Out Goes The Secret

Opposites

"JR?!" the twins cried upon seeing no other than Nu'est's leader, JR, in front of them. They weren't able to act quick and were frozen upon seeing him. JR quickly saw that the two's hands were linked and gasped in shock.

"Wh-what are you doing here?!" Soomin cried.

"I'm the one who should ask you the first thing!" JR cried back. "And why're your hands linked? Are you two dating?"

"ANIYO!" the twins cried together.

"Right, sorry, two boys can't date, sorry." JR nervously laughed. "So, what're you two doing here?"

"This is my hometown." Soomin answered. "I just visited my parents."

"And you?" JR asked as he turned around to Ren.

"I... accompanied her." Ren lied. "And how about you?"

"I accompanied my dad's friend here, he doesn't know much about Daegu." 

"Right..."

"So, where are you two heading now?"

"Back home?"

"Jinjja? Can I come along? I'm wandering aimlessly for hours!"

Ren gave Soomin a nervous look but he was too late as Soomin agreed. The three then headed to the twin's residence, just to be welcomed by their mother. "Ah, Soomin-ah! Minki-ah! You're back so soon!" Mrs. Choi smiled as she saw her children return. Upon seeing JR, her eyes showed curiousness. "Who's this guy along with you?"

"Ah, let me introduce him, umma." Soomin said. "He's Kim Jonghyun, a.k.a JR."

"JR? Didn't you say something about a guy with the same nickname as him, dear?" Mrs. Choi asked as her eyes turned to Ren. "He's the leader of the group you're in, right? Nu'est was it?"

"Annyeong hasseyo, it's nice to meet you ma'am." JR politely greeted.

"It's the same with me, dear. Thank you for watching out for my son and daughter." Mrs. Choi smiled.

"Mwo? Son? Daughter?" JR blinked. Soomin and Ren turned to their mother and face palmed themselves. 

Their mother slipped...

"UMMA!" the twins cried, shocking Mrs. Choi. 

JR turned to the twins, his eyes showing suspicion. Sensing this, Mrs. Choi quickly ran back in the house. "Okay, I bet you two are hiding something." JR said in a serious tone. "Why did Mrs. Choi call you, Ren, her son and Soomin as her daughter?"

Soomin and Ren were lost with words. They didn't know where to begin. Their secret was out, and they can't possible deny it, now that JR heard it and it came from their own mother! The look in JR's eyes were simply scary that the twins didn't have the courage to look at him straight in his eyes. "Uh... well..." they faltered.

"Speak. Now." JR demanded.

"Arraseo! Arraseo! Calm down!" Soomin cried. "Okay, it's true, me and Ren are twins, happy?"

"Not only that. Is it true? Is it ture that you, Choi Soomin, is a girl?"

Soomin nodded her head as she tightened her grip on Ren's hand. She and him were too scared to look directly at JR's eyes. It was as if they were alive... "How long did you know about this, Ren?" JR asked.

"A long time... a very long time." Ren softly replied.

JR wasn't able to do anything but take a deep breath. Something in him was preventing him from getting angry at the twins. He somewhat understood the reason why the twins kept it. He knew how Soomin wanted to attend the academy, and maybe that was the reason she concealed her identity. But them being twins? Why did they have to keep it?

"Why didn't you tell me that Soomin was your twin?" JR asked as his eyes turned to look at Ren.

"I didn't want to." Ren quickly answered, his head lowered.

There, he was just about to scold the twins, until he realized one certain fact.

Soomin is a girl! 

He realized that he wasn't in love with some boy, he was in love with a girl! He wasn't gay and he never was! The real reason on why he felt something towards a guy looking person was because that person is a girl! He was right all along. JR knew that he won't have this crush on a fellow male! His heart will only beat for a girl, and no matter how much she conceals her identity, he can somewhat sense that one is a girl.

"Thank goodness, I am straight." JR murmured, enough for the twins not to hear. "I thought my feelings were lying..."

"Mwo?" the twins asked.

"N-nothing." JR nervously exclaimed.

==============================================================================================

Soon, the three were invited by JR himself to a restaurant his father's friend runs. Of course, it was his treat and there, they settled the issue. Ren and Soomin began explaining things, on why Ren wasn't able to say that they are twins and more. JR quickly understood this, his anger even vanishing quickly!

JR quickly understood the reason. After the twins explained, JR set his eyes on Soomin. "So, you are really a girl, eh?" JR asked.

"Nae." Soomin nodded.

"Then my feelings weren't really lying!" JR happily said.

"Mwo?" Ren blinked along with Soomin.

"Oh, nevermind." JR nervously smiled.

"No way! You said it! Spit it out, palli!" Ren demanded.

"Arraseo, I like Soomin, alright? And I lied, I really never saw her more than a brother... or sister... I don't know."

"So you seriously like me?!" Soomin cried.

"Nae."

Soomin froze on her place. At first, she actually believed JR that he likes her as a brother, but it was a lie! He really likes her! She was only able to act normally around him because of that thought, and now that he had admitted that he feels more than treating her as a sibling, how is she supposed to act normally again?!

"Oh no..." Soomin mumbled as she gulped. "Okay! Let's go home, Ren!"

"Eh? Now?" Ren blinked as he felt Soomin tug him by his arm. But Soomin ignored his words and quickly ran off, leaving JR partly clueless.

==============================================================================================

Upon arriving at their residence and finally finished dressing up, Soomin and Ren prepared for bed. The lights were turned off and the twins, since it was their first time sleeping together in one bed, they had their backs each other.

"Aigoo... this is awkward." Ren mumbled.

"Just deal with it." Soomin whispered.

"Arraseo. Good night."

"Good night."

After saying good night to one another, the twins remained awake. Soomin continuously rolled over and over, making Ren move forward. Roll, move, roll, move...

BAM!

"Yah!" Ren cried as he fell flat on the floor.

"Mianhe~" Soomin giggled as she saw Ren on the floor. 

"Aish, move it!" 

"Shiroyo~"

"What? Am I sleeping on the floor now?!"

"Nae."

"Yah! Soomin!"

"Shiroyo~"

Ren began to tickle Soomin, hoping that his twin will make, but it only made Soomin laugh out loud, squirming. "H-Hajima! Yah! Ren! Hajima!" she cried as she laughed loud.

"Move!"

"Shiroyo!"

"Okay then!" Ren laughed as he continued tickling.

"Hajima!!!'

"Yah! Minki-ah! Soomin-ah! Keep it down!" Mr. Choi cried out. Upon hearing their father, Ren crawled back in bed and the twins covered their heads with the blanket.

"Mianhe appa!" the twins giggled as they finally fell asleep.