Chapter 18: Best Friends Again

Confusing Love

 

You were just in the studio playing with your electric guitar. Seungkwan saw you, and smiled and waved. You saw him but you didn’t bother to say hi. You just looked at him and kept playing your guitar. He came in. Right when he came in you got your guitar and got out of the studio to go to your dorm. Then Seungkwan sat down sadly on the chair. Wonwoo was walking by and saw him.
 

“Hey whats wrong?” Wonwoo asked Seungkwan.
 

“I think Minah is still mad at me for breaking up with her.” Seungkwan said sadly.
 

“Well you did do it in a harsh way. I mean, you didn’t even tell her if you guys could still be best friends. You just said-“
 

“OK, I GET IT.” Seungkwan yelled.
 

“You should talk to her before she ignores you forever.” Wonwoo said.


“But how? She will just walk away if I try to go up to her and talk.” Seungkwan said.

 

“Just text her saying to meet you at the park. And then tell her you want to be bestfriends with her again. Just say that you want it to be like old times. You know what I mean?” Wonwoo said.

 

“I think she deleted my number because she doesn’t want to think about me anymore.” Seungkwan said.
 

“Nah. I don’t think she would do that. She’s too nice.” Wonwoo said.

 

“Fine I’ll talk to her today. If she doesn’t ignore me.” Seungkwan said.
 

“Good. I’m going now bye.” Wonwoo said and got out of the room.

 

_______________

 

You in your dorm...
 

You were playing your guitar while thinking.

 

“Was I being too mean to Seungkwan?” You said to yourself.
 

You didn’t really think about it much, so you continued playing your guitar. Then someone knocked.

 

“Minah! Can I come in!” It was Mingyu.
 

“Oh yea sure!” You yelled.

 

Mingyu opened the door.
 

“Hey. Do you want to do something today?” Mingyu asked.

 

“We always go out. Can I just stay here for once please?” You said.
 

“Fine. But I still want to do something with you!” Mingyu begged.

 

“We can watch a whole bunch of movies.” You suggested.
 

“Hah. Ok. I’ll get a bunch of movies from my room.” Mingyu said.

 

When Mingyu went to his bedroom to get his movies, Wonwoo and Samuel came into your dorm.
 

“Hi Noona!” Samuel said.

 

“Hey guys. What are you doing here?” You asked.
 

“Can we watch movies with you and Mingyu Hyung?” Samuel asked.
 

You didn’t want to hurt his feelings but you kind of wanted to be alone with Mingyu. You didn’t know how to say no though.
 

“Um-“
 

“NO! You guys can’t watch with us!” Mingyu said out of nowhere with a handful of movies in his hand.

 

“What? Why can’t we wa-“
 

Wonwoo covered Samuel’s mouth.
 

“What?” Samuel said and looked at Wonwoo.
 

Wonwoo gave him a glare.
 

“Oh! I see!” Samuel said.
 

“Nevermind Noona! Were busy!” Samuel said and walked out with Wonwoo.\
 

Then Mingyu came in and showed you all the movies he had. He had most of your favorite movies.
 

“Oh lets watch this one first!” You said and put it up to show Mingyu.
 

It was a horror film. He grabbed it and put it in your DVD player.
 

“Hah. Don’t be scared.” Mingyu said.
 

“Don’t worry. I’m not going to be scared. I think…” You said quietly.
 

“Don’t worry. I’m here.” Mingyu said.
 

You just smiled.

_______________

 

You guys have been watching the movie for a long time. It’s come to that scary part of the movie where you are hiding behind Mingyu. Just as the scary part was about to come, your phone rang. Mingyu paused the movie.
 

“WHO THE HELL IS TEXTING ME RIGHT NOW?” You yelled.
 

You grabbed your phone from your desk.
 

 

From Seungkwan:

 

Hey can you meet me in the park real quick. Please? I really need to talk to you. It’s important.
 

 

“I thought I deleted his number. Ehh.” You said and threw your phone on your bed.
 

“Who was it?” Mingyu asked.
 

“Just Seungkwan. I don’t care. Play the movie!” You said excitingly.
 

“Wait what did he say?” Mingyu asked.
 

“He just want to talk to me about something important. But I don’t care. Just play the movie!” You whined and took the remote from him.
 

Mingyu took it back.
 

“I think you should go talk to him. If it’s important you should probably go see what’s up.” Mingyu said.
 

“Fine. I’ll go.” You said and took your jacket and phone and walked out.

 

_____________

 

Seungkwan is already waiting for you at the park. You finally came. You saw him and sat down next to him.
 

“Look. I know we broke up but I don’t think that should get in our way of our friendship. You know what I mean.” Seungkwan said.
 

You were just silent. You really didn’t want to be with him right now.

 

“I know you are probably still mad at me for the way I broke up with you, but I want it to be like old times, before we were a couple. Can we just be best friends again please?” Seungkwan asked politely.
 

You just weren’t sure if you should accept his apology. You just wanted to punch him in the face right now.
 

“Can you tell me why you were jealous then?” You asked harshly.

 

“I’ll tell you when its time. I promise. And I wasn’t jealous.  But you will find out later. I just really miss you Minah, I still want to be your best friend. I just don’t want to lose you.” Seungkwan said.
 

You smiled.
 

“Fine. I think you deserve another chance. So best friends?” You asked and put out your hand.
 

“Come on. I want a hug! Not a handshake!” Seungkwan said playfully.
 

“Fine fine.” You said.
 

You and Seungkwan stood up and you both hugged each other. Seungkwan was about to let go, but you just held him tighter.
 

“Wait. I don’t want to let go just yet.” You said, still hugging him.
 

“Hah. Me too.” Seungkwan said and both of you were still hugging each other.

 

........