A Sudden Twist

Opposites

Finally, after hours of extreme boredom, school was over. For some reason, Nu'est was no where to be seen, which Key, Taemin and Soomin were a bit relieved of. The three happily walked out of the building and headed to Sulli's school, where the young girl was patiently waiting for them. 

Upon seeing them from afar, Sulli didn't hesitate to run and hug Soomin as always. "Soomin-ah~!" Sulli cried as she hugged Soomin.

"Sulli-ah! For the thousandth time, please!" Soomin groaned. "I am a boy for now, now please get off me..."

"Shiroyo~" Sulli giggled. "I see the other two are in a good mood today, eh?"

"Nae." Taemin nodded. "We've got good news you see!"

"Jinjja? Well, spit it out, what is it?"

"Nu'est had decided to stop bullying us from now on!"

"Jinjja?! Waeyo?"

"Hm, I really don't know." Taemin laughed. "Anyway, kajja?"

"Kajja!" Sulli happily cried as she and the other three walked. The four decided to stop by a nearby cafe before walking each other home. Of course, Sulli was first to be walked home, followed by Key, then Taemin and lastly, Soomin herself.

Upon arriving at Taemin's house, she saw Taesun go out of the house. Of course, Taesun quickly saw his brother Taemin and Soomin. "Oh, you kids are back." Taesun smiled as he ruffled Taemin's hair. "I'm just going to run some errands, arraseo?"

"Nae, hyung." Taemin nodded as he watched his brother run off. He then opened the door and smiled at Soomin before entering. "So, thanks for walking me here, Soomin-ah." 

"Psh, that's nothing!" Soomin smiled. "I know that little Taeminnie here can't walk home alone, especially at this time~"

"Yah! Are you trying to tell me that I'm a coward?"

"Well, you obviously are, I think?"

"Yah!"

"I'm only joking, calm down!"

The two ended up laughing and teasing each other. Noticing that she has wasted enough time, Soomin decided to bid farewell already. "So, I need to get going, see you tomorrow." Soomin smiled.

"Soomin-ah!" Taemin called out as he saw the young girl walking away. He spread his arms open, seemingly wanting a hug. Soomin just chuckled as she faced Taemin.

"Yah, don't even think about it." Soomin laughed. "I'm seventeen years old, Lee Taemin, I'm no kid anymore."

"Aw, come on, please?" Taemin cutely asked.

"Aish, fine, fine." Soomin nodded as she gave Taemin a hug. Soon, she pulled away and began pinching Taemin's cheeks. "Aigoo, hajima, if people see us hugging, they'll mistake you for being... you know."

"Aish, they won't!" Taemin laughed. "Anyways, see you!"

"Sure!"

==============================================================================================

While Soomin was walking back home, of course, she needed to pass a dark alley. She was used to this already, but having to pass here still gave her chills. Not only was it dark, it was obviously creepy! She often walked alone, but still...

While walking, Soomin obviously sensed someone was behind here, thus, quickly turning around to see who it was. To her surprise, it was him. "Choi Minki?!" she cried in astonishment.

"Good evening, Choi Soomin." Ren greeted with an evil smirk, causing Soomin to glare at him.

"What do you want? I thought you and the others promised to JR that you won't bother us anymore?" Soomin cried.

"They did, I didn't." Ren chuckled. "I'm a little rebel in Nu'est, you know."

"You... damn bastard."

"Use all the words you want, it's not going to change anything."

With that, Ren charged Soomin, but luckily, she was alert and fought back. The two were laying punches on each other and rage was filled in each other's eyes. "What did you do to JR? What made him change?!" Ren angrily asked.

"I don't know! He's been like that from the start, haven't you noticed?" Soomin hissed.

"Liar! You must've charmed him with your words! Just spit it out, what did you do?!"

"I didn't do anything, arraseo?!"

"Liar!"

"I'm not!"

The two continued their fight under the night sky. There were no hints that there was anyone giving up. They didn't stop and just attacked each other with kicks and punches. It seemed endless...

Or so that's how it seems...

Ren and Soomin were so evenly matched and it seemed that a winner was not to be seen. No one had the upper hand, well, at least that's how it seemed until Ren pinned Soomin on the wall. "Get off!" Soomin exclaimed as she tried kicking Ren. Ren simply avoided them but the struggling of Soomin made it harder for him to keep her immobilized. 

And finally, it happened...

Soomin was struggling that Ren had his arms loose grip of her wrists. He tried grabbing them back but unluckily, he grabbed something else instead...

