Wounds

Opposites

The next day came and as usual, Soomin really didn't want to attend classes, but for the sake of having a great future, she had to. Doing her usual morning routines and walking to school, nothing new happened. She knew how exactly her day is going to go. Nothing happened that interested her actually, well, aside from hanging around with Key and Taemin, and sometimes, with Sulli too.

"Good morning, Sulli!" Soomin greeted as she came across Sulli, who as usual, was carrying lots of books. Some even fell, thus, she tried helping her with them.

"Oh, Soomin-ah, good morning!" Sulli smiled as she saw her. "You're quite early today, I see?"

"Nae, doesn't happen often, does it?" Soomin laughed.

"Are you in a better mood this time?"

"Mwo? I was good yesterday..."

"Yah, you didn't laugh nor smile the whole day! At least that's what Key-oppa said."

"Psh, I was all good yesterday, I just didn't feel like smiling nor laughing, that's all..."

"Jinjja?"

"Nae."

"Okay then, have a good day, hwaiting!"

"Gomawo, you too~!"

With the two parting ways, Soomin faced her day, trying to be brighter than yesterday. As she entered the school building, she was quickly greeted by eyes. Of course, she simply ignored this and kept on walking. Soon, she saw Key, who was waving his hand at her. "Good morning, Soominnie~" Key greeted, calling the young girl by her nickname.

"Good morning to you too, Key-hyung." Soomin smiled. 

"You're quite early today!"

"Yeah, even Sulli noticed that..."

"Told you! All you needed was to sleep earlier!" Key giggled.

"Whatever, has Taemin arrived yet?"

"Nope. He hasn't yet."

"I see..."

While the two were chatting, Taemin finally arrived. Key saw him first and told Soomin, who turned around to see him. She was about to greet him and run towards the blonde, but to their surprise, Taemin had some wounds and bruises on his body. It was visible that he has a split on his lower lip, and a few scratches on his arms.

"Yah! What in the world happened to you?!" Key cried as he ran towards Taemin. "Aigoo, who did this to you?!"

"Appayo..." Taemin winced as Key touched his bruised arm. Hearing Taemin's words quickly made Key retreat his hands. 

"What happened to you?" Soomin worriedly asked. "Why're you all bruised up? Yah..."

Taemin refused to answer, instead, faked a smile. "It's nothing, guys, don't worry."

"Nothing!? You're wounded and bruised and you say we don't need to worry?!" Key cried. "IT'S SOMETHING TO BE WORRIED ABOUT FOR GOODNESS' SAKE LEE TAEMIN!!!"

"Aish, calm down, hyung." Soomin sighed. "Look, tell us what happened, please?"

"It's nothing that serious, really..." Taemin smiled.

"Yah, Lee Taemin, we've been friends as long as we can remember! We told each other about our problems and kept no secret! Why can't you tell us what happened to you?" Soomin asked as she crossed her arms.

"Arraseo, arraseo, I'll tell." Taemin sighed. "I was beat up last night."

"BEAT UP?!" Key and Soomin exclaimed together in shock. The two were extremely shocked because both knew that Taemin has no enemies. He doesn't do anything bad that would lead him to getting beat up! The reason seemed to be very impossible!

"W-why? And by who?" Soomin asked.

Taemin kept quiet again and lowered his head, trying to ignore her question. Seeing the boy's gestures, Soomin and Key had the same idea who beat him, and why. They felt sure that the ones who beat him was them... and that's what they feared.

"Taemin, please, don't tell me it was them." Soomin said. Taemin simply avoided her eyes again and the question and kept quiet. Though Taemin didn't reply, she knew that her guess was correct.

Nu'est did this to Taemin

"They're really taking things far..." Key scowled as he looked at Soomin. Though Soomin wore an emotionless face, deep inside, she was burning with anger. Her hands had curled up into a fist, ready to punch anytime. 

"Soomin..." Taemin mumbled as he placed his hand over her shoulder. "Please..."

"I'm sorry, but I can't, Taemin." Soomin sighed as she held Taemin's hands. "I'm going to take revenge no matter what. I promise that." 

"That's right." Key nodded. "Me and Soomin are-"

"No, hyung, only me." 

"Mwo?! Y-you can't possibly do it alone! You're a gi-"

"I can, hyung." Soomin insisted as she covered Key's mouth, cutting his speech. Her eyes showed confidence and will, along with her anger. Key had no choice but to nod and let Soomin do what she wanted to. 

"Arraseo, but be careful, okay?"

"Arraseo, hyung." 

The bell rang and everyone walked to their respective classrooms. Taemin and Soomin walked together to their class and Key to his. To their confusion, there were no signs of Nu'est anywhere. This made the three wonder and keep their guards up. After what happened to Taemin, they know that things don't end here. It's either they are going for Key or Soomin next. 

Hours passed and it was lunch time. Soomin was uneasy, looking around from now and then. She was worried that Key might be next or Taemin might get hurt again. She can't allow that her friends get hurt because of her. Why must they get included when all they wanted was her? The real target was her? Was it because they were dear to her and hurting them would hurt her more? It was unacceptable... very unacceptable

"Soomin, calm down, nothing's happening to me or Taemin." Key said, patting the younger's back.

