Getting Weird

Opposites

 

The next day came and Soomin woke up under the sheets of her bed. The warm sun rays woke her up and signed her that this day would start perfectly. For some reason, she woke up feeling light. Most often times, she couldn't even get up, probably because of laziness or because she didn't want to see the damn Nu'est. This day, it was different, she actually wanted to see Nu'est, well, only Ren actually. She only wanted to see her twin.

With the speed of lightning, she ate breakfast, showered and dressed up. She quickly fixed her hair, grabbed her bag and dashed off her apartment, heading to school. Unlike last time, she would calmly walk down the street, her face emotionless, but this time, she was rushing to school, a bright smile carved on her face. 

As usual, she came across Sulli, who was off to school as well. "Why, good morning, Soomin!" she cheerfully greeted. "It seems like you've got a great morning start, eh?"

"Oh, good morning too, Sulli!" Soomin smiled. "Yeah, I guess you can say that."

"Aigoo, our dear Soomin is really pretty when she's smiling!" Sulli giggled. "Oops, correction, handsome when smiling."

"Aish, you're messing with me again, Sulli." Soomin smiled. 

"So, I see you're early too... very early to be precise. Why're you rushing this early?"

"Well... no reason actually. To... erm, avoid seeing those damn Nu'est boys! Yeah, I don't wanna see them those bastards!"

"I agree, if I were to be in your position, I'll do the same thing!" Sulli giggled. "Anyway, I need to go ahead, see you later?"

"Sure! See you, hwaiting!"

"You too!"

With that, Soomin rushed to her school again. It wasn't long before she arrived at the school building. As what she had predicted, Nu'est was there, and of course, no matter how early she tries to arrive at school, Key was always first among the three of them! "Good morning, Soomin-ah!" Key greeted as he walked closer to Soomin and ruffled his hair.

"Key-hyung!" Soomin cried in shock. Her attention was actually in Nu'est, so she was quiet dumbfounded when Key ruffled her hair. "Oh, good morning!"

"You're pretty happy today, what happened?" Key asked, a smile on his face showing up.

"Nothing, just woke up happy I guess."

"I hope that continues for the whole day!"

"Nae!"

Upon hearing Key call Soomin's name, Ren and JR quickly turned around. JR and his group soon walked to her and decided to greet her. "Good morning, Soomin." JR greeted first, an innocent smile shown on her face. Key scowled at the sight of Nu'est in front of them. Not to what he had expected, Soomin replied with a smile.

"Oh, hello there, Kim Jonghyun." Soomin smiled. She turned around to Key, who was sent an eye signal to greet them too.

"G'morning." Key greeted, his face emotionless. JR smiled at the two before turning around to his group. He coughed a bit before glaring at the other four.

"Good morning." Baekho, Minhyun and Aron greeted in unison.

"Good morning." Key and Soomin greeted back. There was one person who stayed quiet though, and that was no other than Ren. He tried avoiding eye contact from Soomin and Key. Soomin quickly noticed Ren's quietness, and so did JR.

"Ren..." JR softly cried as he began nudging Ren. The blonde had no courage to look up, he can't face his sister for some reason. Seeing that, Soomin knew the reason why. She saw the great change that happened to Ren. He would often be glaring at her at this time, but instead, he avoided her eyes.

"Yah, Ren..." Baekho whispered as he nudged the blonde.

"JR's calling you, yah!" Minhyun softly called out.

"Choi Minki! Ren!" Aron softly cried. 

Seeing that Ren was completely dazed, Soomin decided to take the first move. With her "great acting skills", Soomin crossed her arms and scoffed. "Quit forcing that bastard." Soomin said, grabbing the four's attention, and even Ren who finally managed to raise his head. "If he doesn't want to greet us, let him be. Besides, I don't want to be greeted by someone like him."

"Soomin-!" Key cried as he nudged her. Soomin sent her an eye signal, and as if by telepathy, Ren understood her and acted along.