The two paused, frozen still. Soomin and Ren took minutes to realize what was going on. Soomin felt something heavy on her chest part, and to her surprise, it was that...

Ren's hands were on her chest. Her and his eyes grew wide before Soomin acted upon her senses and pushed Ren away before slapping him, hard. "Y-you !" she cried. It was late before she had her senses back and realized what she just did, she gasped, bringing her hands over . 

"W-what was that I just felt?!" Ren cried in astonishment, his eyes widened. He looked straight at Soomin, who was shocked as well. "Oh, dear god, please don't tell me you're a..."

Soomin merely kept quiet as she lowered her head. Ren continued his sentence, but one word grabbed Soomin's attention, and that's what she feared. "Don't tell me you're... a girl?!"

Soomin simply looked at Ren and sighed. "Alright, you caught me! I am! I am a girl, happy?!" she cried. "I'm a girl for goodness' sake! A female! Are you happy now?!"

Her cries made Ren panic more, and sensing that footsteps were getting closer, he didn't hesitate to grab Soomin by the arm and drag her away from the dark alley. Her struggles were useless, it appeared as if Ren was stronger now. Was it because he knew about her real identity? No... that was impossible!

Before she knew it, the two of them were standing in front of a huge mansion. She didn't even realize that she was! "How in the world did we get here?!" she cried.

"Ssh! Keep it down!" Ren hissed as he tightened the grip on Soomin's wrist. The two quietly walked inside the mansion, and Ren quietly opened the door. "On my signal, run straight, arraseo?"

"Yah! What're you-"

"Just do it for goodness' sake!"

"Arraseo, arraseo, aish!"

The two quickly and silently ran upstairs, heading to a room, probably Ren's room. As soon as the two were there, Ren beamed at Soomin, seemingly confused about the turn of events. "Okay, so you are girl?! All this time Choi Soomin is a 'she', and I, no, we were nearly beaten by a girl?!" Ren cried.

"What do you think?" Soomin scowled as she crossed her arms. "I guess that teaches you not to look down on girls now, huh?"

"Shut up."

Before Ren could say another thing, he noticed Soomin's paleness and silence. She was getting teary eyed, making the blonde grow curious. He wanted to ask her the reason, but words refused to go out of his lips. "Now that you know I'm a girl, I guess you're going to spread it around school now, aren't you?" Soomin softly said as she tried holding back her tears. "Everyone will pick up on me now, and maybe I'll get kicked out too, for lying about my gender. I'm begging you, please don't. This is the only school that has the education I'm looking first. I first tried the all-girls school beside ours, but I wasn't accepted for there were no more slots. This is the only school that has the same education, so please, just this once, I'm begging you, don't spread what you just knew."

Ren simply kept quiet, gathering his strength to calm Soomin down. "Yah, calm down! I'm not telling anybody, arraseo? Sheesh..." he mumbled. Soomin looked at Ren, who was now in front of her. There, she bursts into tears, shocking Ren more. "Yah! Yah! Now what is the matter?!" he cried. 

"I never expected you to be this kind." Soomin joked as she wiped her tears. "Thanks though, and I can't believe I'm saying that right now..."

"Aish." Ren smiled. "You're not as bad as I thought. For a girl, you're pretty tough."

"Same to you." Soomin smiled. "You're not that bad too, Choi Minki."

The two laughed together, as if their hatred vanished by magic. They felt nothing but relief and something light, as if there was a bond forming between them. "Say, Choi Soomin-"

"Just Soomin." 

"Mwo?"

"Just call me Soomin for goodness' sake!"

"F-fine, Soomin... how'd you manage all of this?"

"Excuse me?"

"I mean, pretending like a boy. You act like you're one, no one even knew! Woah, who knew your true identity?!"

"Well, two persons in the school and one outside the school. Who they are? I won't tell."

"Now that's just unfair!"

Soomin let out a soft giggle, making Ren giggle too. "So, JR told us a few things about you." Ren said. "You live alone here in Seoul and you're from Daegu, I see?"

"Nae."

"And... you've got a twin brother?"

"Nae, but I've got no idea where he is." Soomin frowned before looking at Ren. "And you know what, the two of you have the same name, Choi Minki."

"Jinjja? That's... cool?"

"Yeah, and we look a like too. Funny, both of us look a like, well, based on others!"

"Yeah, we do... look a like?" Ren blinked.

The moment the two realized what they had said, the two paused and tried processing the words. They looked a like, both of their twins were missing... there was something fishy. Clues were already scattered, but they can't seem to bring it up. The two always felt something between the two of them, and it was unexplainable.