You Like Who?!

Opposites

Days passed again. Nu'est had gotten closer with Soomin, Key, Taemin and Sulli. The awkwardness was gone and the twins slowly opened to them, finally talking in front of them, although their conversation are still small, typical types. Ren and Soomin still preferred to communicate by texting each other. The others didn't notice this anyway, so they didn't worry much.

Although they were getting along, Taemin still can't stop feeling awkward. He admitted that there was about 5% hatred left in him. The way they used to treat Soomin was completely unforgivable, and the way the beat him and her. Those memories were the hinders for him to fully forgive them. Still, he tries to get along with them despite that little hatred left. 

Meanwhile, Soomin continued to drop by at Ren's house from time to time, well, usually because she was invited by Ren's foster parents for dinner or such.. or maybe to just keep Ren company. One time, Ren was the one to drop by at Soomin's place. The twins would secretly arrange a day to meet, either in one's house or maybe in a cafe or some sort. No one knows about this, not even Soomin's closest friends! 

Again, it was a normal school day, Nu'est and Soomin and her friends met again and had a little chat. Soomin had observed that Key was getting close to Aron and Minhyun, and that was pretty much okay. Baekho was obviously getting closer to Soomin and Taemin, along with JR and awkward Ren. 

"Good morning!" the whole Nu'est greeted. Soomin and the other two simply greeted with a smile and waved. 

"Hey, good morning." Soomin smiled. As usual, Baekho clung on her while Minhyun and Aron were busy giving high fives at Key. Taemin simply greeted them and glared at Baekho. Ren smiled at her, which she replied with a smile.

"I see you three are early." Baekho teased.

"Correction, Soomin is early." Key laughed.

"Hyung!" Soomin cried as she turned around to Key, who was busy laughing. Soomin later on just gave him a light punch before bursting into laughter. Taemin soon bursted into laughter after seeing Soomin's reaction. Soon, everyone was laughing hard.

==============================================================================================

Again, it was lunch time, Nu'est and the three of them, meaning Key, Taemin and Soomin, were having lunch together. As usual, the twins sat beside together. They were already texting one another, but will talk a bit still, though short. Taemin decided to sit beside Key and just watch Soomin from afar. 

"Woah, Soomin, do you prepare you own lunch?" Baekho suddenly asked.

"Well, yeah." Soomin nodded. "I live alone, remember?"

"For a boy, you prepare lunch really well." Minhyun smiled.

"Yah! Key-hyung is a boy too and he prepares his own lunch as well!" Soomin pouted.

"Aish, you didn't need to tell that!" Key smiled.

Everyone ended up laughing, even Ren laughed. Soon, lunch was over and they headed back to their own classes.

==============================================================================================

Dismissal finally arrived.

Key, Taemin and Soomin decided to pick Sulli up and drop by at Key's place. Of course, that was their plan before they encountered Nu'est. "Hey, going straight home?" Aron asked.

"Nae." Key nodded. "Well, we'll be picking up Sulli first before heading at my place."

"Ah, jinjja? You guys really are close." Minhyun smiled.

"How about you, Soomin? Going with them?" JR asked.

"Well, nae." Soomin nodded. "Is there something wrong?"

"Oh... nothing. See you tomorrow." JR said as Nu'est went ahead. The three were left slightly weirded out before heading off. After picking up Sulli from her school, they headed at Key's residence.

Since Key's house was quite near to their school, the four quickly arrived there. Mrs. and Mr. Kim were currently not home so Key himself. "Whoa~ Gomawo oppa!" Sulli happily said as she took a plate of sliced cake. 

"Cheomaneyo, Sulli-ah!" Key smiled and handed Taemin and Soomin some. "Yah, you two eat too."

"Gomawo!" Soomin smiled as she took a plate of sliced cake.

"Aniyo, hyung, I don't want." Taemin said as he waved his hands in a "denying" matter.

"Aish, is that the reason you're so skinny?" Key glared. "Eat some, I bet in the future, you'll look like a walking bamboo stick!"

"Hyung!!!"

Everyone soon bursts into laughter. The four had a few chats and before they knew it, it was already dark. Sulli, Taemin and Soomin decided to head home already. "Be careful on your way home, arraseo?" Key reminded. "Yah, Lee Taemin, take care of the girls, arraseo?"

"Arraseo, hyung." Taemin smiled. The three then walked home. 

Soomin forgot that she had to buy dinner, so she soon parted with Sulli and Taemin. She quickly headed to the grocery store. As soon as she had bought everything, she bumps into this person she never expected to bump to. 

The impact was so hard that Soomin fell on the ground... hard. "Appayo..." she mumbled as she tried rubbing the pain away her back. As she looked up, to her surprise it was him.

