Change

Opposites

DING DONG...!

DING DONG..!

DING DONG!

DING DONG!!!

"I'm coming! Aish, wait!" a masculine voice cried as footsteps got faster. It belonged to a tall black haired man, Kim Jonghyun a.k.a JR. The mansion's doorbell was ringing non-stop, much to his annoyance. As soon as he opened the front door, he saw four familiar faces.

"Good morning, leader." Ren greeted with a smile, that smile not different from what he shows at school.

"Aish, you guys are too early." JR groaned. "Anyways, come in."

The four other members of Nu'est entered JR's mansion and lazed off in the living room. "Aish, what's with your look?" Minhyun asked as he saw JR's messy hair. 

"Let me guess." Aron chuckled. "You just woke up, didn't you?"

"Apparently, yes." JR glared. "You four came here earlier than expected! I wasn't even dressing up! Aish..."

"Aw, we all know that the mighty leader JR is cooler when he just woke up." Baekho teased, chuckling in between his words. 

"Aish, shut up."

JR's housemaids quickly prepared breakfast for the five. Soon, the whole Nu'est finished breakfast and had a little bonding moment. Everyone was outside the mansion, enjoying the warm rays of the sun, the sweet aromas of different flowers and the cool breeze. "So, why'd you make us come here anyway, JR?" Ren curiously asked as he straightened up.

"Oh, right." JR jolted as he looked at everyone. "I'd like to discuss a very important matter to you guys."

"And what might that be?" Baekho asked.

"You see... I came across with Choi Soomin yesterday." JR confessed. "We had dinner here together, and there was a lot of things that I learned about him."

"Jinjja?" Aron cried with his eyes wide open. "You invited that damn guy over here?!"

"Woah, JR is really getting crazy..." Minhyun scoffed.

"No, really, and I realized something. He isn't a right bully target." 

"Yah, what's gotten into you?" Ren exclaimed. "You're seriously acting weird these days, leader."

"Exactly." the other three nodded.

"Look, I've discovered some important details about Choi Soomin." JR explained. "He's in a very different level from us."

"Exactly." Baekho chuckled. "That's why we look down on him, right?"

"No. It's not correct! Choi Soomin lives here alone. When all these time we thought that he lives with his family, we were wrong. He lives in an apartment and chose to be separated from his family for the sake of great education. He has a terrible past too, since he and his twin brother were separated years ago."

Everyone got quiet upon hearing the word "twin". All eyes were on Ren, who suddenly became pale and quiet. "Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to..." JR softly said as he looked at Ren. "But, it's true, he and his twin brother were separated years ago, just like you were, Ren."

"Only the fact that in Ren's case, he isn't really sure if he does have a twin." Aron sighed. "And didn't you tell us that your twin is a 'she'?"

"Nae. But, you're right, I'm not really sure if I even have one." Ren wondered. "I just have this feeling that says that I have one."

"Anyways, so what if his situation is like that?" Minhyun asked.

"Guys, please, he's in a terrible state! Don't you even feel at least a small pity for him?" JR cried.

"Psh, you were even the one who taught the four of us not feel pity, and now you're asking us to feel it?" Ren cried in confusion. "Yah, what's gotten into you?"

"Ren's right, you're acting weird, JR..." Baekho nodded. 

"I'm just saying he's in that worst situation already and we still bully him, it's just seems to be so... wrong."

"Yah, do you remember when Nu'est was formed?" Aron reminded. "You were the one who told us not to pity anyone to keep our ranking. We did so and soon, we adapted, but because of that damn Choi Soomin, you're giving it up?"

"Yah, Kim Jonghyun!" Minhyun snapped.

"Please, as Nu'est's leader, I'm asking the four of you to promise to control how you tease and bully Soomin and his allies, arraseo?"

"But-"

"No but's!"

"Arraseo."

"Good."

==============================================================================================

The next day came, Soomin, Key and Taemin were walking together inside the building. As usual, chatting here and there, laughs and small teases were heard. Of course, the three grabbed attention as they walked the corridors and as they expected, they came across Nu'est. 

"Aish, now what?" Soomin cried as she scratched her head, an annoyed look carved on her face. "Are you going to call us stupid names this early again?"

"No, we're not." JR quickly answered. "We're not..."

"MWO?!" the three cried in shock as their eyes widened and their jaws dropped.

"Did we hear that correctly?" Key cried as he blinked a few times. "You're not going to do such?"

"Nae, you heard us, we're not." JR repeated. "We just want to say something to the three of you. We'll stop on bullying you, teasing you, everything will stop from this day onwards."

"And bully the whole school instead?" Taemin asked.

"No. No one's going to be bullied anymore."

"Seriously?" Soomin cried.

"Nae. Seriously." JR smiled. "We're ending this."

"Jinjja?" Soomin asked again, her eyes growing wider by each time she hears JR speak. Then, she remember the other day, making her glare at JR, seemingly wanting to kill him. "Is it probably because of what I said the other day? Do you think by this my hatred is going to vanish? Well, you're wrong, it never will!"

"That's not the reason, Soomin." JR smiled. Hearing JR call her by her name made Soomin freeze in place. "We're stopping mainly because we don't want to anymore. Whether your hatred will vanish or not, we don't care. What's important is that we're stopping..."

"Wow, that's... something." Soomin smirked. "Thanks?"

"You're welcome." JR smiled as he turned around to the other members, then to the three again. "And don't worry about them, they've promised not to cause anymore ruckus."

"Really?" Soomin gasped as she looked at them, then to JR. "Okay, this is weird..."

"W-we'll be going now!" Key cried as he dragged Soomin and Taemin by the arm, heading away from Nu'est. As soon as the three were gone, the Nu'est members began complaining here and there as they walked to their respective classes.

"Happy now?" Ren pouted, his arms crossed like a diva.

"Now our lives're going to be boring! Aish..." Baekho scowled. 

"Please understand, Soomin's already suffering, if we continue such, his life's going to be terrible!"

"Aish..." everyone sighed as they went into their classes. Baekho, Ren and Minhyun were in one class while JR and Aron were in the same class.

==============================================================================================

"What JR said was terribly shocking, wasn't it?" Taemin said as he looked at both Soomin and Key. "I wonder what made him change his mind all of the sudden?"

"Yah, what do you mean by 'what I said the other day', Soomin?" Key asked as he beamed at her. "Were you and JR hanging out these days?"

"Ani, it's not that, hyung!" Soomin quickly denied. "You see, the other day, we came across each other and he invited me for dinner. We had a little talk and-"

"And you told him about your brother, didn't you?" Key said.

"Nae." Soomin nodded. Everyone knew that Soomin can slip her tongue and talk about her twin brother, and that's one thing Key gets annoyed. He didn't want Soomin telling such stuff to others, especially to JR, who was one of the persons they hate! 

"Aigoo... why in the world did you?!" Key scolded. "Next time, be careful, arraseo?"

"Arraseo, hyung." Soomin nodded. Taemin merely eye smiled at Soomin, making her feel a bit anxious and confused. 

"What? What is it?" Soomin asked as she eyed Taemin.

"I'm sensing that JR is taking a liking at you~" Taemin giggled.

"What?! Did he notice?!" Soomin panicked.

"No, silly. I mean, he feels light around you! It's normal for boys too, y'know."

"O-oh..."

"Look, let's just forge that and head to class, arraseo?"

"Arraseo, hyung."