Introducing Her

Opposites

Days had passed and the twins still kept their act, thus, no one knew that they were twins. Ren had finally gotten used to the acting, but his conscience still bothered him, thus, Soomin had to take the first move. Nu'est slowly noticed the changes of Ren's actions, he was not like what he used to be. Soomin is getting more and more worried as she can clearly see how Ren was changing...

Saturday, 11:20 a.m.

Ren was lazily sitting outside their mansion, enjoying the warm rays of the sun, the sweet aroma of flowers, and the cool breeze. He was enjoying a small cup of tea while doing so. Maids were inside the mansion, busily cleaning. Ren was also busy texting someone, and as usual, it was her, Choi Soomin.

-Ani,I'm not doing anything, waeyo?-
--CSM

-I was thinking if you can stop by here, I'm bored to the core too!-
---CMK

-Sure, but I don't seem to remember your address... :P-
---CSM

-Oh, is that so? Would you like me to send one of my maids to get you?"
---CMK

-Babo! That's too much! XD-
---CSM

-So what? Do you want me to come and get you then? Huh?-
----CMK

-Aish, arraseo, arraseo. You get me here. Just be careful, someone might recognize you. It's better if you wear a hoodie or some sort-
----CSM

-Arraseo, I'll be there withing twenty minutes.-
---CMK

-Arraseo~ :)-
---CSM

Quickly, Ren ran back to his room, dressing fashionably well. He quickly fixed himself, combed his blonde hair and headed off. Just as soon as he was about to go, a maid approached Ren, seemingly worried. "Master Minki, are you heading off?" she asked.

"Nae." Ren nodded.

"Your parents will be home any minute now."

"I know."

"Would you like me to call the driver?"

"Ani, it's okay. I'll be heading off now."

Ren quickly dashed off, not even waiting for the maid to give her response. He wasted no time and quickly arrived at Soomin's place. After knocking at the door, Soomin greeted her. "Took you long enough." Soomin joked.

"Yah, my residence is further away than here!" Ren scoffed. "And, what's with your outfit?"

"Mwo?"

"You look like a ragged doll! Get dressed with something else!"

"Aish, don't mind my style! Let's go, palli!"

Without waiting for Ren's answer, Soomin dragged him out and the twins ran back to Ren's house.

==============================================================================================

Upon arriving, Ren noticed that his foster parents were no where to be seen, thus he decided to ask one of the maids. "Has umma and appa arrived yet?" he asked.

"Not yet, master." one answered.

"Ah, I  see... gamsahamnida."

The twins rushed inside and talked a bit, were served some snacks, had some tea, played some video games and more. Time quickly passed and before the knew it, it was slowly getting dark. They heard the maids greet someone, making the twins burst out of the room quickly, just to find out that Ren's foster parents have arrived. Without hesitation, Ren pulled Soomin back in the room.

"That's your umma and appa, right?" Soomin asked.

"Nae."

"Well, aren't you going to introduce me to them? I'm your sister!"

"Not with that kind of clothing! It'd be a shame!"

"What's wrong with my clothes?!"

"You look like a ragged doll!" Ren cried as he threw Soomin some of his clothes. "Since you're looking like a boy, my clothes'll fit you. Now get dressed!"

"Eh?! Waeyo?"

"Just do it!!!"

"Arraseo, arraseo!" Soomin cried as she pushed Ren out of his own room. There, he was quickly seen by his foster parents and asked him to come down. As soon as he got downstairs, Ren told about Soomin, which slightly interested them.

"Soomin? Choi Soomin?" his foster mother blinked. "Really? You're introducing a girl to us?"

"Our Minki's growing up!" his foster father congratulated. "I bet she's a princess-like!"

"Yeah... about that." Ren giggled as he called out Soomin. His foster parents were looking forward into seeing a beautiful young lass but to their disappointment, a well dressed young man came out of his room. Their eyes bursted open upon seeing Soomin. 

"CHOI MINKI, WHAT'S THE MEANING OF THIS?!" his foster father exclaimed as he began shaking Ren like crazy. "ARE YOU TRYING TO SAY THAT YOU LIKE A FELLOW MAN?! DON'T TELL ME YOU'RE GAY?!"

"MWO?!" Soomin and Ren cried in shock.

"Ani, appa! Soomin's not-"

"Sir, I'm a girl!" Soomin cried.

"Oh great, you like a gay?!"

"NO!!!" the twins cried as they tried fixing the situation.

"I'm a girl that looks like a boy! I'm a girl from head to toe!" Soomin explained. "I just look like this because I am studying in an all boys academy where Ren is studying! It was my last hope!"

"You're a... girl?" Ren's foster mother asked as she blinked a few times. "Wow, you look like a real guy!"

"And here's our son, looking like a girl..." Ren's foster father sighed.

"APPA!" Ren cried in annoyance. Then, he looked at Soomin again, then to his parents. "Oh, right, um... she's Choi Soomin, my twin sister."

"Twin sister?!"

"Nae." Ren nodded. "She told me everything, that you adopted me ten years ago, that I was bumped by a car leading to amnesia, and many more."

"Thank you for taking care of my brother." Soomin smiled sweetly. 

"Oh, I see." Ren's foster mother smiled. "So, are your parents here too?"

"Aniyo, they're back at Daegu."

"So you're living here alone?"

"Ye, in an apartment."

"I see..."

Soomin and Ren's foster family talked and got to know each other more. They learned more from her, and she learned more about Ren while they were separated for ten years. She learned how Ren changed for years, on how his peers changed him. On how he got to Nu'est, on why he dyed his hair blonde and grew them long, and more. She herself was shocked by what she learned about her twin.

"I see... no wonder I barely recognized you!" Soomin giggled as she looked at Ren, who was blushing bright red already. 

"And I see that the reason for Minki wearing that locket these days because of you, am I correct?" the foster mother asked.

"It seems like it..."

After having dinner, Soomin decided to stay a bit more and have a little chat with Ren. "So, now that you were introduced to us, would you like to stay here instead?" Ren's foster father asked.

"Aniyo, it's okay, sir." Soomin smiled. "I can manage my life."

"Is that so? Arraseo. But feel free to stay here if you want sometimes, Minki would greatly appreciate if you keep him company."

"Ye, I will."

"Aish, hey, Soomin, wanna play some video games?" Ren smiled

"Sure! I'd love to!" Soomin nodded as Ren held her by the hand and dashed back to his room. Ren's foster parents simply looked at their "son" and Soomin go upstairs. Seeing Ren smiling melted their hearts.

"Aigoo... who knew that all it took to make our Minki smile was her?" Ren's foster mother smiled.

"I haven't seen him smile like that for years... sure, he does smile, but this smile is different." Ren's foster father nodded. "An innocent smile... like that of an angel. I guess there's one fixed person that can make him smile like that."