Prince

Opposites

Weeks passed. Ren easily recovered from his high fever within one day, and after that day Soomin decided to stay at their place until night and only went home when Ren forced her to do so. Because of that too, the twins can now talk and act normally towards each other, and would rarely communicate through texts, except if it has something with their secrets.

For some reason, the twins have been keeping their secret for weeks and it's been nearly two months already that no one suspects a thing! Well, thank great acting skills... As what Soomin promised, she and Taemin were now okay, the awkwardness was gone and their "skinship level" returned to normal, and so did JR returned to the way he was towards Taemin and Soomin.

So, it was Friday and as what they had gotten used to, they planned to take a little stroll around. "So, where to this time? Lotte World?" Aron suggested.

"Again? We've been there the other week!" Key pouted. "Let's go somewhere else."

"I've got nothing." Baekho sighed as he tried thinking deeper. "All I could think of is staying home!"

"Haunted house?" Minhyun suggested as he gave an evil smirk.

"YAH!" Key cried as he pushed Minhyun lightly, making him chuckle. Well, everyone knows how Key hates horror stuff, especially haunted houses! Horror movies, ghost stories, haunted houses, they'll make Key faint in one second!

"Calm down, I'm joking!" Minhyun laughed.

"NOT FUNNY!" Key pouted.

"I don't feel like going anywhere." Soomin sighed. "A little stroll around will be okay, even if we aren't actually going anywhere."

"Boo, that's boring." Baekho commented.

"I don't know, it seems okay." JR said with a smile.

Seeing that JR agreed with Soomin, Taemin had no choice but to agree, well, he can't let someone who also likes Soomin go alone with her, right? "I agree with Soomin." Taemin said.

"So do I." Ren nodded. Well, he was Soomin's twin, right? And they promised to stay beside each other, so he had to go.

"So, three agrees with Soomin, huh?" Baekho mumbled. "How about we split ourselves based on where we wanna go, sounds good?"

"I completely agree with Baekho." Minhyun smiled.

"So, it's settled then!" Aron stated out. "First team are Soomin, JR, Ren and Taemin. Then, the second are me, Baekho, Minhyun and Key."

"Does everybody agree?" Soomin asked.

"How about Sulli?" Key asked.

"Our team." Minhyun quickly answered.

Everyone agreed on what Aron said, and as soon as school ends, the two teams parted to go to their own places. "Now, Taemin, you take care of Soomin, arraseo?" Key reminded.

"Nae, hyung." Taemin smiled.

"Okay, see you later!" 

=========================================================================================

"So, where to now?" Soomin asked as she beamed at the boys.

"Well, you said that we'll only take light strolls, right?" JR reminded.

"Aish, and you believed me?" Soomin softly chuckled. "Babo."

"Yah, what did you call me?" JR softly laughed.

"Nevermind."

The four then, later, decided to stop by at Taemin's place, well, since JR and Ren haven't been there yet. Well, Taemin and Soomin led the way and to their surprise, his residence seemed rather peaceful. Taemin isn't that wealthy neither, but his parents luckily bought a really nice and spacy house for a really low price. 

Upon arriving, he heard a scream from the door. "Yah! Bwoya?!" Ren cried as he jumped in shock.

"Aish, not again..." Taemin sighed as he face-palmed his self and hurried to open the door. As expected, the scream was owned by no other than his older brother, Lee Taesun.

"HYUNG! BWOYA?!" Taemin cried in annoyance as he heard his brother's ear-splitting screech.

"Taemin? What are you doing so early?" Taesun cried as he saw his younger brother. Then, he turned to the visitors his brother brought. "Who are they?"

"Friends from school." Taemin answered.

"Oh, Soomin, you're here too?" 

"Nae. Nice seeing you again, Taesun-hyung." Soomin smiled as she raised her voice on the "hyung" part, signaling him that one of them doesn't know she is a girl. Taesun quickly saw this and understood the young girl.

"Jinjja? Friends? That's not like you." Taesun teased.

"Aish, shut up." Taemin smirked. "And why are you watching horror again?"

"I... erm..."

