Another Side

Opposites

"SOOMIN!" Key and Taemin cried as they ran to see Soomin. There were several bandages over her face and some bruises were still visibly seen. Good thing that Soomin's blazer covered his arms, there were more bruises than one could ever think. She has bruises on her face, arms, legs, back, everywhere.

"Oh my- Look at your face!" Key cried as he touched Soomin's face. He accidentally ran his fingers over one of her bruises, making Soomin flinch a bit. "Oh, s-sorry..."

"Please, no touching." Soomin softly said as she swatted Key's hand upon feeling a sharp pain.

"See?! You should have brought us along!" Taemin exclaimed as he scowled and clicked his tongue. "Look at you, you're all bruised up! Aigoo..."

"Guys, please, this is what I wanted and this is what I got." Soomin said. "And besides, if this happened to both of you, I can assure that I won't be able to forgive myself."

"But getting hurt for us? It's just... so wrong."

"Yah, quit worrying, Taemin. I'm okay, this is nothing. Bruises? Scratches? Wounds? I've received worse than these, and you know that, don't you?"

Key and Taemin kept quiet as they exchanged glances. They simply nodded as they knew what Soomin was talking about, but they didn't bother to even say it. It was too painful for Soomin herself, and years of helping her trying to get over it would be useless. They simply gave her one glance and patted her shoulder. "Yah, did you treat your wounds well?" Key asked, still greatly worried for the young girl.

"I washed it with soap and water, then put bandages on them, is that okay?" Soomin asked.

"Aish, of course not!" Key cried. "Aigoo, water and soap won't do that much! You could have at least put some medicine of some sort to clean the bacteria!"

"Okay... that's too much now, isn't it?" 

"TOO MUCH?!"

"Hyung! Calm. Down!" Taemin cried as he patted Key's back. Key simply took a deep breath and crossed his arms like a diva he is.

"Aish, arraseo. We'll treat your wounds later at lunch break, arraseo?" Key said.

"Eh?! You don't need to! It's okay and-"

"Just obey us! Your bruises will heal faster if we treat them, and so will your wounds."

"I'll take Key-hyung's advise, Soomin." Taemin smiled. "That's his secret for having fair complexion! Remember when we were kids and he'd get the most scratches and wounds?"

"Nae."

"Well, do you wonder why he has no signs of scars?"

"Nae."

"Well, that's his secret."

"Psh, so what? Like I wanna have fair complexion!"

"It's ugly for lassies like you to be fair complexed!"

"I might be one, but do I look like one now? I don't, right, so, what's the use?"

"Even still!"

Soomin just sighed and nodded, since she didn't have much of a choice. When Key makes a decision, there's nothing that can make him change his mind. Not even baby-faced Taemin can, nor the sweet Sulli, nor ulzzang Soomin can! Key was the eldest among them and was a diva for goodness' sake! "Arraseo, arraseo." Soomin smiled as she pushed Key a bit, softly giggling.

The three headed back to class, and miraculously, no signs of Nu'est. They felt relieved. At Soomin's state now, she won't be able to fight back thanks to a night of being beaten up into a pulp! Key and Taemin were pretty helpless too when it comes into hand-to-hand combat, and can only attack using fiery words. Soomin was actually the only one capable of fighting physically and mentally among them. Sulli showed some signs of being capable of fighting physically and mentally too, but she was unlike Soomin. She was weaker than her by so many levels, that even a simply push would defeat her.

Soomin didn't want any of them to fight Nu'est, first because she feared that they will get hurt... especially Sulli. Yes, both of them are girls, but Soomin herself was used to acting like a boy and being around boys, thus, being hurt doesn't matter anymore...

Bruises, wounds, scratches, they didn't matter to her anymore. In fact, at some times, she almost forgot that she was a girl herself...

"See you later, hyung!" Taemin said as he waved his hand at Key.

"Do well!" Key smiled before going to his classes. 

==============================================================================================

Hours passed and it was finally lunch break. Key's class had been dismissed earlier than Taemin and Soomin's. He was already waiting outside their room. "Dismissed early?" Soomin asked, smiling.

"Nae. I must say I should thank the professor, the class was terribly boring!" Key pouted as he crossed his arms again.

"Aigoo, talk about our class!" Taemin whined before looking at Soomin. "Seriously, how can you stand listening to those awfully boring lessons, Soomin?!"

"Thinking positively. Education is the foundation of our future."

"Aish, whatever!"

"That personality of yours is the problem. Aish..."

