Chapter 21: The Word is Out

Confusing Love

You woke up and got ready for school. The seventeen members didn’t even know that you and Mingyu were going out. It was about a week you guys were together. You guys weren’t trying to keep it a secret, it’s just that the seventeen members have been busy lately. Anyways you got ready and went to see Mingyu and Seungkwan out your dorm.
 

“Hey guys.” You said and waved.
 

“Hey.” Mingyu said and wrapped his arm around your neck.
 

You just smiled.
 

“Um are you guys like a thing now?” Seungkwan asked.
 

“Yes.” You said quietly.
 

“WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN? AND YOU DON’T EVEN TELL YOUR BEST FRIEND?” Seungkwan yelled.
 

“It happened a week ago. And I tried to tell you but you were so busy, that you couldn’t walk to me.” You said.
 

“Wow. Amazing.” Seungkwan said and clapped.
 

“Shut up. Let’s just go to school now.” Mingyu said and started walking.
 

Seungkwan was in the back. Just like Mingyu was when Seungkwan and you were going out…

 _________________

You, Seungkwan and Mingyu walking to school. You and Mingyu were in the front while Seungkwan was left behind. Mingyu was holding your hand on the way to school.
 

“NO HOLDING HANDS!” Seungkwan yelled from the behind.
 

You both looked behind and saw Seungkwan, but you guys just looked ahead and didn’t listen to Seungkwan.
 

“Jerks…” Seungkwan muttered.
 

“Hey, you want to do something after school?” Mingyu asked.
 

“Yea sure. Let’s go get ice cream or something.” You said.
 

“Can I come?” Seungkwan asked out of nowhere.
 

“Um.” You said.
 

“No Seungkwan, you can’t come.” Mingyu said.
 

“Hey Mingyu!” You yelled and hit Mingyu.
 

“What? You were going to say no too.” Mingyu said.
 

“Well, not really. You can come if you want Seungkwan but I think you would be left out.” You said.
 

“I understand. I just wanted to see what you would say.” Seungkwan said.
 

“Thank you for understanding.” You said.
 

Seungkwan got kind of mad and then pushed you guys out of the way so he can be first.
 

“I think he’s mad.” You said sadly.
 

“Don’t worry. Seungkwan will get over it. I know he will.” Mingyu said.
 

You and Mingyu walked into the school holding hands. Everyone was looking at both of you and whispering to each other if you guys were going out. Some girls started tearing up because they are like fan girls of Mingyu. Then this one freshman girl went up to you guys.
 

“Are you guys going out?” She asked.
 

“Yea we are.” You said.
 

“You guys make such a cute couple.” The girl said excitedly.
 

“Hah. I know we are.” Mingyu said and wrapped his arm around you.
 

You just blushed. It didn’t take that long for the whole school to find out you guys were going out. Almost everyone was talking about you and Mingyu going out and being the cutest couple in school. They even said that he was better than Seungkwan. But you thought that was kind of rude. After all, Seungkwan is still your best friend.

______________

Lunchtime…
 

You sat with Seungkwan as usual even though he was kind of mad, but Mingyu was right. He got over it. Then Mingyu came out of nowhere.
 

“Hey what’s up?” Mingyu asked and sat down next to you.
 

“Nothing. We’re just talking.” You said.
 

“Oh! Here I got you instant ramen.” Mingyu said and put the bowl of ramen on your tray.
 

“OH MY GOD! I LOVE YOU! I WAS CRAVING FOR THIS ALL DAY!” You yelled and hugged him.
 

Mingyu kind of hugged you back but then he pushed you away.
 

“Go eat it before it gets cold.” Mingyu said.
 

“I need chop sticks.” You said and got up.
 

Mingyu made you sit down so he could get it.
 

“You guys already say I love you to each other already?” Seungkwan asked.
 

“Yea. He’s been saying that even before we were going out. So I’m kind of used to saying it back.” You said like it was no big deal.
 

“I can’t believe that.” Seungkwan said.
 

“Why? Because it took you like 3 or 4 month to say I love you to me? I got you.” You said.
 

“HEY! That was because I was waiting for the right time to say it ok? That’s why-“
 

“NOPE NOPE NOPE! IT TOOK YOU A LONG TIME!” You yelled.
 

You and Seungkwan were arguing but not in a bad way though. It was kind of like playful argument. Mingyu finally came back with chopsticks. Mingyu was standing there for a second staring at both of your argument and then he finally said-
 

“I’m finally back.” Mingyu said.
 

You and Seungkwan stopped arguing and looked at him.
 

“Oh thanks! Now I can finally eat!” You said and took the chopsticks out of his hand and started eating very fast.
 

“Ok?” Mingyu was kind of confused but sat down.
 

“Hey guys! I want to quiz you to see who knows me the most. My best friend or boyfriend.
 

“Why?” Seungkwan asked.
 

“Because I’m bored. Anyways Ill start. “Can you guys guess my favorite Korean rock bands?” You asked the first question.
 

You wanted them to answer questions, not because you were bored. You asked because you wanted to see which one listened to you the most.
 

“Um I forgot all of them…” Seungkwan said.
 

“You like, F.T. Island, CNBlue, LED Apple, and AOA, even though some people in AOA dance though.” Mingyu answered.
 

“Wow im surprised that you know all of them.” You said.
 

“I know. I know my girl-“
 

“OK! Next question.” You said cutting off Mingyu’s sentence.
 

“What’s my favorite color?” You asked.
 

“RED!” Seungkwan yelled.
 

“Hah. Funny how you yelled it, but you are wrong” You said.
 

“You are wrong. It’s purple. Right?” Mingyu said.
 

“No. It’s funny because it obvious.” You said.
 

They both observed you. You were wearing blue high knee socks, with a blue bracelet, and you also had blue headphones wrapped around your neck, and a blue backpack. But they still couldn’t guess it.
 

“You guys are so stupid. It’s blue.” You said and laughed.
 

“OHH!” They both said.
 

“Whatever. Mingyu wins. I’m done asking questions.” You said. 
 

“YES!” Mingyu yelled.
 

“Nah. Nevermind. Mingyu doesn’t know what my favorite color is, so technically he lost a point and you guys tied.” You said.
 

“That’s not fair!” Mingyu yelled.
 

“Oh is it?” You said.
 

The school bell rang.
 

“Finally, I got to go to art. Bye Mingyu. I love you.” You said and hugged him.
 

Seungkwan was just standing there looking at you guys awkwardly. Mingyu kind of saw him so he broke the hug.
 

“Bye. I got to go to.” Mingyu said and walked away.
 

“Um ok?” You said confusingly and walked with Seungkwan to class.

___________________

 You and Mingyu were walking home…
 

You guys were holding hands on the way. The seventeen members just came back from the café and saw both of you. They were shocked and stood there with their jaws open except for Wonwoo giving a smirk and Samuel about to jump and get all crazy. You both saw them and stopped.
 

“Hey guys.” You said awkwardly.
 

“SO BOTH OF YOU ARE FINALLY GOING OUT?!?!” Samuel yelled.
 

“Yes. We are. I bet you are very hap-“
 

Samuel gave you a big hug, cutting off your sentence. Then all the seventeen members are cheering for your relationship together. I mean, they really shipped you guys together, so that’s why they are so happy you guys are finally together.
 

“So how long was this?” Wonwoo asked.
 

“About a week.” Mingyu answered.
 

“IT’S BEEN GOING ON FOR A WEEK AND YOU NEVER TOLD ANY OF US!” Samuel yelled.
 

“You guys been very busy lately so how could I have told you guys, especially you, Samuel.” You said.
 

“Well I’m just very happy for you guys.” Wonwoo said and then seventeen started cheering again.
 

“I’m not….” Seungkwan said by the exiting door.

……