"YOU ARE FREAKING AFRAID OF HORROR AND YET YOU STILL WATCH IT?! DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA ON HOW ANNOYING YOUR GOD-DAMN SCREECH IS?!" Taemin bursted as he shook his brother crazily. The three just watched as the two began their petty argument. Of course, the way Taemin acted, Soomin and the rest laughed.

"MIANHE!!! LET ME GO!!!" Taesun cried.

"Aish, turn that off. Now." 

"Aniyo."

"Hyung!"

"Mwo?!"

"Turn. It. Off."

"No."

"YAH!"

"Don't 'yah!' me! Respect your god damn hyung!" 

"Aish, fine! Don't you even dare sleep in my room tonight because of that movie, arraseo?"

"I'm not a coward like Key you know!"

"Just turn it off!"

"Aniyo!"

The twins were laughing uncontrollably as they watched Taemin and Taesun. "Are they always like this?" Ren whispered to Soomin.

"Nope. Sometimes, they get physical." Soomin answered, a smile carving her face.

"How on earth can you say that with a smile?!" 

"What? It is funny. The younger brother always wins."

"Even though..."

Soon, the Lee brothers ended their petty quarrel and Taemin served his visitors with some tea and snacks. When everyone has gotten comfortable, Taemin began talking for everyone, discussing random ideas and stuff. The whole building was filled with nothing but their voices and laughter.

Soon, Taemin showed his place to JR and Ren. As soon as they arrived inside his room, JR noticed something.

A rather special-looking picture.

"Taemin-ah, is this you?" JR asked.

"Hm? Ah, nae." Taemin nodded. "Me, Key, Sulli, Taesun-hyung and..."

Upon pointing at the the last person in the picture, who was little petite Soomin, Taemin was lost with words. He can't possibly reveal who she was! "Who's this girl?" JR asked.

"Erm... that's... a classmate of mine!" Taemin lied. "Yeah, a classmate I'm really close to! S-she's back at Daegu still now... that's why."

"She looks pretty." JR smiled. "And rather familiar..."

Soomin and Ren gulped. When Soomin and Ren attended a party last time, JR saw her "girl" side, but didn't actually noticed her. If she were to look as a girl again, there weren't much changes from now and then. "Ren, doesn't she look like the girl you and I met last time?" JR asked as he showed Ren the picture.

Taemin's eyes grew wide and sent a look at Soomin. Soomin just shrugged, pretending not to know anything. "It's your imagination, she doesn't look like her." Ren lied as he shook his head.

"Jinjja? Maybe it is my imagination." JR said as he saw another person in the picture, beside little Soomin. "How about him? Who is he?"

Taemin looked closer and frowned. "Oh... he's that girl's twin." Taemin frowned. 

"Twin?"

"Nae. If I remember, his name is Choi Minki." Taemin said as he turned to Ren. "Funny how Ren and him have the same name, right?"

"Jinjja? Choi Minki? Cool." JR smiled.

Ren took a closer look. Well, it did look like him, but he can't remember much. He looks really cute in the picture and he had to admit it to himself. He beamed at Soomin, who was brightly smiling. He sent a smile back, another memory gained. He walked back at Soomin, and saw a specialized picture frame. "Taemin, what's this?" he asked and picked the picture frame up.

"Oh, that's me and... erm, the girl in the previous picture." Taemin smiled. 

"You did the picture frame?" Ren asked again. "I don't think I saw a frame like this one."

"Nae. I did it myself when I was thirteen. Amazing, isn't it?"

"Nae."

The picture showed little Taemin and little Soomin. Above the frame had the words "Prince and Princess" carved. Taemin had carved the words himself, and designed the frame. Soomin saw the picture already once when she was thirteen as well. She really liked it, and Taemin even tried giving it to her, but she denied it, saying that if he gave it away, it'd be a waste. Taemin did so and is now one of his most prized possessions. 

After a while, the four stayed inside Taemin's room, chatting and looking at his things, especially his specialized picture frames. Ren even joked to make him one, which Taemin agreed to do so. Ren and Soomin saw lots of pictures of them as children, thus, lots of memories flowed back to Ren.

"Wait, I don't seem to see any pictures of Soomin around here, aren't you childhood friends?" JR asked.

"Well... erm..." Taemin faltered. Well, JR actually saw all pictures of Soomin, except he didn't knew that Soomin is actually a girl, so he was looking forward to seeing a "male" Soomin.  "All the other pictures are.... hidden by umma."