"Soomin?" JR blinked upon seeing her. "Didn't expect to bump on you here."

"JR?" Soomin mumbled as she stood up. "Neither did I... what brings you here?"

"It was getting boring at home. Umma and appa are too busy with their works and my two noonas are too busy to have a video call with me."

"Too bad. So, what're you up to?" Soomin asked.

"Nothing, just strolling around the nightlife of Seoul, you?"

"Well, I bought my dinner and is planning to head home."

"Say, how about we stop by a cafe or something? My treat?" JR suggested.

Soomin simply smiled and pretended to think. Afterwards, she ended up agreeing. "Arraseo, but it's your treat!"

"Nae, my treat." JR smiled. The two went to the nearest cafe and had a little snack, though Soomin decided to just order a strawberry smoothie. The two finished quickly and had a little walk together, heading to the park.

"Do you often come here?" JR asked as he sat on the swing.

"Not really." Soomin replied. "I often stay in my apartment. I only go out once in a while, buying stuff or some sort."

"Oh."

"How about you?"

"I often stay home or maybe attend events my family is included in. Parties, reunions... those are the often events I attend to."

Soomin blinked a few times. Who knew life of someone "high-ranking" had such a busy life. And at JR's age, he should be mingling with friends, not strangers his parents are acquaintances with! She felt that her life was a bit more "thrilling" than his. "Wow, talk about tough life." Soomin smiled.

"Back at Daegu, me, Taemin, Key and Sulli often play. Playgrounds, backyards, everywhere. We were hard-core naughties back then. Sulli was so different compared to now. She wasn't really girly, her hair, it always looked like a bird's nest, and she never cared! Key? He never was a diva and you'll never believe if I tell you that he was one scary boy. Taemin, well, he never changed." Soomin giggled by the thought.

"And you...?" JR asked.

"Well... I guess I never changed." Soomin smiled. 

JR smiled. Imagining Soomin as a little child, recklessly picking up fights and protecting her comrades seemed kind of cute. He coudn't avoid giggling upon the thought, confusing Soomin a bit. "Yah, what's wrong?" Soomin asked.

"It just seems so cute, you as a little lad, standing up to who ever bullies your friends." JR chuckled.

"Y-yeah..." Soomin smiled. Well, she never actually stood up for them when she was little, they were the ones who stood for her. She was a tough girl back then, but her innocent side rose more. She never stood up for anyone, not even herself. When she and Ren weren't separated yet, the twins were completely helpless and Key, being the eldest among them, stood up. Eversince Ren got adopted by the family he is now, Soomin slowly learned to be tough.

JR and Soomin had an awkward silence the next few minutes, until of course, JR spoke up again. "Say, have you felt in love ever in your life?" JR suddenly asked.

"Mwo?" Soomin blinked as she put up a confused look. 

"Were you in love or something ever in your life?" JR repeated.

Soomin began to think back. Has she ever been in love? Pre school? Definitely not. Elementary? Nope, not even a little! Middle School? Admirers, yes, but nope. Now? Not even a bit! "Nope, never." Soomin answered while shaking her head. "Why'd you ask?"

"Oh, it just crossed my mind." JR smiled. 

"Have you...?" Soomin smirked.

"Well..." JR blushed. "Um... you know, I met this girl once!"

"Yah, you're changing the topic." 

"Yeah, I met her in a party." JR smiled. "She was with Ren that time. I admit, she's a pretty lady, somewhat angel-like."

Soomin remembered. The one JR was describing was no other than her herself when she attended that party! She just pretended not to know anything, and just listened to what JR has to say. "Too bad I didn't had the chance to ask her name." JR sighed. 

"Is she and Ren related?" Soomin pretended to ask.

"Well, I don't think so. Ren told me that he met her in the party. He didn't know her name neither, she wouldn't talk! Aish..."

Soomin simply giggled and looked at him. "I think someone's in love~" she teased.

"What? No. I'm not in love with that girl!" JR denied, surprising Soomin. "Yes, she is pretty, but she's not the one I like."

"Jinjja?" Soomin blinked. "Then... who?"

JR remained silent. It seems like he didn't have the courage to reveal who has captured his heart. Soomin blinked a few times and tilted her head a bit, a gesture saying that she wanted to know who. "If I tell you, will you promise that you won't reveal it to the others and not be shocked?" JR asked.

"Of course." Soomin nodded. By the way JR speaks, it seems really important that not even his group can know! 

Finally, JR revealed who his heart was beating for. He turned around to Soomin, talking with his quivering voice.

"You see... I like..." JR began.

"I like you, Choi Soomin."