Revenge

Opposites

Soomin followed the map and found herself walking towards a dim alley. She felt chills running up and down her spine. Part of her was trying to convince her to run and forget about Nu'est and the other told her to keep going to end all of these. Of course, she kept on walking, her whole body trembling a bit. 

"Aish, come on, Choi Soomin, keep it together!" she mumbled as she tried calming herself down. She admitted that she was feeling fear slowly taking over her, but her will of wanting to stop everything gave her courage. "You can do this, for your friends!" she chanted.

While she was walking, she felt someone following her. With courage, she quickly turned to see the stranger following her. Just as what she expected, the stranger was him.

"Hello, Choi Soomin." Ren greeted with a smile.

"Choi Minki..." Soomin hissed as she saw the blonde. "I came here just as what you said, where are the others?"

"We're right here." Baekho chuckled as he, Aron and Minhyun came out of the darkness. Soomin quickly turned to see the three appear out of no where. 

Recognizing that they were only four, Soomin began to wonder. "Where's you leader?" she asked with a cold tone, her eyes blazing.

"Oh, JR? He's busy with his own life." Aron answered. "We don't want our leader to cram over things, so we decided to leave him out of this."

"Too bad he'll miss all the fun." Minhyun clicked his tongue as he removed his hands from his pockets. 

"I feel bad for our leader..." Ren sighed as the four of them walked closer to Soomin. Soomin kept her guard up, observing every move the guys made. She was ready to defend herself against any surprise attacks the guys might pull.

"Say, let's make a deal, shall we?" Ren suggested, a grin carving on his face. "When we beat you, everything will stay. Nothing will change, agreed?"

Soomin sent a deathly glare at him, but it didn't affect Ren. "What if I win?" she asked.

"I doubt that'll happen though, don't even dream about it." Baekho laughed. "But since you ask, if you win, we'll leave you and your punny friends alone. We'll grant you peace, and even that girl friend of yours will find peace and quiet."

"Deal." Soomin nodded as she stood in a defensive way. She was alert of everything. Despite being a girl, Soomin is capable of defending herself, thanks to her four years training of different martial arts. Back at Daegu, no one dared to fight her! She was someone nobody expected to be! Behind her pretty face lies a horrible truth!

Nu'est began to attack Soomin. With her swift moves, she easily blocked their punches and attacked at the same time. Aron and Minhyun fell but quickly got up to their feet, continuing to attack her. Soomin's senses were much sharper than theirs, thus, she easily sensed every attack they were about to lay on her. Punches here and there, kicks here and there, falling from time to time, these weren't knew to Soomin. True, she did receive some of their attacks but that didn't make her give up, not even a bit.

Baekho luckily landed a punch on her, causing her to bite her lower lip and bleed. She simply wiped the blood off and began attacking Baekho with a kick. The kick was no ordinary one as Baekho quickly fell and it took him a while to get back to his feet. While Soomin had her attention on Baekho, Aron and Minhyun were able to grab her by the arm, buying Ren some time to land attacks on her. She received a few before she jumped and dodged them, making Aron and Minhyun receive Ren's attacks instead. All of them were bruised already and were slightly panting. 

"You're a tough one, aren't you?" Baekho smirked.

"You don't even know." Soomin replied before charging Baekho again, pushing him on the ground. While he was down, Soomin quickly shifted her attention to Aron, who was about to head-lock her. She quickly grabbed him by the arm and flipped him on the ground beside Baekho. Minhyun was up next, planning on kicking Soomin's feet and make her loose balance. He succeeded though but Soomin was still able to defend herself. She quickly blocked Minhyun's punch and flipped him over. With three still down, she had her attention on Ren. Ren was standing and glaring at Soomin, which she managed to reply with a deathly glare. The two collided and began attacking each other.

The two were so evenly matched, as if they knew what the other would do next. Their battle seemed like no end... both were so equally matched. Seeing that there was no use on punching Soomin, Ren quickly acted and made her loose balance by kicking her feet. Soomin didn't sense that and fell quickly.

"Caught you." Ren smirked as he took the opportunity to attack her. Soomin was too shocked and had her guard down, thus, she wasn't able to block them. Baekho, Aron and Minhyun had got up and attacked Soomin along with Ren. Soomin received their attacks.