"Eh? Waeyo?"

"Too much photos..."

After all the chatting here and there, the four found themselves talking about their childhood for some reason. JR was revealed to be the haven't changed. Well, yes, he was a bully before Soomin ever came, and that she changed him for some reason. 

"So, Soomin and Ren both lost their twin, huh?" JR mumbled as he beamed at the two. "What a coincidence."

"Just think if you two are twins." Taemin joked, making the two freeze. At first, they thought that Taemin actually knew their secret, but to their relief, he doesn't.

Soon, after realizing that it was getting dark, JR and Ren began heading home, and since Soomin's place is quite near to Taemin's, she decided to stay. When the two were gone, Soomin turned to Taemin, a smile curling up her face. "You really treasure this, huh?" she smiled as she grabbed the picture of her and him.

"Of course I do." Taemin smiled. "I'm your prince, remember?"

"Psh, yeah right." Soomin smiled.

=========================================================================================

"Mwo? Minki's taken away?" little ten year old Taemin cried in shock upon hearing the news from his older brother, Taesun.

"Nae. I heard umma talking with Soomin's umma, and that's what they were talking about." Taesun sadly nodded. 

"How about Soomin?"

"She's still crying, and her umma told umma that she was crying for solid two days!"

"Does Key-hyung and Sulli know about this?"

"Nae. They are heading at their house later, you should go too."

"Nae! I'll be home before six, tell that to umma!"

"Arraseo, be careful on your way."

Taemin quickly ran to Soomin's residence, his legs carrying him as fast as they can. Upon running there, he saw young Key and young Sulli had arrived first. He was panicking, they all knew how Soomin was close to her twin, and being separated from him is actually painful. "Hyung!" Taemin called out as he ran towards Key and Sulli, panting.

"You arrived in time." Key said. "Kajja, let's see Soomin."

"Nae."

The three entered the house, sobs being heard. They quietly approached Soomin's room. To their surprise, the room was a complete mess! Torn papers were everywhere, pillows were here and there, the bed was untidy. It was a total mess. Her room looked so dirty. Finally, their eyes spot a small figure near the bed, a small girl who is hugging her knees and busy sobbing. "Soomin-ah." Sulli softly called, making her raise her head. 

"W-what are you doing here?" Soomin asked in between her tears.

"We came to see you, what else." Key answered as he knelt beside the young girl. "We heard about what happened, we're really sorry."

"Why would they separate me from Minki? Were we bad, oppa?"

"Definitely not! You two are like angels!" Key cried as he pulled Soomin for a hug. "There, there, everything will be okay. Stop crying."

Soomin sobbed more as Key pulled her for a hug. Sulli knelt beside her, patting her back. Taemin, whose eyes showed great worry, just stood there, dumbfounded. The way Soomin is, it pained him. "Soomin-ah..." he mumbled.

"Soomin, it's okay. We're still here, we'll take care of you in behalf of Minki." Sulli smiled.

"Ani, it's not the same." Soomin mumbled. "It's different when it's Minki... I want Minki! I want my Minki back!"

"We can't, Soomin. He's taken away." Key explained.

"I want him back..."

There, an idea popped in Taemin's head as he walked towards the sobbing young girl. "Does your majesty want her brother back?" Taemin asked. 

"Stop calling me that." Soomin weeped. "I'm no princess anymore."

"Sure you are!" Taemin smiled.

"No. What's the use of being a princess if my prince is gone?"

"Then... I'll be the prince!" Taemin announced, shocking the three. "I'll be Soomin's prince from now on, in behalf of Minki, sounds good?"

"You? Prince?" Soomin asked.

"Nae! You'll be the princess and I'll be the prince! I'll protect and take care of you just like Minki does, promise!"

"Jinjja?"

"Nae!"

"You won't leave me?"

"Never!"

Upon hearing Taemin's words, she managed to smile, relieving Key, Sulli and Taemin. The two cuddled as Soomin weeped more under Taemin's hug. That very day, he promised her to protect her.

He will be her prince, he will protect her, he will be responsible for her.

She's his princess... 

And he promised.

Never again...

Is Soomin crying...

Ever again...