History Repeats

Opposites

The one who saved him...

Was no other than his beloved twin sister..

Choi Soomin. 

She was clad in her own blood. Ren knew that she was greatly hurt, and that impact, it was strong enough to throw both of them a few feet away. A puddle of crimson blood was visible too, near him and under Soomin.

"S-S-Soomin..." Ren tried to call out. He tried stretching his hand to Soomin, ignoring the fact that it hurts a lot. Soon, he out. He heard voice, but later on, they all faded.

==============================================================================================

"Oh, god, his wounds are really severe."

"I agree."

"Do you think he'll survive?"

"Aish! Of course he will, babo!"

"Ssh! You're waking him up!"

"Aish! You're so noisy!"

"He's waking up!"

The voice woke Ren up, his eyes slowly opening. Upon opening his eyes, he saw seven familiar faces. JR, Baekho, Aron, Minhyun, Key, Sulli and Taemin, they were all standing beside them. His eyes scanned the place and for the next second, he felt pain all over his body. He looked at himself and saw that he was dressed in white hospital clothes of some sort. He felt his blonde hair was untied too.

"W-where's Soomin?" Ren asked, his voice still weak. 

Everyone was quiet. They didn't want to tell what exactly happened, and Ren noticed this. "What happened to her?" Ren asked again, but got no reply.

He knew it..

Something bad happened to his twin.

"She's in bad condition, isn't she?"

Everyone nodded. It felt like as if a spear pierced his chest. Ren was right, his predictions were right, Soomin is in a bad condition. Ignoring all the pain, he quickly ripped everything that was attached to him and ran to where Soomin is. "Yah! Ren! Get back here!" JR cried as the seven of them ran to chase him.

Ren didn't exactly know where Soomin was, but his legs carried him to a particular room. Without hesitation, he quickly opened the door and just as what he expected, Soomin was there.

His twin sister was on bed, bandages wrapped around her head. Several bruises and wounds were still visible. Ren approached Soomin, whom he found was still unconscious. Tears quickly rolled down his eyes as he held onto Soomin's hand.

"Ren!" everyone cried, but was later cut off upon seeing the blonde crying beside his twin. 

"Ren, you can't just run off like that." Baekho said as he tried pulling Ren away.

"Don't touch me!" Ren cried, making Baekho quickly retreat.

His voice was loud, but it showed signs of weakness. He was crying loudly upon the sight of his sister. It pained him... more painful than the pain he was feeling over his body. 

For some reason, Soomin opened her eyes. She quickly saw her twin crying beside her. As hard as she can, she tried uttering his name. "R-R-Ren..." she softly called out, enough for the blonde to hear.

"Soomin!" Ren cried as he hugged Soomin. "I'm sorry... I'm sorry if I dragged you into this mess. I'm sorry...-"

"Ren, I'm... okay, arraseo?" Soomin smiled as she looked at Ren. She can't move any of her body parts, excluding her head. She saw everyone in front and beside her. "Everyone came here?"

"Nae." Taemin nodded. "A bunch of good people brought you two to the hospital. They said you got hit by a car."

"Nae." Soomin nodded, but this time, she was smiling, making everyone tilt their heads in confusion.

"I see you still manage to smile." Minhyun said.

"Nae. I remember a lot from here." Soomin smiled.

Ren's heart raced. He knew what Soomin was talking about. It was the same incident that they encountered ten years ago.

The reason why they were separated...

When Ren was the one hit by the car...

To save Soomin...

"Soomin... please... don't talk about that now." Ren frowned.

"Soomin-ah, we... need to tell you something." Baekho said as Soomin turned to the three Nu'est boys. "Look, Ren explained everything to us, and now we understand. We understand everything now, and me, Minhyun and Aron are really sorry. We... we regret everything. We regret hurting you, teasing you, everything."

"C-Can you even forgive us?" Aron asked.

Soomin smiled. She exactly knew what to do that time. "Of course. I forgive you." she smiled. The three smiled back as they hugged the young girl. This time, everything was true. There were no more lies.

"You're a saint, Soomin!" Aron smiled.

