Discovery

Opposites

 

Another month had passed. Taemin and Soomin are still a couple, and so far, Key and Sulli are now aware of this, and they greatly support them. Among Nu'est, only Ren knew about it and refused to tell the other members. The two rarely dates, but would always be seen together inside or outside the school.

For some reason, JR notices the changes on how close Taemin is getting to Soomin, and he admits, he gets jealous. He didn't tell, but Ren can see this, and he quickly informed Soomin.

But Soomin doesn't mind anymore. Sure, there was still awkwardness towards JR, but facing the fact that she's Taemin's girlfriend, why would she even be? Trying really hard, Soomin tries not to be awkward with him.

"Annyeong! Soomin-ah!" Sulli cried as she saw Soomin, her group and Nu'est arriving.

"Hey!" Soomin waved as Sulli clung onto her.

Sulli sent an eye smile to Taemin before letting go of Soomin. "MinMin couple~" Sulli mouthed as she turned to Soomin and Taemin.

"Aniyo, TaeSoo~" Taemin mouthed.

MinMin couple, or TaeSoo couple as what Taemin and Soomin prefer, was the couple name Sulli made for them. MinMin actually sounded cute, and Key even agrees with calling the two that, but the couple preferred TaeSoo. Well, who cares, aside from Sulli? For some reason, even Sulli is quite loud mouthed and would shout "MinMin", nobody suspects a thing...

Well, except JR...

He would often ask Ren what "MinMin" means, but of course, being a good twin brother he is, Ren keeps his mouth shut and pretends to know nothing about it. Being totally clueless, JR lets him be, and does nothing but to just look at the two and be jealous.

"So, where to this time?" Sulli asked as she faced the guys.

"Let's hang out at Baekho's place this time!" Aron suggested as he clung onto Baekho, who was obviously quite shocked.

"My place?! Yah! Let's go at yours this time!" Baekho cried.

"Sounds great! Is everybody okay with that?" Key asked.

"Nae!" everybody nodded.

"Then it's Baekho's place then!" Key smiled.

"Aish, arraseo, arraseo." Baekho chuckled. "At my place it is then!"

==============================================================================================

Upon arriving, Baekho was greeted by his younger brother and as soon as he saw he was with some visitors, Baekho's brother quickly dashed to his room after greeting them. Baekho's maids quickly served them with tea and there, they began talking about random stuff, laughing, and teasing. Everything was going quite well, until JR spoke up...

"So, not to be rude or something, I'd like to bring up the 'MinMin' topic." JR said as he eyed Sulli. "Sulli-ah, what on earth does that mean?"

Taemin, Soomin, Sulli, Key and Ren felt that the world stopped. Never did they expect that JR would ask that question and they were left nothing to say. Key tried changing the topic, but JR saw through this and kept on bringing it back. Soon, Nu'est got interested and asked about it too. They had nothing. How can they answer him?!

"Eh... MinMin is... um..." Sulli faltered. She had nothing!

"MinMin is a person." Soomin quickly answered. Thank quick thinking! "MinMin... is Sulli's classmate. Well, MinMin is her nickname, and Sulli told us this hilarious thing that happened to her. The four of us still can't move on from it, that's why we smile and giggle when she mouths 'MinMin'". 

"Is that so?" JR blinked. "Why'd you refused to tell it then?"

"We made a promise that the four of us will only know, what happened was... kind of embarassing actually..."

JR made a small sound as he continuously nodded, falling for Soomin's wise trap. To their relief, JR seemingly believed Soomin's lie. They can't just tell JR that MinMin, or TaeSoo, stands for Taemin and Soomin's couple name! Plus, some still doesn't know about Soomin's real identity as a girl, and they'll probably mistake Taemin as gay for hitting on Soomin, and that's what they disliked.

Soon, the place grew dark and everyone began to go home. Everyone headed home, and since Taemin and Soomin's residences were quite near one another, the two walked home together.

"Soomin..." Taemin whispered.

"Nae?" Soomin asked as she looked at Taemin, tilting her head a bit.

"How on earth can you build such excuse like that for seconds?"

"All brains, dude." Soomin giggled.

"Aish, daebak." Taemin smiled and placed his arm around Soomin's shoulder. While the couple was walking home, Soomin suddenly stopped as she remembered one thing.

"Oh no... I think I left my handkerchief at Baekho's house." Soomin frowned as she didn't feel her favorite white handkerchief inside her pants' pocket. 

"Jinjja?" Taemin blinked.

"Nae. And that's my favorite one!" Soomin pouted.

"Don't make a fuss about it, I'll text Baekho to return it on Monday, arraseo?"

"But, I can't sleep if I know that I'm missing one of my belongings, you know that!"

"I know that, yes, but... Baekho's house is way far from here. To be honest, my feet hurt already!"

"Arraseo, I'll go back myself."

"Mwo!?"

"I'll be fine. Go home already, I'll head back to Baekho's house now."

"Arraseo. Be careful, okay?"

"Nae, I will."

With that, Soomin ran back to Baekho's residence. True that it was quite far, but leaving back one of her belongings there just bothers her. She needed to get it back, immediately.

Her legs carried her as fast as they could, but still, since the distance was quite big, she easily got tired and stopped. "Aish..." she mumbled as she sat for a while and caught her breath. She was panting heavily.

She was still busy catching her breath when a familiar figure stood in front of her. A person wearing the same uniform as she is, Kim Jonghyun, a.k.a, JR. "What're you doing here?" JR asked.

"JR?!" Soomin cried in astonishment and quickly stood up. "O-oh... I was heading back at Baekho's house to get something I forgot..."

"You mean this?" JR asked as he handed Soomin a white handkerchief.

"Nae!" Soomin nodded as she held it. "How'd you know that this was mine?"

"Two reasons. First, I saw it at your place. Second, it has your name on it."

"Oh, right." Soomin giggled. She quite forgot that she has this habit of sewing her name on all her belongings. Handkerchiefs, towels, bags, shirts, everything. She smiled sweetly and JR, bowing. "Thanks."

"Cheomaneyo." JR smiled as he ruffled Soomin's hair, making the young girl smile and blush bright red.

"I'm sorry if I was a burden." Soomin softly laughed. "You're house is quite far from here, and you came all the way here to return this."

"Hey, it's nothing." JR smiled. "Don't worry."

Soon, Soomin and JR heard footsteps getting closer to them. A tall silhoutte, taller than Soomin, came out of the darkness. "Soomin!" a familiar male's voice cried out. 

To their surprise, the voice was owned by no other than Lee Taemin. "Taemin? I thought you went home already?" Soomin blinked.

"Aish, how on earth can I leave my girlfriend alone?" Taemin snickered.

"Taemi-!"

"She's... your girlfriend?" JR asked as he looked completely astonished. It was too late when Taemin saw JR, it was too dark to notice him! Soomin quickly ran beside Taemin, her eyes showing worry. Taemin was too dumbfounded to reply JR's question.

"I repeat, is she your girlfriend?" JR repeated.

Silence.

"Lee Taemin. Answer me." JR said.

"You heard things correct. Soomin is my girlfriend." Taemin said, raising his voice bravely. 

"I get it now." JR sighed as he beamed at Soomin and smirked at her. "You lied lately, didn't you?"

"Mwo?"

"You lied about that MinMin thing. It stands for Soomin and Taemin. I was too clueless. The way you two acted, I was too blind to see that."

Soomin felt guilty for hiding such information from JR. JR wasn't just some guy, he was a lover! The way he would try attract her were useless now that she belongs to someone. He was defeated. He was hurt, and Soomin knew that, he just refused to show it. "Arraseo, I hope your relationship lasts long. I won't be a bother anymore. Goodbye." JR smiled as he turned his back and walked away.

Soomin wanted to run and grab his hand and explain things to him, but she knew well that no words can remove the pain. "Kajja." Taemin softly said as he held Soomin's hand. The two walked back home then...