"Good thing you know, punk!" Ren cried as he scowled. The two exchanged glares, making JR and Key try hold the two by shoulder. Soon, a familiar voice called out Key and Soomin...

Taemin. Lee Taemin.

"Taemin-ah!" Key cried as he waved his hand. Taemin quickly ran towards them and gave a shocked look at Nu'est, seeing that Soomin still hasn't caused a ruckus, well, maybe not yet since Key was grabbing her shoulders tightly, seemingly trying to hold her back from causing any troubles.

"Yah, what's happening here?" Taemin blinked as he looked at Nu'est, then to Key, then to Soomin. He placed his arms on her shoulder, making Soomin turn her attention to Taemin. "Soomin-ah, anything wrong?"

"Aniyo." she softly replied and grabbed Taemin and Key by their wrists. "C'mon, let's go."

"S-sure." the two guys nodded as they followed her. Soomin soon let go of their wrists and decided to walk behind them. Nu'est left later too, with Ren walking behind the group. The twins looked at each other, and walking behind was kind of an advantage since the others won't notice that they were sending looks at each other. Soon, the two just smiled at each other and parted ways.

==============================================================================================

Lunch came. Baekho, Ren and Minhyun finally came out of their classes and outside waited JR and Aron. "Took you three long enough." Aron smirked.

"Tell that to the professor!" Baekho scoffed as he scratched his head. "The lessons were crazy boring! Aish, I don't think I can take more of this!"

"You said it!" Minhyun sighed. "Aigoo..."

Seeing that Ren was abnormally quiet, JR snapped his fingers in front of his face, making the blonde jolt. "M-mwo?! W-waeyo?! Wha-?!" Ren cried as his eyes met JR's worried eyes.

"Yah, are you okay?" JR worriedly asked as he placed his hands on the blonde's head. "You're acting pretty weird today, Ren."

"I.. uh... I'm okay." Ren replied, a faint smile showing on his face. "Am I worrying you guys out?"

"You are." Minhyun nodded. 

"As if you're a different person today, Ren." Aron said as he  raised a brow at him, placing his hand on the younger's forehead. "Are you sick?"

"Ani, I'm okay, don't worry." Ren smiled. "I'm sorry if I'm worrying you, I hardly fell asleep yesterday night."

"Gwenchana." JR chuckled and ruffled Ren's blonde hair. 

"C'mon, let's eat lunch already!" Baekho impatiently whined. "I'm starving!"

"You always are, Kang Dongho!" Minhyun laughed, calling Baekho by his real name. The others merely laughed as the five headed off to have lunch outside the school building.

"Uwah, Ren's lunch's looking pretty as usual! Did some fangirl give that to you again?" Minhyun joked.

"Yah, for the millionth time, my umma makes these!" Ren chuckled as he gave Minhyun a light punch on the shoulder. "And, you know me, don't you, guys? I don't accept any gifts from the girls."

"Yup, that's our Ren alright!" Baekho smirked as he ruffled Ren's blonde hair. "Aigoo, we're so proud of our maknae!"

"Yah! Quit ruffling my hair!" Ren cried as he tried swatting Baekho's hand away. "You're ruining it!"

"And a diva as usual..." Aron said in disappointment. "Aish, if you don't stop being a diva, you'll turn into that Key-guy! Nagging here and there, aish, you'll get annoying!"

"YAH! I'm never turning like that guy! Seriously, what made you think of that?! Aish, just because both of us are divas doesn't mean I'll be like that freak!"

"Yah, we're just worried." Baekho chuckled.

"Guys, keep it down a bit, arraseo?!" JR cried as he tried to find peace while eating his lunch.

"Oh~ Someone's pissed!" Minhyun teased as he clung onto JR. "Aish, chill out, JR!" 

"How am I supposed to chill with you guys being noisy?!" JR exclaimed.

"Aish, your temper's getting worse."

