewhere else in his mind of his. Minwoo and Yuri are like siblings, so I'm not quite certain if he likes her and Jeongmin, Yuri's current bias of Boyfriend; he must about that a lot. I MEAN A LOT. But, if an argument broke out from all of the six, who will Yuri choose? In my opinion, Donghyun might have the advantage to all of them because of the two's past, while Minwoo might not since they are so close like family. Ugh, love is hard to describe. Yuri's life of being in a weird and crazy ride of love… Hwaiting~ 

 

"Sungjong? You in there?" Hoya's voice muffled through the door. "Come on, we better get going." 

 

That early? It's only 5:30…. "Okay, I'm coming." I politely yelled back and went out of the room, coming down the flight of stairs to the front door. I saw Hoya and Yuri's father standing at the door, talking about something. 

 

"Make sure you and Sungjong come back, with no harm. If possible, go back here as fast as you can." Mr. Min spoke, and Hoya giving an understanding nod. "Be safe and uh… act enjoyable in the event." He turned around to see me while taking a sip of his coffee. He spit out the coffee. "Oh my goodness what has the Noona done to you? You don't even look like Sungjong anymore!" 

 

"I know." I said blandly and crossed my arms. "I am Soojong from what the Noona told me." My lips created a straight line. "Let's go." 

 

Arriving @ Their destination: Seoul Station - 6:14pm 

 

 

Helplessly waiting for the event to begin, all myself and Hoya did was eat the snacks there at the quaint tables. No one gave us anything to eat- not even dinner since everyone's busy about the abduction. We were very hungry. Too hungry.

 

"Sungjon-" Hoya began, but I slapped his arm reminding him that I'm undercover and he is too. "I mean, uh, Soojong-ah, you must be very hungry. May your O-Oppa feed you?" He is uncomfortable, so am I.

 

"No Op- Hyung I am feeling very uncomfortable at this minute you know it's strange for us to act like a couple? If Dongwoo was here instead of me…" I stammered, feeling awkward. "You're uncomfortable, huh?"

 

"No kidding." 

 

"Now, where would the kidnapper-" I wondered until a scream cut my words. 

 

"SOMEONE HELP ME! A MAN IS TRY-PPFFT- HEELLLPGT!!!" A woman screamed her loudest but the unknown man kept kissing her, cutting her words. "HEELPPPPP"

 

"Oh you have got to be kidding me." Hoya rolled his eyes. He tugged my arm and we dashed through the gathering crowd and made it to the front. "HEY!" He yelled. "What on earth are you doing!?" 

 

"S-Sir, please don't…" An elderly lady told him not to go, but he rejected. 

 

"Oh? Am I making a scene?" The man smirked under the hood and his eyes are covered with aviators. You have got to be kidding me. It's HIM. 

 

"Look, get off that woman now or else…" Hoya's stern voice grew loud at the station. 

 

"Why? Should I bother?" 

 

Hoya rushed to him and gave him a flying punch. Oh man, things just got real. The kidnapper flew another punch, but failed due to Hoya's skills. Kicks and punches and dirt and ducks and jumps and shrieks were flying everywhere in my eyes. Everything was happening so fast that a few ladies fainted from the fight and I gotten a headache and some dirt from all of this. Until Hoya flipped the pocket-knife and stabbed the kidnapper on the right side of the stomach. He kicked the stabbed spot, making the man go on the ground. Hoya wiped the excess blood from the corner of the mouth. "Fool, where's Yuri!?" He yelled. "Tell me! Or this knife will go on and slither in your neck deeply until everything in your eyes turns black." He snarled. 

 

"Yuri isn't going anywhere from my sight," The kidnapper chuckled in evilness. "She's such a babe." 

 

"IDIOT TELL ME WHERE SHE IS NOW OF I WILL USETHE POCKET KNIFE AND DIG IN YOUR EYES!" I yelled and stormed up. Hoya gave me a 'dude-that-went-too-far-and-you-probably-made-a-few-more-pass-out' look. "Sorry.." I mumbled. 

 

"The babe will be nowhere in your sight. She isn't here." 

 

Me and Hoya's eyes widen. This cannot be possible.

 

"Don't have too much hope," Hoya spoke, and tugged me back to the parking lot, leaving the station.

 

 

Back in the House; 6:30pm- Dining Hall

 

 

"Got anything?" Dongwoo asked, while scrolling on the internet. Sungyeol shook his head and ruffled his short hair. Dongwoo let out a sigh. "This is pointless."

 

"You think? I hope Sungjong and HoyaAAAAHHHHH!!!!" Sungyeol screamed after our entrance. The others gotten confused and glanced at our direction, giving us surprised looks. "WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU TWO?!" Sungyeol screamed in question. "LAST TIME I SAW YOU TWO IS WHEN THE NOONA WAS RANDOMLY DRAGGING SUNGJONG SOMEWHERE IN THIS HOUSE AND HOYA UNKNOWINGLY DANCING IN THE DANCE ROOM WITH A TOWEL ON HIM!!!" 

 

"Well," I began, throwing the wig off my head and taking off the jacket and the shirt. "I was forced to dressed up as a girl for a couple event where the kidnapper of Yuri appeared and Hoya fought him. Yah, Youngmin give me the shirt in your hand."

 

"Hoya looked like he came from war!" Jeongmin exclaimed. I slipped on the shirt freely. 

 

"Well no duh, the kidnapper threw a rock at his face." I stated. "He came in empty-handed."

 

"Did he touch anyone?" Kwangmin asked.

 

"He was about to place his in an woman until Hoya came in screaming at his face." 

 

"Did you know what he looked like?" Woohyun asked, wiping the dirt on his hands.

 

"The stupid hood and sunglasses and mask covered his face." 

 

"Any DNA?" Youngjae asked.

 

"There's shome dried blud on the pocket-knifue…" Hoya spoke, but his words slurred due to the fact his face is all bruised up. He handed the pocket-knife to Yuri's father. 

 

"We may not know where Yuri is at this moment, but maybe this sample may help us go one step closer than we possible imagined." Her father spoke.

 


a/n: another udpate~ ASSA~~~~ ^^ well, hope you like this chapter~ see you soon~