Chapter 8

The Consequences of Loving Him
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's Note:

There's not enough drama, so I decided to add some things here and there, I hope you guys don't mind that.

The story is way too fluffy, I kinda wanna start doing cliff-hangers so I can keep you guys hanging at the edge of your seats and sobbing over wanting me to update.

But I'm most likely not going to do that since I'm not an evil author-nim.

Or..am I? Hehehe.

 

*

 

 

→ A U T H O R

 

 

You woke up to the sound of a text message, and you looked at your phone. 

 

[From: Kyungsoo] Goodmorning, it's Monday! 

 

You frowned, what's so great about Mondays? Oh, right. Jongin. You smiled at the thought of him and you felt the butterflies in your stomach. The knot, the nervousness and excitement all mixing in, it was such a great feeling. For once in your life, you actually looked forward to Mondays.

 

You got ready and headed down to Jongin and Kyungsoo's dorm. Every weekday, if they got ready early, they would come knock on your dorm. If you got ready early, you would knock on theirs. Most of the time, you would known on their dorm, which didn't make any sense to you because they were boys.

 

What takes them so long, anyway? They have less things to do.

 

You knocked on the door, the little sign 'room 116' hung on it, and the whiteboard hung below it. It listed both Jongin and Kyungsoo's names, and you smiled seeing the name 'Kim Jongin'. The memory of the little you came back, and you remembered when you thought Jongin's name was Kai.

 

The first time you saw him, you immediately assumed that it was his name. You didn't know why, but he looked like a Kai to you, and for a little amount of time, he actually went with that nickname and you called him that name all throughout Elementary school. 

 

You didn't know what happened to the nickname, but you, Kyungsoo, and Jongin had gotten rid of it. It would just be weird to go around calling him Kai, while the rest of the school called him Jongin.

 

Your thoughts were interrupted when a sleepy Jongin answered the door. You immediately felt yourself smiling, you just couldn't help it. Whenever you saw him, it was like something inside your body forced you to smile. It was a reaction.

 

Jongin smiled back at you, and ruffled your hair. "Someone woke up early today," he said as he let you in. "No, you guys just wake up late. Go get ready, we're gonna be late for school." you told him as you rushed him.

 

He chuckled, "So bossy." 

 

"Only because you're so stubborn," you shot back, making him shut up. He yawned, stretching his arms out to put it around your shoulders, which made you flinch. You thought that by now, you would've gotten used to Jongin's touch, but your everytime he touched you, it was like you had to flinch.

 

Your body still felt like melting whenever he touched you, and whenever he smiled at you, your heart just melted into mush. Your body felt like a pile of goo.

 

"How was your beauty sleep, princess?" he smirked.

 

"Mine? Great, what about yours?" you asked him.

 

"It was okay, my back hurts. Remind me to never sleep on the couch, again." he groaned.

 

"Never sleep on the couch, again." you reminded him and winked.

 

"Not now, aish." he messed your hair up, again.

 

You frowned, "I don't like people touching my hair."

 

"And I don't either, but you touch it all the time." he laughed.

 

"Whatever." 

 

"Minhee?" your heart skipped a beat when he called your name.

 

"What?" you replied.

 

"Can you rub my back, please?" he made a pouty face at you.

 

"Where does it hurt," you groaned. You were frustrated in yourself for agreeing to everything that Jongin wanted you to do, but it was just a habit that you had.

 

 

*

 

 

When you, Jongin, and Kyungsoo arrived at school early, you saw Cho Hee sitting on the other side of the auditorium with some of her friends. You realized that Cho Hee's been leaving Jongin alone lately, but you still kept an eye on her.

 

When Cho Hee noticed you and Jongin looking at her, she made her way and walked over to the both of you. She flipped her hair and smiled, acting as if she was the most loved person in the school. But in reality, you're the most hated, Cho Hee. Don't you know when enough is enough?

 

"Jongin," she squealed as she wrapped her skinny arms around Jongin's neck, making Jongin back away and push her off. You felt your body tingle, and not in a good way. The good tingling is the kind of feeling you get when Jongin touches you, but this feeling? Oh, it was nothing like that.


It was full of hatred and anger, possibly even jealousy. You were never the type to get jealous, but boy, seeing that wrap her arms around Jongin and touching him in the way you wished you could just made you furious.

 

"Hi Cho Hee," Jongin waved shyly as Cho Hee's lips curved into a smirk, you didn't know why, but you just wanted to slap that smirk off of her face.

 

Kyungsoo, from the other side, noticed how tensed you were and walked over to you, rubbing your back in circular motion. That was one of Kyungsoo's habits, whenever someone was nervous, he would just rub their back

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter