Chapter 16: Birthday

Confusing Love

Today was your birthday. You were getting ready to meet seventeen in the dining room, hoping they had a surprise for you. When you went out you saw everyone waiting for you.


“Hey guys!” You said excitingly.


“HI NOONA! THIS IS FROM ALL OF US!” Samuel yelled and went up to you and gave you a handmade card.


“Aww thank you Samuel!” You said and patted his head.


“Wait why is he giving her a card?” Seungkwan whispered to Mingyu.


“Because it’s her birthday. I can’t believe you forgot her birthday.” Mingyu whispered back.


“Crap. How can I forget her birthday?” Seungkwan said to himself.


“Hey Mingyu. Can you do me a favor and distract her for the whole day again?” Seungkwan asked and whispered to Mingyu.


Mingyu’s face lit up.


“Don’t worry. I will. Just go plan her gift already.” Mingyu whispered.


“Thank you so much!” Seungkwan whispered and ran out the dining room.


 Then after you read the card, seventeen went to the kitchen and got a cake for you. You didn’t even notice that Seungkwan was gone.


“HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!” Seventeen starting singing.


Your face lit up. You were really surprised that they had a huge cake for you. The cake had all your favorite flavors.


“Happy birthday Minah!” Seventeen yelled and started cheering.


You put your finger in the cake to taste the frosting.


“Frosting is good.” You said enjoying the taste.


Then suddenly someone puts frosting on your face.


“Who did that?!?” You yelled and looked around to see who did it. It was Mingyu.


You took some frosting and put it on his face. Then Mingyu did it back.


“FROSTING FIGHT!” Samuel yelled.


All the seventeen members got frosting and put it on each other’s faces. When all of you guys stopped putting frosting on each other, you got a knife and started cutting the cake. Mingyu saw frosting on your face still.


“Hey you still have frosting on your face.” Mingyu said and took a napkin and wiped it off your face.


You felt butterflies in your stomach.


“Um thanks?” You said confusingly.


After all of you guys were done eating cake all of the seventeen members went to go practice singing or dancing, But Mingyu stayed with you.


“Hey you I want to take you out for your birthday.” Mingyu said.


“Oh where are you taking me?” You asked.


“Hmm I want to take you to the Myeong-Dong. You can get whatever you want. I’ll buy it.” Mingyu said.


“It’s fine. I don’t really need anything.” You said.


“Then we can go look at stuff!” Mingyu said.


“Hmm Ok. Let’s go then!” You said and wrapped your arm around his and started walking with him.

_________________________

You and Mingyu at the Myeong-Dong…


You and Mingyu stopped at this shop with necklaces and hats and clothing. You looked at this particular necklace. It had the letter M on it. It was kind of like Mingyu’s phone keychain. You stared at it for a while.


“Hey!” Mingyu said.


You jumped.


“Oh Hey. You scared me.” You said.


“Do you want to go check out other stores now?” Mingyu asked.


“Yea sure.” You said and walked out.


Mingyu took the necklace and went up to the cashier and bought it. They gave it to him in a cute little box. You were still waiting outside the shop.


"Where is he?" You asked yourself.


"I'm here!" Mingyu said and popped out of nowhere.


You saw the box he was holding.


"What's that?" You asked.


"It's nothing." Mingyu said.


"Yea right. I want to see!" You said like a little kid.


You were trying to get the box from him but he kept backing away his arm. Its like he wanted you to get it. After struggling so many times to get it, you finally got it and opened it. You saw the letter M necklace you were looking at in the shop.


"Is this for you?" You said confusingly.


"No. It's for you." Mingyu said.


You kept staring at it.


"I was going to give it to you later but I guess you want it now." Mingyu said.


You closed the box gave it back to him.


"Give it to me the way you wanted to do it." You said.


"What?" Mingyu said confusingly.


"I said give it to me the way you were going to give it to me." You said.


"Oh ok." Mingyu said.


Mingyu bent down on his knees and held the box. It was like he was giving it to you like proposal style. Mingyu cleared his throat.


"Happy birthday!" Mingyu cheered.


You smiled.


"Thanks. That's cute." You said and took the box from him.


Mingyu got up.


"Hah. Thanks." Mingyu said.


Mingyu gave you a hug. That feeling came back. You had butterflies in your stomach again. It's like you liked him but you weren't sure. You broke the hug.


"This necklace is really nice. I love it." You told Mingyu


"Here let me out it on you." Mingyu said and took the necklace out of the box.


You held your hair up so he can put the necklace on. You kept having butterflies every time Mingyu had contact with you. You really didn't want that feeling, but you couldn't handle it.


"Hey we should head back to the dorm now." You said.


"Ok let's go then." Mingyu said and wrapped his arm around you.


That feeling came again.
____________


You and Mingyu entering the dorm...


When you came in you saw Seungkwan waiting for you. When both of you guys came in, Mingyu still had his arm wrapped around your neck.


"Oh hi Seungkwan!" You said and took off Mingyu's arm.


Seungkwan saw the necklace you were wearing.


"I like your necklace. Did your mom get it for you?" Seungkwan said sarcastically.


Seungkwan knew it was a gift from Mingyu because it matched his phone keychain.


"No it was from Mingyu." You said.


"Well I know I'm late but happy birthday." Seungkwan said and handed you a book.


You weren't really impressed on how Seungkwan presented it. You thought Mingyu's presentation of the gift was much better. You knew that this gift wasn't going to be as special as Mingyu's. You opened the book and it had an autograph of your favorite rock band. You stared at it for awhile.


"It took me all day to get this for you. I hope you love it more than Mingyu's gift." Seungkwan said harshly and walked back into his bedroom. You were really speechless. You didn't expect it to be something this big.


"Minah are you ok?" Mingyu asked


You were kind of speechless because you didn't know Seungkwan would get you something this big.


"Oh what? Yea I'm ok." You said and sniffled.


"I'll go talk to him." Mingyu said and ran into the bedroom.
________________

A/N: Hi Guys! Sorry I haven’t been updating. Its because I been so lazy LOL. But yea im not trying to end this story quick because my friend doesn’t want it to end. But im thinking of making a sequel? I don’t know what do you guys think? Anyways I hope you enjoy!