Revelation

Opposites

"We... look alike..."

The two paused as they looked at each other. Soomin was processing the words she and Ren had uttered. She felt her heart racing for some reason, and the moment she looked straight into Ren's eyes, everything seemed to be clear.

"Say, Ren, do you have any siblings?" she asked, raising a brow at him.

"Well... I think I have a twin sister, I'm not really sure..." Ren replied.

"Twin sister? Can you remember her name?"

"N-no... for some reason, I can't."

Soomin felt the whole world stop. He can't be him, but on the other side, he can be him. "Say, when's your birthday?" she asked again.

"What? Why're you asking me these questions?" Ren asked. "My birthday is on November 3, 1995."

"Blood Type?"

"O. I'm type O."

Soomin felt her eyes pool with tears and in a split second, they were rolling down her cheeks. Without her realizing, she was hugging Ren tightly already, much to Ren's surprise. He felt and heard Soomin's sobs, and they seemed to be endless. "Soomin? What's wrong?" Ren asked, his voice quivering. 

"I found you at last..." she mumbled in between her sobs.

"What?"

"I found you." she repeated, this time, pulling away from Ren, showing her smile beneath her tears. "I found you, Choi Minki."

Ren blinked cluelessly on what the other was saying. "Wait, what? I don't understand..." Ren said. 

"You don't remember anything, do you?" Soomin smiled. "It's okay, I guess the doctor was right on you having amnesia."

"WAIT! Please, do you mind explaining things?"

Soomin nodded as she began telling Ren everything. "Choi Minki, we're twins." she began. "That's right, twins. The two of us are twins. Same birthday, same blood type, same looks, we're twins. Seven years ago, we were separated. You were adopted by this family you think is your real family. You're wrong, our parents are back at Daegu, and we're nothing like this. We're not this wealthy, we're merely average people who can afford average numbers of things."

"You're saying, this family I am in is... a foster family?"

"Nae. Seven years ago, you met an accident. You were bumped by a car, and it was my fault. On how, I will tell that to you some other time. Anyways, you were in an accident and our umma and appa cannot afford the payments. Good thing that umma knows this rich couple and they generously covered up the payments. Knowing that we can't thank enough and that our parents cannot support twins, she decided to give you away to this couple. Umma and appa knew that it was for the best. They can hardly even raise me, so just imagine if they raised twins."

Ren tried recalling the things but failed. He helplessly looked at Soomin. "Still don't remember?" she asked. Ren shook his head as a response. Soomin quickly pulled out a locket around her neck. It was a silver locket, having its main design as a half of a heart. "Does this locket seem familiar?" she asked.

"N-nae." Ren nodded as he stood up and headed to a jewelry box nearby. He returned holding a similar looking locket, and it was also a half of a heart. Holding Ren's hand, Soomin brought the two lockets closer and it was noticeable that it completed a heart. The two were halves of a heart.  

"See? The two fits." Soomin smiled. "Try opening it."

"You can open this?" Ren asked.

"Of course." Soomin nodded and opened hers and Ren's and inside was a small picture. For Soomin, it was a picture of a young boy whose age probably is ten and for Ren, a picture of a young girl aging ten years old too. 

"W-who's this?" Ren asked as he showed Soomin the picture.

"That's me when I was ten." Soomin smiled and showed the picture inside her locket. "This is you when you were ten, right?"

Ren took a closer look and his eyes grew wider. "T-that's me!" he cried. "So... my senses weren't lying, I do have a twin sister, and that's you!"

"Nae." Soomin smiled. "But before that, can you show me your birthmark?"

"Birthmark?"

"Nae, we've got the same birthmark on the same place, on our left shoulder."

Ren nodded and pulled his left sleeve up. Underneath the sleeve was a small birthmark with an extra ordinary shape, it seemed to shape like a diamond. Soomin removed her blazer and revealed her similar birthmark. It was confirmed, Ren was her twin brother! She cried in joy and hugged Ren, and this time, Ren hugged back. He felt tears pool his eyes too, some fragments of his memories were coming back.

"So, all these time, my sister was just in front of me? Unbelievable!" Ren smiled, then frowned. "And... I beat my own twin sister into a pulp... bruising her up and wounding her too..."

"Ren?"

"I'm sorry." Ren mumbled. "I'm sorry if I treated you that way, JR was right... I'm sorry."

"You're forgiven." Soomin smiled as she caressed Ren's cheeks. "Forgive me too for doing the same things on you."

"You're forgiven too." Ren smiled as he pulled Soomin nearer to him and cuddled her. "I'm glad I've found you, Soomin. Thank you... thank you very much."

"You're welcome." Soomin giggled.

Ren smiled before ruffling Soomin's black hair. "So, I guess you should expect that things are going to change starting tomorrow. I promise, once Nu'est knows about this, everything will change. You and your friends are going to be peaceful then." Ren giggled.

"What? No, no, nothing should change!" Soomin bursted. "Nothing should change!"

"Eh? Waeyo?"

"No one should know that you've learned about who exactly I am, arraseo? You need to keep on bullying us as if you knew nothing about this, okay? You need to act like a jerk still, bully us, tease us, call us names, that has continue!"

"Waeyo?"

"Just trust me. This secret is just between the two of us. If anybody else knows, we're dead! Not only will they learn that we're twins, they'll probably kick me out of school for knowing my real gender."

"Arraseo, I'll have my mouth shut."

"Thanks. I know it'll hurt, bullying your twin, but we need to endure it, okay? Just endure it."

"Arraseo, I will."

"Good, thanks again."

The twins smiled at each other, their hands intertwined for the first time. It wasn't anger that they were feeling all this time, but a hint of their once vanished bond. Now that the two Choi's know their real identities and relationship with each other, and starting tomorrow, things were going to be different.

"So, do you want me to walk you home?" Ren asked as he seemingly refused to let go of Soomin's hand.

"Ani, I'll be okay." Soomin smiled. "I do this all the time, plus, what if someone sees you?"

"You have the point, anyway, be careful, arraseo?"

"Arraseo, Ren. Good night."

"Good night."

With that, the twins parted. Their hands finally let go of each other. Ren really didn't want her to leave, but what can he do? She has her own life, he has their own life.

All that was important is that they know about the truth already.