"Yah, get off me Hwang Minhyun." JR commanded, making Minhyun quickly let go of him. Everyone knew that once JR calls them by their full name, it's either they're annoyed or serious, or sometimes, just urgent. Minhyun let go since he knew that he was annoying their leader, and they all knew how bad their leader's temper is!

There was a small moment of silence, that was until Ren's cellphone began ringing. He quickly pulled his phone out of his pants' pocket and mentally read the message.

                -Yah, I'm so sorry about lately! I didn't mean anything that I said, really! Aigoo... you were acting all weird lately so I had to do something, don't I? Aigoo, I'm really sorry! Text back please-
                                                                                                                                  ---CSM

The text was from no other than Choi Soomin. Her number was saved under the contact CSM standing for her name: Choi Soomin. He did such, well  because it was a way to hide the fact that he was texting her! Like what she had said last night, nobody should know except for the two of them! Ren didn't want to let Soomin down, so he had to do this! And besides, the other Nu'est members had developed this  habit of checking each other's cellphone and once they see her contact in his phone, they're dead!

"Who was it?" Baekho asked as he leaned at Ren to see the text message. Lucky for Ren, he had quickly deleted her message, thus, Baekho didn't see anything.

"Nothing, just another fan girl texting me to kill time." Ren answered as he put up a smirk. "I'm thinking of playing with her, is that okay?"

"Of course, maknae!" everyone, except of JR, said. Ren pretended to text and send, when in reality, he didn't. Seeing that Ren was busy texting, the others simply ignored him for the time being. That also gave Ren to reply Soomin.

                       -I'm not angry nor hurt, don't worry, arraseo? It's alright, I sensed that it was an act, so I rode along. I think we did a good job acting! Haha, nobody noticed the difference, I think... anyways, that's just it. I'm not angry, nor hurt, nor whatever you're thinking. Enjoy your lunch~-
                                                                                                                                  ---CMK

"And send." he mumbled, enough for the other members not to hear. He showed a hidden smile upon hitting the send button. It was great that at least by texting, the twins can talk to one another.

==============================================================================================

Finally, dismissal came. Nu'est was preparing to leave the campus. "So, what do you guys think of hanging around at my place today?" Aron asked as he looked at the other guys.

"Sounds good to me, I'm bored at home!" Minhyun nodded. 

"I'm in!" Baekho smirked.

"Sure, I've got nothing to do anyways..." JR smiled before looking at Ren. "You are coming along, aren't you, Ren?"

"Ani, sorry..." Ren nervously laughed.

"Mwo? Waeyo?" Baekho asked as he raised a brow at him.

"Hm... I'm just not in the mood to. I'll stay home for a while."

"Aish, you're acting really weird, Ren!" JR scowled. "Are you okay?"

"Nae." Ren nodded. 

Putting his hand over Ren's forehead, JR tried to feel if the blonde was sick. Feeling that the other was okay, he began to wonder. "You're not sick..."

"I am not. I just want to go home quick."

"Arraseo, do you want anyone to accompany you back home? Baekho or Minhyun perhaps?" 

"Ani, I'll be okay."

Finally getting the permission of their leader, Ren hurried to go back home. As soon as he got home, he quickly got dressed up and went off again, which probably his parents didn't notice. To where he was going, well it was unknown, until he stood in front of a crammy looking apartment.

Upon knocking at the door, a familiar face surprises Ren. "Ren?!" Soomin cried upon seeing him in front of her door. Without hesitation, she quickly pulled Ren inside. "What the what are you doing here?!" 

"Obviously, I came to visit you." Ren answered.

"Aish, what if others saw you?! Aigoo, that'd be big trouble!"

"Aren't you happy that I stopped by?"

"Of course I am, but what if others saw you!?"

"Mianhe, I won't repeat that next time."

"Fine. So, would you like some snacks?"

"Would I?"

The twins then spent the time talking to each other, trying to mend back the bond that once vanished all these years. Somewhat, Ren and Soomin felt zero hatred towards each other. Their laughter filled the room, and that feeling they felt years ago came back again. The warmth of being with each other once again.