Taemin just stuck his tongue out upon hearing Soomin. Meanwhile, Key had grabbed Soomin by her wrist and dragged her to the clinic. She, him and Taemin borrowed the clinic first to treat her wounds. 

"Okay, remove your blazer." Key commanded.

"Okay then, get outta here." Soomin glared.

"Mwo?"

"Uh, hello? I'm a girl, you two are boys? Isn't this being y?"

"Yah, we grew up together! There's nothing we don't know about you!" Key pouted.

"Even still! I'm a lady and you two are men. I may physically appear as a boy, but I still am a girl!"

"Do you want your wounds to be treated or not?!"

"I actually didn't want them to be treated, but you insisted on treating them!"

"That's it, remove your blazer. Now." Key glared. Soomin had no choice but to obey. She quickly removed her blazer, revealing lots of bruises on her arm. There were small and big wounds too. 

"Wow, never expected you to be this wounded up!" Taemin gasped.

"I bet this isn't even half of it." Key sighed. "Remove you shirt."

"WHAT?!"

"Yah, you've got wounds on your back too, so less chat, more action, arraseo?"

"No way! That's being y!"

"Do. It."

"Arraseo, arraseo, aish..." Soomin sighed. Well, she did agree with Key that they knew everything about her, but logical thinking, girls are not supposed to strip in front of boys, though she can't actually say that she was stripping in front of Taemin and Key... Good thing that she wore a sleeveless shirt under her white shirt... Key began to treat the wounds on her arms and face. Every now and then, he would nag at her, and it annoyed Soomin very much. Of all the things that she hated most about Key was his endless nagging!

"Appayo!" Soomin cried as she felt Key put medicine on her wounds  behind her back.  "Please! Can you do this gently?!"

"Aish, it will obviously hurt, Soomin!" Key cried. "Just deal with it!"

"Even still-!"

Key sighed, making Soomin stop talking and continued to deal with the sharp pain. Soon, it was over and all wounds were treated and were wrapped with bandages. "Okay, done." Key smiled. "Go put your shirt and blazer on now."

"Finally!" Soomin sighed as she wore her shirt and blazer again. The three got out of the clinic, just to be greeted by five familiar faces. Faces that they hated.

Yes, it was Nu'est who greeted them.

"Aw, look what we have here." Aron chuckled. "If it isn't out favorite trio again!"

"You look awful!" Minhyun laughed as he looked at Soomin. "You won't be like this if you didn't pick a fight with us in the first face. Now look at our dear ulzzang boy, all bruised up!"

Minhyun ruffled Soomin's hair, just for his hand to be swatted away. Soomin glared at him, hissing. "At least she had the courage to fight you bastards!" Key cried. Key's words made Baekho quickly snap and grab him by his blazer.

"What did you just say?!" Baekho hissed. Key simply glared at him before Soomin stepped in.

"Yah! Let go of him!" Soomin cried as she pushed Baekho, making him loose grip of Key. Key quickly regained balance and stood behind Soomin.

"I thought we agreed on this." Ren smirked. "We win, and that means nothing'll change, right? Too bad you didn't win for your punny friends. But I must say, we might as well thank you because if you could have won, we would decide on bullying random people instead."

"Like the whole school, maybe?" Baekho asked.

"Exactly~ And that's because of one little boy here." Ren chuckled.

Soomin froze in place upon hearing Ren's words. She didn't know if she should feel happy or not... first, happy mainly because she, Key, Taemin and Sulli won't get bullied anymore. But not since everyone will get bullied because of her! "You sons of a-" Soomin began to cursed but was quickly cut off by Taemin.

"Soomin..." Taemin mumbled as he shook his head. Soomin knew that Taemin hated her when she began cursing, thus, she promised him that she won't anymore. If she had said more words, Taemin could've snapped! She simply looked at him and sighed. 

"Arraseo, mianhe." she softly said as she glared at Ren. "If cursing won't do, then I'll just attack him!"

Before Taemin and Key could grab her by the arm, Soomin had charged Ren, pinning him down on the floor. Their fight grabbed thousands of attention. Nu'est tried stopping Soomin from landing attacks on the blonde. Ren kicked his feet and tried blocking her attacks and getting her off of him at the same time. But he failed, Soomin had him pinned him down real bad. Apparently, she was sitting on top of her, so his struggles were useless. 

"You-! Get off me!" Ren cried as he tried attacking her back. "Get off!"

"You are unacceptable! You really would do anything to bully people, wouldn't you?! You sicken me from the first place, Choi Minki, you hear?! YOU SICKEN ME! You and your damn group! If you can't bully us, then you'll bully everyone?! You bunch off-!"

