Choi Soomin

Opposites

 

RING!!!

"Wha-?! What in the world?!" the voice cried in shock. A figure jolted from the blankets. The owner of the voice was that figure. It had short black hair and very loose clothes. The voice was owned by a young boy... or is it?

The owner of the voice is a 17 year old young girl named Choi Soomin. That's right, a young girl. Despite her boyish hair cut and shaggy clothes, Soomin. Is. A. Girl. She wobbled down her bed, heading to the kitchen to eat breakfast.

Soomin quickly got a bowl, her box of cereals and milk. She lives in an apartment she rented months ago when she arrived here in Seoul. Why? Well first, her family lives in Daegu and she had to move in Seoul so she can study in her "dream" school. Because of bad luck following her, that "dream" school she dreamed to study in had no more slots for her. That was the bad news.

Luckily, there was still good news. There was another school that teaches exactly like her "dream" school. But, there was a twist as it's an all boys' school! Well, like what they say, when you are really willing to do something, nothing should stand in your way, right? Soomin had no choice but to disguise as a man, even sacrificing her once long, silky hair. She had to give up wearing fashionable girl clothes and replace them with male clothes. 

Well, it was the sake for her studies, wasn't it? But the problems didn't end there. Wait 'till she knew that behind the school's great facilities and great education lies the sad truth that the very same school is filled with bullies! On top of them is a five-membered group called Nu'est. They might appear handsome, but never let the looks fool you. Those five guys are hardcore bullies and heart breakers. Since that all boys school is quite close to Soomin's "dream" school, which is an all girls school, many girls had confessed their feelings to Nu'est. Those boys easily broke their hearts and seemed to enjoy making them cry! As a girl herself, it is completely unacceptable. That was the start when she hated Nu'est.

After taking her breakfast, Soomin prepared to take a shower. Afterwards, she quickly dressed up in her school uniform. White shirt, tie, black trousers and blazer, it suited her well. She never knew that boys' uniforms were really comfortable! She fixed her hair before finally grabbing her bag and running off.

==============================================================================================

Soomin's school is actually really near to her "dream" school. Whenever she passes there, her eyes would always be glued to it. "Aish, if only there were more slots..." she mumbled as she walked. Not looking to where she is going, Soomin came across a familiar looking girl.

"Ah, mianhe." Soomin cried as she picked up the fallen books. To her surprise, the girl she bumped to was no other than Choi Jinri, also known by the nickname Sulli. "Sulli?"

"Oh, good morning, Soomin!" she giggled as she stood up and got her books. 

"Good morning, sorry if I bumped you." Soomin giggled. "I see you're rushing for classes?"

"Nae, you better do too, it's almost time!"

"Aigoo... another hellish day...."

"You can do it, Soomin!" Sulli smiled as she patted her shoulder. "See you around, HWAITING!"

"Nae, gomawo." 

With that, they parted ways. Soomin dashed to her school. Any minute now, the bell will ring. Luckily, the moment she took a turn around the front gate, the bell rang at the exact time. "Phew, I wasn't late!" Soomin sighed as she walked. Inside, the school appeared really different. It looked classy and very luxurious, but since Soomin was attending that school for 3 months, she had gotten used to it. She walked the boy-filled corridor and felt that some were staring at her. Well, that can't be helped for an ulzzang like her. She had the looks and everyone claimed that he is one of the best looking guys around the school. Girls had even confessed to her, and since she doesn't know how to react, she just ran off, making others misunderstand that he was easily flattered and shy. Soomin is the exact opposite of what they think.

While walking, arms wrapped around her, making her jump a bit. She saw strands of blonde hair, giving her ideas who was hugging her. "Yah, Lee Taemin, get your arms off me this instant." she commanded.

Of course, Taemin quickly obeyed and showed her a smile. "Aigoo, someone's grumpy!" Taemin teased before ruffling her hair. "Good morning!"

"Yah, I just fixed my hair!" Soomin sighed as she swatted Taemin's hand away. "Other than that, good morning. Shall we walk together to class?"

"Nae~" Taemin nodded as he hugged her. "Gomawo!"

"Aish, arraseo, arraseo, please let go of me, Taemin!"

While Taemin and Soomin walked to their classroom, another taller figure popped out of no where, and to Soomin, it was someone she needed this time! "Good morning, Soominnie, Taeminnie!" Kim Kibum, a.k.a. Key, greeted as he waved at the two.

"Good morning to, Key-hyung." Soomin smiled as she waved at him. "Thank goodness that you're here! Mind helping me with this baby Taemin?"

"Aigoo, let him be, he's just really clingy with you." Key laughed. "Quickly now, go to class."

"Nae." Taemin and Soomin nodded. As soon as they were about to go to classes, they saw them

"Aish, they're here again..." Taemin mumbled as he glared at the five approaching boys. 

"Not again." Key sighed.

The boys quickly ran away, if not, stood still, trying to avoid eye contact with the approaching boys. They were no other than their academy's worst bullies...

...Nu'est...