No More Hiding

Opposites

"You two are... twins?!" Minhyun cried out, his eyes widened. The moment that Minhyun asked, the sky darkened and rain began to pour. No one bothered to seek shelter, all of them are now soaking wet.

"Soomin... is that true?" Taemin asked as he beamed at Soomin.

Soomin was lost with words. She didn't know what to say, and neither does Ren. Rage came up on him, and he began blurting things out, and their secret was one of them! That they were twins, and that Soomin is a girl!

"I.. um..." Soomin faltered. A second later, she felt Ren's hand hold hers. Her eyes met Ren's, and that made her not to speak.

"I'll handle this." Ren smiled as he held onto Soomin. 

But Soomin, though she understood Ren, was too scared for some reason. Upon hearing Ren say "no more hiding", she felt chills run up her spine. Her legs wanted to run away for some reason.

She was feeling confused, very confused.

The touch of her brother's hand, it made her feel a little bit safer, but the fact that their secret's been out, it made that comfort go away. She was too afraid to face the guys. The shame of hiding it from Key and Sulli, and Taemin, it hurts... it was painful.

No... Ren was wrong.

She needed to hide still.

It's not yet time.

She needs to hide.

Away from them...

With one quick and sudden movement, Soomin managed to remove Ren's grip from her hand and run away, and the strong rain just made it worse. She was gone the next minute Ren turned to find her. He was about to run after her, but he can't just leave them not understanding the situation now, can he?

"Ren... what... what the heck are you saying?" Baekho asked as he walked towards Ren. 

Ren has no choice but to explain. He needed to explain everything to them, shouldn't he?

"I'll tell everything." Ren said as he began to tell them what exactly happened. He told them that he and her were separated ten years ago, and the reason why he can't remember was amnesia. He told them about that accident that led him to have amnesia, and to be separated from Soomin. Ren told them how Soomin recognized him as her twin, and how she helped him remember his past, and the reason why they kept that fact that they are twins, and that Soomin is a girl. Ren told them how badly Soomin wants to get in an academy they are in now, and that she had no choice but to pretend to be a male. 

Everything was now revealed. Them being twins, Soomin's real identity, everything. Ren didn't change because of Soomin, he changed because of Nu'est's influence. They turned him into a bad guy, and Soomin brought her back. She reverted him back to the way he was. Soomin desired nothing but to change them from total jerks into someone everyone can feel great with, into someones that no one is afraid to approach. Those someones that everyone can talk with at times of problems.

And she succeeded with JR and Ren. The two's inner goodness were brought out. Ren also told the other three Nu'est guys how much she enjoys being with them, and how she hopes on changing them. She wanted nothing but Baekho, Minhyun and Aron to be everyone's friends. That she will endure any pain just to change them.

Upon hearing the blonde's explanation, the three were dumbfounded. They had the wrong ideas...

Soomin wasn't an enemy, she was a friend.

A friend who would do anything to lead them to good.

How great was their guilt...

They regretted all the things they had done.

The way they beat her, the way they hurt her, those awful names, everything, Soomin deserves none of those!

They were the ones who deserve those.

But Soomin... she received those for them.

She did hate them, but soon, she learned to appreciate them.

"W-we had no idea..." Baekho softly mumbled.

"Soomin treats all of us as her family. As brothers." Ren said with a reassuring smile before turning to Sulli. "And as a sister. She treated us as her own siblings. She managed to remove that hatred already, but how come you can't? Can't you remove that hatred in your hearts too?"

The three were quiet. "We're sorry." Aron sighed. "We... If only we knew..."

"Nothing can compare how much we regret things." Minhyun added as he knelt in front of JR. "JR, we're... we're so sorry, turning like this. C-can you even forgive us, your brothers who turned our backs on you?"

JR smiled as he hugged Minhyun. "Of course." he smiled. "I can never plant hatred on you guys. We're brothers, right?"

Baekho and Aron nodded as they joined their group hug. The three crumbled. Tears rolled down their eyes as they asked for forgiveness. The way they became traitor, the way they were corrupted, they greatly regretted that. Their relationship towards one another was tainted, but still, JR managed to forgive them and accept them back again. Key and Sulli, and even Taemin, teared up at the sight. Nu'est was back again, but this time, they are different persons.

"We're glad you five are reunited again." Key smiled.

"We're so sorry of what we did to you, Sulli, Taemin, to everybody." Minhyun said. "That friendship that was starting to bloom between us, we wasted it."

"Aigoo, we can still be friends!" Key smiled sweetly. "We'll always be friends!"