Soomin looked at Ren next, a smile still crossing her face. She saw how teary eyed, his tears threatening to roll down anytime. She saw JR and Taemin beside her too, and both looked worried. "Soomin, Taemin told me everything." JR said as he held her hand. "He told me that... you-"

"Nae. It's true." Soomin nodded. "I like you."

"And you know I do too, right?"

"Nae." Soomin smiled.

"But... you're with Taemin now."

"Ani, she's yours." Taemin said as he tried putting up a smile. "I'm letting her go. I mean, what's the use if I'm dating someone whose heart is taken? JR, just promise me one thing, that you'll protect her with all your might. You're now his prince, arraseo, and I swear if you hurt her, I'll hunt you down!"

"Arraseo." JR nodded as he held onto Soomin.

Soomin simply smiled as she felt JR's hand over hers. "Gomawo, Taemin-ah." Soomin smiled. She looked lovingly at JR, then turned her attention to Ren. "Ren-ah, doesn't it seem funny that history repeated?" Soomin said. "Last time, you were in this bed, this time, it's me."

"Soomin, please, don't talk anymore, okay?" Ren said as he patted Soomin's head. "Just rest."

But Soomin didn't listen. She kept on talking... "Last time, I was the reason why you got hospitalized. See how I'm the one hospitalized because of you? We really are twins." Soomin giggled.

"Soomin..."

"All these years, I never was able to thank you. Ren-ah, please see this as my gratitude for saving my life once. I guess we're fair now, eh? And, I also noticed... how we had the same accident. History does repeats itself."

Ren finally bursts into tears. He hugged Soomin and began to wail. He doesn't want Soomin to talk anymore, somewhat her words pained her. "Please, just.. just rest, arraseo? The others will buy some food, okay?"

"Shouldn't you rest too?" Soomin asked. "You're wounded as well..."

"I'll stay here then." Ren smiled.

As what Ren told, Nu'est quickly bought some food along with Taemin.

==============================================================================================

A few hours, Ren finally woke up from his light nap. He saw Soomin sleeping too, making him smile by the sight of her peaceful sleep. "Soomin-ah, wake up." Ren said as he shook him.

To his curiousness, Soomin won't wake up. Plus, her face was getting pale. Somewhat, he was feeling weird. "Soomin? Soomin, wake up." Ren softly said as he continuously shook Soomin. Upon feeling her hand, it felt cold.

"Oh no... this can't be!" Ren mumbled as he shook Soomin. Seeing that she won't wake up, Ren began to feel bad and quickly called the nurses and doctors. "Doctor! My sister! She's-!"

The doctor quickly knew what Ren talked about and rushed to her room. Ren began to panic and called everyone back. After his call, they began to rush back to the hospital, and saw no one but Ren sitting outside Soomin's room, crying.

"Ren, where's Soomin?" JR asked, panting.

Ren was quiet. He avoided the question, making the others worry. "Please don't tell us that Soomin is..." Sulli faltered, but upon seeing Ren's eyes, she knew that what she fears is happening.

"Aniyo!" Sulli cried as she fell on her knees, but Baekho managed to catch her. "Aniyo! She can't be-! She can't!"

"Sulli-ah! Calm down!" Key cried. "She won't be... she won't."

Everyone knew what was happening...

And JR, Taemin and Ren were the ones who feared this the most...

Soomin was fighting between life and death...

==============================================================================================

Hours passed. Everyone was praying hard for good results.

Ren cried non stop, he was terribly worried for Soomin.

JR was worried too... he can't loose Soomin now, not yet.

Taemin can't accept if Soomin would die! He can't let someone like her die...

Key and Sulli were always with Soomin. They treated her as a sister, and they can't accept it neither if she dies.

Baekho, Minhyun and Aron. They were the ones who committed a lot of bad things towards Soomin, and if she dies right now, that terrible guilt will haunt them forever.

Finally, the doctor came out, and everyone stood on their feet. "Doc... h-how's my sister?" Ren nervously asked. 

The doctor showed an expression that would tell everyone that "what they feared" came. Ren's eyes were beginning to pool with tears. "Doctor, where's my sister? How is she?" Ren asked, his voice trembling.

"Mr. Choi..." the older man began.

"I'm sorry. We weren't able to bring her back. Ms. Choi Soomin... she's dead."