"We're not sure of that, hyung!" Soomin said. "Anytime and anywhere, those bastards might beat you next, or worse, hurt Taemin more!"

"Relax, nothing will happen, arraseo?" Taemin smiled.

"But-"

"No but's, it'll be okay!"

"Arraseo, arraseo..."

While walking, finally, the three came across with Nu'est. Upon seeing them, Soomin was filled with rage and without hesitation, she charged them. Of course, she headed for the member she hated the most, Ren. Not acting like a girl she is, she grabbed Ren's blazer and began shaking him like crazy, placing a few punches. Some landed on him, and the others were easily blocked by Ren himself. Seeing Soomin's sudden movements.

"SOOMIN!!!" Key and Taemin cried as they tried pulling Soomin away from Ren.

"Yah, punk, let go!" Aron cried as he and the other Nu'est members tried separating the two. Soomin's grip didn't even loosen a bit, nor did Ren's grip on her blazer. The two were exchanging glares and attacks. Thanks to Soomin's swiftness, a few punches only landed on her. Ren was the same as Soomin's punches were easily dodged by him.

"Hajima, Soomin!" Taemin cried.

"REN! QUIT IT!" JR commanded.

The two ignored them and continued fighting. "How dare you and that damn group of yours beat up Taemin?! He is innocent and has nothing to do with this!" Soomin cried.

"Well, maybe you should think twice of going head to head with us, Choi Soomin!" Ren hissed.

"Look, you leave my friends alone! Never. Hurt. My. Friends!"

"Psh, if you don't want them getting hurt, then  fight us straight!"

"Then I will! Just stay away from my friends and don't you dare get near them ever again!"

"Deal. Let's settle this after school, agreed?"

"I'll see you then, Choi Minki."

With that, the two released their grips from one another, Ren slightly pushing Soomin back. Key and Taemin luckily caught her before she fell while Ren was pulled back by his group mates. "We'll see you then, Choi Soomin." Ren smirked as he fixed his blazer. JR looked at Ren and ordered everyone to go. Being the leader, everyone obeyed and went off, leaving the three.

"Yah, what's gotten into you, Soomin?!" Key cried as he supported the young girl stand up. "Why'd you suddenly charge on Ren?! Do you know what you have just done?!"

"Don't worry, we're settling this later at dismissal." Soomin answered as she fixed her blazer.

"What are you up to?" Taemin asked. "Please don't tell me that you are finally facing them?"

"That's what I'm gonna do. I'm ending this nonsense." 

"CHOI SOOMIN, ARE YOU INSANE?!" Key bursted as his eyes widened. 

"Are you serious? You are aware that you stand no chance against them, aren't you?" Taemin worriedly reminded.

"I've got no choice, I want this to end."

"Fine, we're helping!"

"Ani, it's my fight so I'm the only one fighting, arraseo?"

"But Soomin-"

"Trust me, I can do this. I might be a girl, but I know I can do this. You guys know what my will makes me do, right?"

"Even still..."

"Taemin, trust me. I can, can, CAN do this. I believe in my self, and you told me once that you believe in me, right?"

"We did say that..."

"Now, do that, arraseo?"

"Arraseo." Taemin sadly nodded. Key agreed too, since there wasn't much of a choice. Soomin reassured a smile as she stood up and ruffled both guys' hair. That made them at least feel a little less worried. She had made a decision, and as everyone knows, nothing can stop her once she has made it in her mind. 

==============================================================================================

The time finally came. The bells rang, announcing that it was already dismissal. Usually, the three would feel grateful whenever the bells rang, but this time, they felt scared and nervous. As soon as they step out of the room, they know what Soomin will face. Soomin was prepared for whatever she might face. Punches, kicks, mocks, the shame, she was ready. It was all for the sake of her friends not getting hurt, and to end all these nonsense. 

As soon as they walked out of the building, there were no signs of Nu'est. "Where are they?" Taemin wondered as he saw the absence of the five boys. Well, they felt relieved for the moment, until an unfamiliar guy walked towards them, handing them a letter.

"Um... N-Nu'est wants to give this to you, Choi Soomin." he said before running off. It confused the three and wasted no time opening the red envelope. Inside was a white paper with the words written.

"          I see that you've received our letter, Choi Soomin. As you can see, we've decided to move the meeting place somewhere else. There's a map behind this letter, please follow it. Oh, and if you want to bring your beloved friends along, we actually don't mind. It'd be better for them to see how you'll fall. Please come quickly, the whole Nu'est is getting impatient. We'll be waiting, Choi Soomin~
                                                                                                                                                                                                     -Nu'est-"

"What are those bastards up to this time?" Key mumbled as he finished reading the letter.

"I don't know, but something not good, I'm sure of that." Taemin said.

"Then I'm going whatever happens." Soomin said as she turned the letter around. There was a map and wasting no time, she parted with Taemin and Key. She has no idea what will happen, but for the sake of ending all of this, she needs to just trust her guts and face them bravely.