"Hajima! Choi Soomin!" Key cried as he tried stopping Soomin.

"Get off Ren, you punk!" Minhyun cried. 

Soon, the tables turned. Now, it was Ren on having the upper hand. He was now pinning Soomin down, landing attacks on him. She was capable of blocking them though, but some just can't seem to be avoided. Both were seeing red. They didn't care if a large crowd was watching them nor their friends trying to stop them.

"REN! HAJIMA!!!" JR cried as he pulled Ren away, landing a punch on him. This shocked Nu'est, Key, Taemin and everyone else. But the one who was shocked the most was no other than Soomin. With Ren off of her already, she quickly got up onto her feet and stood beside Taemin and Key. "Enough, Ren, enough!"

"W-what was that for, JR?!" Aron cried in shock.

"Yeah! Why'd you punch Ren?!" Minhyun asked.

"Enough is enough." JR said as he glared at them. "Bullying for no reason isn't right."

"What's gotten into you?!' Ren exclaimed as he held his jaw. "You're acting weird!"

"I'm saying that this is enough. Beating up a person you had beat up yesterday seems boring. Let's pick up on someone else, he's not interesting me."

"JR's right." Baekho nodded. "Sure, your choice then!"

"Kajja..." JR ordered. The others followed him and vanished soon. Soomin just blinked as her eyes were glued on Nu'est walking away. She was actually shocked by JR's different side. Why did he acted as if he protected her? Her wondering were soon cut off when Key grabbed her by the collar and dragged her away, with Taemin following behind.

==============================================================================================

Dismissal came and Key hasn't uttered a single word. Taemin and Soomin knew that if he is like this, he is sure to be angry. Very angry to be exact, and they both knew whose fault it was...

Choi Soomin.

"Yah, apologize to him, palli!" Taemin whispered as he nudged Soomin.

"How?! I don't know how to start!" Soomin whispered back as she scowled a bit.

"Just say that you're sorry!"

"I... I can't!"

"Oh for Pete's sake, just say sorry!"

"Easier said than done!"

"Look, we can't end this day without you saying sorry to Key-hyung! It'll make him be bitter to you!"

"I know, I know, but... I just..."

"Hey guys!" a feminine voice cried out. It belonged to Sulli, who was running towards them. Without hesitation, she hugged Soomin, who, as usual, tried struggling free.

"Aish, how many times do I have to tell you not to hug me in public, Sulli?" Soomin sighed. "I look like a boy and the day will come that someone will mistake me for your boyfriend!"

"Psh, they won't!"

Sulli giggled as she pinched Soomin's cheeks and greeted Taemin. She also noticed that Key was a bit quiet, making her wonder. "Yah, oppa, what's gotten into you?" Sulli cutely asked as she began tugging Key's blazer. Seeing that Key won't reply, Sulli turned around to Taemin "What's wrong with him?"

"Well, someone here had upset hyung and won't say sorry." Taemin said as she sent a look at Soomin. Sulli quickly sensed that and turned to Soomin. 

"Aigoo, what did you do again?" Sulli asked as she raised a brow at her.

"How am I supposed to know?!" Soomin cried.

The four had decided to stop by at Sulli's house this time. Her parents were currently out so she was alone at home. "Here, have some snacks~" Sulli smiled as she handed some glasses of juice and pastries. 

"Gomawo!" Taemin smiled. Next, Sulli turned her attention to Key and Soomin.

"Yah, if you two don't make up, I can assure that the next minutes won't be good." Sulli said, her tone serious. This quickly grabbed Key and Soomin's attention. Key took a deep breath before turning around to Soomin.

"Yah, that mess you pulled out earlier is really disappointing, Choi Soomin." Key scolded, his emotion obviously serious. Soomin tried to avoid eye contact and listen at the same time. "You made such a big ruckus lately, charging Ren like that, it was really immature of you."

"Mianhe..." Soomin softly said.

"I expect better next time, arraseo? I expect more, please don't let me or us next time, do I make myself clear?"

"Nae..."

Key smiled as he ruffled the younger girl's hair. From someone dead serious, he reverted back to that bright side of his and hugged Soomin. "Good~ Be a good girl next time!" Key giggled.

"Nae, hyung." Soomin smiled.

But still, the question why JR acted like that lately still runs in her mind. She did notice that from the start, JR seemed to be the only one not to take interest in bullying them. 

Is this another side of him that no one knew?