Chapter 29: I Regret Everything

Confusing Love

It’s been a few weeks since you all have been living in America. Your parents lived with your relatives of course, and you lived in an apartment next to the company building. You all agreed that if you pitch in for the apartment then you all would live in it. You and Seungkwan had been very busy lately, so that left Mingyu alone in the apartment. You haven’t been spending time with him lately.
_________________

You and Seungkwan were in the company’s studio practicing for the debut. The debut was in a couple weeks.

“You keep getting the pitch wrong!” Seungkwan yelled.

“I’m sorry! No need to yell.” You said back.

“Sorry. It’s just that the debut is in a few weeks and I don’t want to mess up.” Seungkwan calmed.

“Don’t worry. We have a lot of time to prepare.” You said.

“I just want everything to be perfect.” Seungkwan said.

“I know everything will be perfect because you are a good singer ok? Now I’m going back to the apartment.” You said and packed your stuff.

“But Cho wants us to practice until its night.” Seungkwan said.

“He’s making us over practice. And I don’t care if he yells at me. I just need to stop practicing and take a break because we never got a break ever since we came here.” You said and walked out.

“Cho might yell at you!” Seungkwan yelled through the door.

“I don’t care.” You muttered.

You walked out and went to the apartment and entered. When you entered Mingyu was just sitting on the couch watching TV.

“HEY!” You yelled and dropped your stuff on the floor and sat next to him.

“Oh hey! Aren’t you supposed to be practicing right now?” Mingyu asked.

“Eh I bailed. I don’t care if Cho yells at me; I just want to spend time with you for at least 5 minutes. It’s been long since we haven’t spent any time with each other. I miss you.” You said.
“I feel the same way. I’m just glad that I could spend time with you, even if it’s for five minutes.” Mingyu said and put his arm around you and you both started watching T.V.

You and Mingyu were just watching T.V and then your phone rang out of nowhere scaring you and Mingyu. You got your phone and answered.

“Hello?” You answered.

“MINAH WHERE ARE YOU? YOU BETTER GET YOUR BACK HERE BEFORE I COME OVER THERE AND-“

You hung up cutting off Cho’s sentence.

“Sorry. I have to go.” You said and got your stuff and walked out.

“When is she going to spend time with me?” Mingyu said to himself and sighed.

You went back inside the studio where Cho was waiting with Seungkwan.

“There you are Minah! You are supposed to be practicing.” Cho said.

“But I don’t want to practice. Can’t I just take a break for the whole day?” You asked.

“No! You need to keep practicing! There’s no time to just play around. You need to practice and practice until the big day is here.” Cho said.

“Bu-But-“

“I don’t want any excuses. All I want is for both of you to practice. Now practice! And when I come back I better see both of you this time.” Cho said and exited.

“Thanks a lot for busting me.” You said to Seungkwan.

“I didn’t bust you! I actually tried to cover for you but then he decided to call.” Seungkwan said.

“Eh whatever. Let’s just keep practicing.” You said and got on the piano.
__________________

Next Day…

You actually had practice today but you decided to stay at the apartment with Mingyu again, watching T.V with him.

“Hey Minah. Can I talk to you about something…” Mingyu was getting serious.

“What is it?” You asked.

“It’s just-“

Your phone call cut off Mingyu’s sentence. You looked at the caller I.D and it was Cho.

“Can I go-“

“Yea go ahead.” Mingyu said.

You got up from the couch and ran to the company building.

“I’m here!” You yelled as you got into the studio.

“What did I tell you yesterday? I want you to practice.” Cho said.

“But I just wanted time with my boyfriend! I haven’t had any time with him since we moved here. All you’ve been making me do is practice from morning to night and I need a break.” You said.

“I understand, but we want you to practice so everything can be perfect. Now I just want you and Seungkwan to practice right now, and I’ll let you guys go early.” Cho said and walked away.

After Cho exited, Mingyu came in.

“Oh Mingyu!” You said excitedly and hugged him.

“Hey Minah, can I talk to you?” Mingyu asked.

“Um sure.” You said and you both walked out.

“I’m kind of having thoughts of moving back to Korea…” Mingyu said.

“What?! Why?!” You asked shockingly.

“Because, you haven’t spent any time with me since we moved here. And I moved out here just so we could be together, but it looks like it’s not happening.” Mingyu said.

