Jealousy

Opposites

The next day passed. Soomin "miraculously" arrived earlier than Key, Taemin and Nu'est! Well, Key arrived a few minutes after Soomin arrived, and then Nu'est then Taemin. As usual, they had small chats, and as if nothing happened yesterday, JR and Soomin acted completely normal. The two greeted each other, had some short conversation and even teased a bit. 

While Soomin and JR were busy talking to each other, Soomin received a message from Ren. To her surprise, well, he was teasing her!

-Aigoo, you two suit each other well! XD-
---CMK

After reading the message, she secretly sent Ren a glare, which made him laugh softly, which Baekho and Taemin noticed, much to their confusion. Sensing that they were looking at him, a bit creeped out, Ren quickly maintained his poise and stopped laughing, earning Soomin's soft giggles. 

"So, how are you doing now?" JR asked, a smile carved on his face. Soomin quickly looked at him, just to realize that his ears were turning red. She let out a soft laugh before answering him.

"I'm okay, arraseo? I should be the one asking you that." Soomin laughed. The words were quickly heard by Taemin, who turned his attention to them. What did they mean? Was Soomin keeping something from him? 

"I don't mean to be rude, but what are you two talking about?" Taemin asked as he wrapped his arms around Soomin.

"Oh, nothing." Soomin giggled. 

"Yah, are you keeping a secret from me now?" Taemin pouted.

"You don't even know, I keep thousands, no, millions of secrets from you!" Soomin replied while sticking her tongue out.

"Mwo?! Key-hyung!!! Did you just heard what Soomin said?!" 

"Aish, leave him be." Key sighed as he ruffled Taemin's blonde hair. "Respect his privacy."

"That's right! Respect my privacy!" Soomin giggled, making Taemin pout. In the end, he admits defeat and just remained silent and wrapped his arms around Soomin, making JR twitch a bit.

Soon, the bell rang and the two groups headed to their own classes. To everyone's surprise, Ren and Soomin exchanged "hwaiting"s. As soon as they realized that, the two obtained looks from others.

"Well, aren't you two getting along." Minhyun smiled as he ruffled Ren's blonde hair. 

"Yah! Hajima!" Ren cried as he tried swatting Minhyun's hand from his head.

"Great to know that you two are slowly getting along." Key smiled at Soomin.

"Nae." Soomin smiled as she turned to Ren and sent him a reassuring smile. Ren saw this and gave her one as well before they headed to their respective classes.

==============================================================================================

A couple hours later and it was dismissal. The day went off like any other day, chatting, teasing and more. Well, not much of them have plans. Nu'est decided to come along with Soomin and her friends in picking up Sulli from school. Afterwards, they decided to head home already, well, except for some.

"Aigoo, my neck hurts like hell!" Key cried as he rubbed the back of his neck, making soft cracking sounds. "I can't wait to go home!"

"For some reason, I have the same idea!" Sulli whined.

"Us too..." Baekho, Minhyun and Aron nodded. 

Taemin quickly clung onto Soomin. "Aw, too bad, hyung and Sulli won't be able to come along us." Taemin teased as he stuck his tongue out. 

"Too bad~" Soomin smiled.

"Oh, do you and Taemin have plans?" JR asked as he turned to Taemin and Soomin.

"Nae. We were planning on strolling around." Soomin nodded.

"Oh, too bad, I was going to invite you with the same thing." JR chuckled softly. "Never mind though."

"Taemin-ah, you don't mind if JR comes along, right?" Soomin smiled.

Taemin really didn't want him to come, but hearing Soomin's words, he can't possibly refuse her. He still has this hatred for JR and feels uncomfortable around him. Funny, he feels better if it was Ren, but JR? Hell no... 

"Of course not!" Taemin said as he put up a fake smile. "Feel free to come along!"

"Jinjja? Gamsahamnida." JR smiled.

Soomin was quite worried for Ren. Since JR was along, why not invite her brother along too? "Yah, Ren!" she called out, grabbing her twin's attention. "You want to come along?" she asked.

"Me?" Ren asked as he pointed at himself.

"Is there any other Ren around here?" Soomin joked.

"Sure... if you say so." Ren slightly smiled. 

The four soon went off, strolling around and even stopping by at cafes, playing in arcades.

==============================================================================================

Soon, the four decided to stop by in a karaoke house, well, to test their singing abilities. After picking some songs, the singing starts. Starting with JR of course, then Ren, then Taemin. All of them obviously sang well, but when it was time for Soomin, a smile crossed Taemin's face.

"Why're you smiling?" Ren asked.

"You'll see." Taemin smiled.

"Does she sing well?" JR asked.

"Nae."

As the music starts, Soomin's voice filled the air. Just like what Taemin said, her voice was absolutely great! To their comments, she sounded like an angel as she sang INFINITE's Paradise.

"Niga isseoya man yeogi ga paradise eojiro neoreul gadwo beorin paradise oh, kkae eoseon galsu eobtneun seulpeun paradise Yeongwonhi hamkke halsu itneun paradise, oh oh, oh oh oh"

The three listened to Soomin's beautiful voice. She sang as great as the original singers! Her voice echoed the whole room, and JR was more attracted to her. For some reason... his heart skipped a beat. After singing, the three of them gave her a standing ovation, making Soomin smile.

"As great as ever!" Taemin smiled as he hugged Soomin. 

"Gomawo." Soomin giggled. 

When Taemin hugged Soomin, the twins quickly noticed JR twitch, probably a sign of jealousy? The group later on decided to leave and take more strolls.

=========================================================================================

While walking, the four talked, laughed and teased. Ren was able to join their conversation and slowly felt that the awkwardness vanishing. He was able to join their conversation and talk to Soomin freely. Everything seemed to go well...

But that was their mistake...

"Soomin, why not stop by at my place again?" JR asked.

"Well, it is getting late, maybe next time, arraseo?" Soomin smiled.

"Oh, come on, it'll be quick!" JR insisted as he grabbed Soomin by hand.

Soomin just chuckled and was about to agree but Taemin interfered, pulling JR's hand away from Soomin. "Yah, Soomin said no, please respect that." Taemin said as stood in front of Soomin, who was partially astonished. 

"Taemin..." Soomin mumbled as she saw the other's gestures.

"I think you've misunderstood me, I'm not forcing her." JR calmly stated out. "It's okay if she doesn't want to. If you have plans together, it's okay."

"Ani, it's okay, Taemin." Soomin smiled as she patted Taemin's back. 

"Yah! I'm standing out for you here!" Taemin angrily cried, surprising Soomin.

"Yah, what's gotten into you?" Soomin asked as she backed off a bit. "Why are you angry all of the sudden?"

It was too late for Taemin to notice what he just did. Did he just raised his voice to Soomin? He couldn't... he never did that ever! Why was he acting like that? After knocking himself back to his senses, Taemin backed off a bit, he finally realized what was going on...

He was jealous.

Jealous? Jealous of what...?

On how close JR and Soomin were... the way Soomin acts around JR, it made him jealous. She was closer to JR than him...

Without saying anything, Taemin sprinted off. He had to run away. He really didn't know why, but his legs just ran. "Taemin! Yah! Come back!" Soomn cried. 

Her cries were useless, Taemin had vanished. Soomin was shocked. What was going on?