Aron and Minhyun locked Soomin by her arms while Ren and Baekho attacked. She was helpless and mentally cursed herself for not being more alert. She had no choice but to receive the blows, add the fact that her arms were held by Aron and Minhyun. It was one versus four and the sign of her loosing was very visible.

Minutes later and they stopped. Aron and Minhyun let her go, making Soomin fall down weakly. "See, we told you you won't win." Baekho laughed as he saw Soomin fall. The others laughed along at the sight of her.

"I guess nothing'll change then?" Ren smirked. Soomin was too weak to reply. She can barely hear what they were even saying. The sharp pain was felt in every part of her body. Bruises were everywhere and she can feel some trails of blood from her lips. 

"See you tomorrow, Choi Soomin." Aron laughed.

"And don't you even dare telling others about this, arraseo?" Minhyun reminded. The four vanished in the darkness, leaving the helpless Soomin alone.

==============================================================================================

Later, Soomin had managed to get up and walk home. She could barely stand up nor walk with the sharp pain still there. She wobbled home, her face lowered to avoid getting attention. She felt very bad for letting her friends down. She had high hopes of ending everything, but she did nothing. She thought that everything was going according to what she had on mind, but everything just took a great turn when she faced Ren. Ren... it was his fault. Just hearing his name makes her boil with anger.

She was too focused on thinking about her loosing to Nu'est that she crossed the street carelessly. She didn't even noticed that a car was speeding. It was too late for her to notice as all she was able to see was the bright head lights. She thought it was the end...

Or was it...?

She thought that it was the end, that was until she felt a strong force push her to the side. She was too scared to open her eyes, but she felt that she was being hugged by someone.

"Are you okay?" a familiar voice asked.

The voice was very familiar to Soomin, and she the owner of the voice was someone she really didn't want to see that time, nor ever. 

Kim Jonghyun, a.k.a JR, the leader of Nu'est...

"Are you okay?" JR asked again, his eyes full of worry. The moment Soomin saw him, she quickly acted, kicking him off and standing on her feet. She stood in a defensive way, her fists in front of her, ready to fight anytime. JR fell and just looked at her, seemingly shocked by her actions. 

"What do you want?!" Soomin cried. 

"Woah, chill! I'm not here for anything wrong!" JR said as he stood up. "Look, I'm not here to do anything wrong! You were nearly hit by a car and I saved you!"

"Jinjja?" she asked as she retreated her fists and rubbed her neck. "W-well then, thanks, but that isn't changing the way I see you and your filthy group!"

JR simply smiled and noticed Soomin's bruises. "Did they actually beat you up?" he worriedly asked.

"Yeah, so..?" Soomin scowled.

"I'm terribly sorry for what my group has done to you." JR said. "I myself really don't know why they would come up to this, and this is too much. In behalf of them, I'm asking forgiveness."

Soomin was actually surprised on JR's actions. He was so different from Baekho, Aron, Minhyun and Ren. She never actually saw him making fun of her, Key, Taemin or Sulli. But being a part of Nu'est made her hate JR as well as she thinks that they are all the same. If he wasn't in that damn group, maybe JR and her would get along. "What's with you, suddenly saying sorry?" Soomin asked as she crossed her arms.

"My group mates beat you up into a pulp with some pathetic reason, and it's unacceptable. Being the group leader, I am responsible for their actions." JR replied.

"Yeah, about that, they told me that you weren't there to join them 'cause you were busy."

"I lied, that's actually not the real reason."

"Mwo?"

"I didn't come along because I know that beating a boy just for fun is childish. Plus, it's wrong..."

Soomin was slightly moved by his words. He really is different from the others. But still, his honest words weren't enough to make her change the way she saw him. He is still a Nu'est member, and their leader! Without hesitation, JR walked near her. "You seem weak, would you like me to accompany you home?"

"No." 

"But, you-"

"I said no, arraseo? I'm not walking along with someone like you! Get away from me!" Soomin cried as she ran away. JR was left looking at her as she vanished in the crowd. He just sighed before turning around and heading back to his home.