Choice

Opposites

After learning about JR's true feelings towards her, Soomin began acting all weird around him. Good thing no one seemed to recognize aside from Ren and JR, and thank goodness, they didn't even dare to speak it out. Soomin tried her best of trying to act normal around JR but still, she failed. Ren noticed this the greatest.

"Yah, what's gotten into you?" Ren whispered to Soomin, trying to knock her back to her senses. "You're acting really weird, Soomin."

"Mianhe..." she softly answered.

"Are you still dumbfounded with JR's confession?"

"I think so."

"Aish, get yourself together! If you don't the rest will begin suspecting things!"

"Arraseo, I'll try..."

"Don't try, you must!"

"Arraseo, arraseo..." 

With that, Soomin turned to JR, trying her best to start a conversation. "Um... JR..." she softly called out, enough for JR to hear and to turn around her.

"Nae? What is it, Soomin?" JR asked.

Upon seeing JR's eyes looking at her, Soomin felt herself blush and turn away. "N-nevermind... it's nothing." she softly mumbled.

"Okay then..." JR blinked in confusion as he turned to continue talking with the other Nu'est members. Upon seeing his twin's actions, Ren let out a deep sigh and pat her shoulder.

"What was that?" Ren asked, raising a brow at her.

"I can't!" Soomin pouted.

"Aish, we need to solve this, now." Ren said, his eyes glaring at her.

"Yeah, but how?" Soomin asked.

Ren began to think, he had nothing on mind actually! He rolled his eyes as he tried to come up with a plan, but failed afterwards. "Yah, you're awkward with him because of that confession, right?" Ren asked.

"Nae." Soomin nodded.

"Then we just need to remove that from your head. Distraction!"

"Yeah? What might that distraction be, huh?"

Ren thought again. "Taemin-ssi likes you too, doesn't he?"

"Nae. Waeyo?"

"Go on a date with him."

"MWO!?"

"Really, go out with him. That'll take your mind off."

"No way I'm going out with him!" 

"Okay, just take a stroll with him then."

"It seems that you're up to something."

"Me? Psh, no way. I'm just helping you."

"Arraseo, if that's what you say. I'm trusting you."

"Nae~"

Soomin sighed as she agreed on asking Taemin to "stroll" with her. She quickly convinced Taemin, who was completely clueless of things. Soon after school was done, the two quickly took their stroll into action.

"Remember, this is no date, arraseo? Just take your mind off." Ren reminded.

"Nae, I will." Soomin smiled.

"Just have fun."

"Arraseo, arraseo."

With that, she and Taemin quickly went off. 

=========================================================================================

While walking, Taemin and Soomin acted, well, normal. Taemin pointed out different random stuff, asked Soomin to treat him with this and that, and talked nonsense. Somewhat, Taemin's attitude made her forget about JR's confession. She felt better with Taemin around her acting like a child.

"Soomin-ah! Look! Ice cream!" Taemin cried as he tugged Soomin's blazer.

"So?" Soomin asked. "I ain't treating you."

"Eh?! Waeyo?!"

"Uh, hello? You've got your own money, right? Go buy one for yourself."

"But-"

"No but's! Off now! Go!"

"I don't want anymore..."

Soomin sighed. Taemin is really getting in her nerves! The way he acted pleased and annoyed her at the same time! "Aish! Kajja, let's buy." Soomin groaned as she pulled Taemin, who was giddily skipping behind her. The two bought the same flavored ice cream and strolled more.

"Say, Soomin." Taemin began.

"Nae?" Soomin asked as she beamed at Taemin.

"Why'd you invite me for a stroll out of the odds?" 

"What? Can't I just ask you to stroll with me for no reason?"

"Well, you can... but-"

"Good. And please don't think of anything else, arraseo? Just because you confessed to me last time and I'm strolling with you doesn't make this a date."

"Nae! I wasn't really thinking of that!"

"Good, or else I'll tear you limb from limb."

Soomin smiled as Taemin backed off a bit upon hearing her cruel words. She found Taemin's actions cute, the way he softly whimpered. "I'm just joking, I won't tear my best friend limb from limb!" Soomin giggled.

"W-well... good thing." Taemin nervously responded.

Soon, the two found themselves walking under the night life of Seoul. They finally decided to settle down the park and sit on the swings. The two teased and talked under the night sky.

"Soomin-ah! Look! It's our star!" Taemin happily cried as he pointed above, directly at the five stars shining together.

"How can you tell it's our star?" Soomin blinked.

"Well, first, I always spot first the cluster of stars, and it's five. That star is mine, then Key-hyung's, then Sulli's, yours and-"

"And Minki's..." Soomin said with a smile, making Taemin turn around at her, frowning. "That's Minki's star, right?"

"N-nae... too bad it's quite far from us, but quite near to yours. Probably because you're twins." Taemin smiled.

"Maybe."

"What'll you do if you meet him again out of the odds?"

"Hug him. And maybe, I'll cry too." Soomin joked. Well, that was what she did last time when she and Ren were reunited, wasn't it? She cried and hugged Ren and refused to let him go. Too bad Taemin doesn't know.

"Well, that's the normal reaction." Taemin giggled. "So, how are you and JR? Still liking you?"

Upon hearing JR's name, Soomin froze. She recalled the "almost forgotten confession" JR said to her last time but thanks to Taemin, she won't be forgetting it. She lowered her head, her bangs covering her face. "Well... I just discovered that he likes me more than a brother." Soomin replied.

"Wow, I guess it's a love triangle then? Me versus JR." Taemin joked. "If you would end up with one, who'll you pick?"

"No one." Soomin smirked.

"Eh! Meanie!" Taemin pouted.

"What? It's my choice now, isn't it?"

"It's is... but, who'll you choose? Me or JR?"

Soomin thought deeply. She once hated JR and barely knows stuff about him. Sure, he's innocent looking and cared for her even before their sides got better, but she really didn't feel that "normal" around him. She hated him for looking down on her. 

Taemin, meanwhile, has been friends with her for so long that she can't even recall it. He knows everything -well, almost everything- and she knows all about him. There was almost no secrets hidden from one another. He always stayed beside her, protecting her and even making a choice to let him be the one hurt instead of her. 

That was it!

Taemin was always with her! How come she hasn't seen it?! Eversince they were little, before and after she got separated from Ren, he always stood beside her, protecting her though he knows that he's a wimp. He didn't care if he gets hurt... 

Just for her to be safe...

And he stood as her prince...

She was the princess and he was the prince. 

It all makes sense now... Taemin is the one worthy of her heart.

She made her choice. She smiled at Taemin, flushing into a bright red faced-gal, making him wonder. "Mwo? Why are you red?" Taemin asked.

"You wanna know?" Soomin asked, a smile curling up her face.

"Well... yeah."

Soomin grabbed Taemin, smiling like crazy. "It's you, babo."

Her words shocked Taemin. Did she really pick him over JR?! Was she kidding? No, her eyes said that she was saying the truth. The way she held his hand... it was different. "J-jinjja?"

"Nae. Yah, you are my prince right? And I'm your princess. It's obvious I'll pick you." Soomin giggled.

"Jinjja?!"

"Nae." Soomin smiled. "And... Taemin-ah."

"N-nae?"

"I accept your feelings..."