Minhyun teared up upon hearing Key's words and was pulled for a hug. Everyone understood now. They were one family, and were brought together by that one girl, Choi Soomin.

She didn't change them, she just reverted them back, back to the way they used to be. They were all, especially Nu'est, blinded by power. They looked down on people, and Soomin, she made them realize that it was wrong. She knocked them back to their senses.

"We need to find her." JR said, which everyone agreed to. 

"Ren." Taemin called out, making the blonde turn around to him. 

"Nae?" Ren asked after blinking a few times.

"Since you had amnesia, I guess you forgot that ability you always have."

"Mwo?"

"Soomin and you are twins, and both of you can always find each other. Let your legs carry you and it'll lead you to her, trust me."

"Jinjja?"

"Nae."

"Gomawo, I'll do so!"

Ren smiled as he ran aimlessly, trusting his legs that they'll lead him to Soomin. The rain was not stopping, and there was no signs that it will. He was soaking wet already but he didn't mind this, all he cared was to find his twin sister.

"Soomin!" he cried out as he ran. "Soomin-ah! Choi Soomin! Where are you?"

His cries were useless, no one replied. 

"Soomin!!!" he cried continuously, hoping the young lass will reply.

To his surprise, he saw a familiar figure not far from where he is. Like Taemin said, his legs carried him to her, to Soomin. She was sitting in a corner, soaking wet. Her knees were brought near her chest, her head buried under her arms. Ren found his twin, and slowly, he approached her.

"Soomin-ah." Ren lovingly called, making Soomin raise her head up. 

"R-Ren?" Soomin sobbed, her tears still visible to the blonde. The rain drops on her made it quite difficult to identify if she was crying, but Ren felt that she was, thus, sitting beside her. "What're you doing here?"

"I should be the one to ask you that, do you want to get pneumonia or something?"

"Why'd you find me? How did you find me?"

"Taemin told me that we can find each other no matter how far we are. My legs somewhat carried me to you, that's how. And of course I'll find you, I'll be worried sick if I don't!"

"What are Nu'est up to? Are Sulli, Key-hyung, JR and Taemin okay?"

"Nae. They're all okay now, let's go, let's see them." Ren smiled as he held onto Soomin's hand and stood up.

To his surprise, Soomin refused to move an inch. She didn't want to stand up. "Kajja." Ren said, but still, Soomin tried swatting his hand away. Ren let go of her hand, and there, Soomin stood up, glaring at him.

"Ren, you said no more hiding, right?" Soomin said. "I... don't think I can't reveal myself yet. I still need to hide."

"Mwo? What are you saying?"

"I need to hide still..." Soomin said. "I'm... sorry."

"Soomin, you don't need to hide anymore." Ren said with a smile. "You can face them now."

"Aniyo... I... I can't yet!" 

With that, Soomin ran off again. Ren, acting on his reflex actions, followed her. "Soomin! Yah! Come back! Yah!" he cried as he chased his sister. The downpour was getting stronger, and to his disappointment, he lost sight of her. 

He was panting heavily. 

"Aish, where are you?" Ren mumbled under his breath. "Why'd you run, Soomin?"

To his surprise, he found a familiar figure on the other side of the road. Checkered polo shirt? Loose pants? Short black hair styled like that of a man's? It was her! Soomin was on the other side of the road!

Ren acted recklessly. He ran and crossed the street, not knowing that a car was speeding towards him despite the red light. Too late was it for him to realize that he was in such situation. He saw the bright headlights of the speeding car and the loud honking of the car. He didn't know what to do, it... seemed so familiar. 

He knew this was the end, until he heard a familiar voice.

"Ren! Get outta there!"

After that, Ren didn't know what happened next. He was too scared to open his eyes, but he had to. He slowly opened his eyes. He saw that he was on the other side of the road, but he felt something dripping down his head.

Blood.

His eyes tried scanning the place. The car that was about to hit him had stopped. People gathered around them, and they were all mumbling some things. That voice... he knew who owned that voice. He knows that voice by heart.

He looked a few feet away from where he was. He saw a a familiar figure.

Inky black hair like that of a guy's.

Checkered polo shirt.

Loose pants.

No... it can't be!

There was a puddle of crimson liquid beside and at that figure's place. No...

It can't be!

Then, he saw another figure similar to that who was lying down. The one he saw on the other side of the road... the one he thought was Soomin, to his surprise, it wasn't her.

The one a few feet away from him.

The one who had probably saved him...

Was no other than..

His beloved twin...

His twin sister...

Choi Soomin was the one hit.