“I’m sorry! It’s not my fault. It’s Cho’s fault. I just have been very busy lately.” You said.

“I know, but what about us?” Mingyu asked.

“I know, it’s not my fault. I feel like you are blaming me for making you move out here.” You said in shame.

“Um. I guess I kind of am.” Mingyu said.

“Then why did you follow me in the first place? You could have just been single and live in Korea. I only wanted you to move with me because I didn’t want our relationship to be torn apart.” You were about to yell.

“Well if you didn’t want our relationship to be torn apart, we could’ve just had a long distance relationship. I don’t get what’s wrong with that.” Mingyu was also about to yell.

“Because, if we had a long distance relationship then how we would we be able to hang out and be together?” You yelled.

“Like we even hang out with each other. We’re not even hanging out, you’ve been too busy on your career, so I don’t get why you think we’re still hanging out.” Mingyu yelled.

“Are you making me choose between you and my career?” You yelled.

“Yea I am. So choose one.” Mingyu said.

“I choose my career, because if I choose you, I don’t think you would benefit me at all.” You yelled.

“You know what? I regret everything. I regret liking you, I regret being your boyfriend, I just regret everything that has to do with you.” Mingyu yelled.

“If you regret everything then go back to Korea for all I care. Just go. Pack your stuff and move back.” You yelled.

“Fine. Maybe I will. Maybe it will be better than being with you all the time. Our relationship is over. Bye.” Mingyu said and walked out.

You were about to cry but you kept it in and walked into the studio where Seungkwan was practicing.

“I heard yelling. Is everything ok?” Seungkwan asked.

“I just regret going out with him. That’s it.” You said and you were going to cry.

Seungkwan came up to you and hugged you.
“Its ok. What happen?” Seungkwan asked.

“Just that he’s moving back to Korea ok? I’d rather not talk about it. Can we just practice now?” You asked.

“Sure no problem.” Seungkwan said and grabbed the guitar.

You wiped your tears and started playing the piano.

“He wasn’t worth it anyways…” You said to yourself.
_________________

Mingyu was already at the airport waiting for his flight. When he looked at his phone, he saw a picture of you and him on his lock screen. He unlocked his phone and was about to delete all the pictures of you and him but he hesitated.

“HEY MINGYU!” Someone yelled from behind.

Mingyu put his phone back in his pocket and turned around.

“Seungkwan. Hey.” Mingyu said.

“You are leaving without a goodbye to your best friend?” Seungkwan said.

“Sorry. It’s just I can’t wait to go back to Korea. “ Mingyu said.

“Well, good luck with Seventeen. I hope you guys become successful as me and Minah are right now.” Seungkwan said.

“I hope so too.” Mingyu said.

Then a lady announced that Mingyu’s flight was ready.

“That’s me. I have to go now.” Mingyu said.

“Ok then. Have fun in Korea.” Seungkwan said and gave a bro handshake.

“Ok, you have fun in America too.” Mingyu said.

“Bye.” Seungkwan said and walked away.

Mingyu went on his flight and the plane was off.

_________________

At the apartment…

Seungkwan came in and you were just sitting on the couch watching T.V

“How come you didn’t come with me to say goodbye to Mingyu?” Seungkwan asked and sat down next to you on the couch.

“Why should I say goodbye to him. After what he said.” You said.

“But-“

“Im sleepy. Don’t bother me.” You said and laid down on the couch and fell asleep.

“I understand…” Seungkwan said quietly and put a blanket on top of you.
________________

After couple weeks of practicing for you and Seungkwan’s debut, the day finally came where you both had to go out on stage and perform.

“There’s too much people out there.” You said nervously.

“Don’t worry. I know you will be good. ” Seungkwan said.

You took a deep breath and walked out the stage with Seungkwan. There were so many fans because of that teaser that you guys put out. You guys started performing.

In Korea, Seventeen is watching your performance on T.V. Everyone was cheering even though their only watching you guys on T.V.  Mingyu wasn’t interested at all. It was like you guys didn’t like each other anymore. It was like the beginning.

“Hey Mingyu! Since your single do you want to double date with my girlfriend best friend tonight?” Seokmin asked.

“No. I’m not dating anyone else besides Minah. Even if were both drifted apart, and we both don’t know each other anymore, I still love and care for her no matter what…” Mingyu said and gave a little smile.

….