Chapter 25

The Consequences of Loving Him
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's Note: 

Some of you guys are already asking for Book #2, lmfao. Guys, the first book isn't even done yet. First off, there's still some drama coming and Jongin and Minhee aren't even together. Please be patient, please. <3

There's a second part to this chapter but I haven't edited it, yet. It'll either be up today, tomorrow, or Thursday. I have no idea. lolol. <3

 

→ M I N H E E

 

 

The first week of school went by pretty smoothly. Surprisingly, everyone wasn't throwing a tantrum like I had expected. 

 

Usually by the end of the year, everyone went nuts. It was as if all of the teachers lost control and all of the students lost their brains. The end of the school year was normally like that for me, and this year, I guess it was all different because we were Seniors and we were more "mature."

 

Either way, everything was running smoothly and everyone was just ready to get the hell out of this hell hole that we call school. 

 

All of my stuff were already packed up. My things that were in my dorm were all packed up and ready for me to take back to my mom's house. My mom had decided that she wanted me to stay with her for a little bit before going off to live on my own.

 

Kyungsoo's parents were paying for his apartment just until he could get his own job and pay for the apartment on his own, as for Jongin's parents, they had already gotten him an apartment and agreed to pay for it for the next year or two.

 

The difference between Jongin and Kyungsoo's families were that Jongin's family was basically filthy rich. Jongin came from the rich family, with the fancy cars, fancy clothes, fancy house, fancy everything. 

 

Kyungsoo, however, had more of the average-family. He had an older brother whom had a wife and two kids, and his parents expected a lot from both him and older brother. Although Kyungsoo's parents were harsh on him sometimes, you could tell that they loved him in every way possible.

 

It was the last period of class, Thursday. Kyungsoo had been telling me about how he wanted to take singing classes during the Summer, because he wanted to work on his singing skills and become an idol.

 

Although his future plan seemed pretty unrealistic, if you saw the look in his eye, you would've known immediately that he was dead-on serious about his future. He truly wanted to become an idol, and he truly wanted to sing for a living.

 

I had no problem with that. The only problem for me was that if Kyungsoo became famous all of a sudden, that'd mean that I'd instantly be thrown out of his life.

 

We've all heard about those tragic stories of how someone's best friend becomes an idol and forgets about them, and I was definitely not ready for myself to become one of those people who would have to tell one of those stories.

 

"Are you guys thinking of any Summer jobs?" Jongin asked.

 

"Actually, I am. Maybe one of the coffee shops around the corner or ice cream parlors." I said.

 

Jongin laughed, "You're only in it for the food and drinks, Minhee. The only thing you'll be doing is stuffing your face with ice cream or caramel fraps." 

 

"I'll be surrounded by the things that I love most, how can you expect me to not stuff my face?" I replied.

 

Since it was the last week of school, the teacher was letting everyone talk to each other and have free time. It was one of the things that I loved most about the last week of school. 

 

"You guys are meeting me at my place tomorrow before graduation, right?" I asked.

 

"Yeah, but my mom's leaving right after graduation because she has some business trip to attend. Oh, and my sisters are taking time off work to come." Jongin said.

 

"Say Jongin, how come your sisters have a family and a job and you're still girlfriendless and jobless?" Kyungsoo teased.

 

"Like I said, my first girlfriend will be my la-"

 

"Your last, we get it. Cheesy bastard." Kyungsoo rolled his eyes.

 

"Hey, you asked." Jongin defended.

 

"What about you, Kyungsoo? Are your parents coming?" I asked, ignoring their subject about girlfriends. Honestly, the less we talked about it, the better it was for me.

 

Kyungsoo nodded at my question, "Seungsoo is, too." 

 

"Seungsoo-oppa?" I smiled.

 

"Ew, don't call him tha-"

 

"Jongin-oppa!" a girl's voice chirped, which cut off Kyungsoo's sentence. 

 

The three of us turned around. Although Kyungsoo and Jongin may not have known the voice, I knew that voice better than I knew my own. It was definitely Cho Hee's voice.

 

Her voice was so loud and obnoxious, hearing it everyday just made me want to take knives and shove it into my ears. 

 

"Cho Hee.." Jongin said awkwardly. I could tell how uncomfortable he was, honestly, I didn't blame the poor kid. The girl just wouldn't leave him alone, and as much as I hate to be rude and mean to her, there's just something about her that makes my blood boil.

 

Cho Hee seemed like she was always out to get me, always taunting me. Maybe it was the fact that she liked Jongin, or maybe it was the fact that I was his best friend and I liked him, or both. Either way, I knew she hated me and I could admit that I was not very fond of her, myself.

 

"I'm inviting the three of you to my end of the school year party. It's right after graduation tomorrow at Sunset Beach," Cho Hee handed Jongin a couple of invitations. She didn't even dare to take a look at me nor Kyungsoo. "I really hope you can come, oppa. My parents rented the whole beach from 7pm-12am." 

 

Although Cho Hee had invited Kyungsoo and I, it seemed like she didn't even want to. First off, she handed the invitations to Jongin and didn't even take one look at us. We were practically garbage to her, and it seemed like she had only invited us because we were Jongin's friends.

 

Sometimes, I felt so unsure about my friendship with Jongin. He was one of the most popular guys at school, and his only friends were Kyungsoo and I. He wasn't even popular for who he really was. It was just his looks and his dark aura that drew everyone's attention. If they saw how sensitive and fragile Jongin really was, boy, they'd be in for a shock. 

 

Jongin did, however, talk to other people every now and then, but you would never catch him walking around school with Kyungsoo or without me by his side.

 

I felt like I was some type of anchor dragging him down into the pits of Loserville with me, and I felt like he's been wasting his life with me. Although we had a great friendship, maybe he could've had something better, something better than me. I felt like I didn't have much to offer him as a friend.

 

I sighed. If I can't offer him much as a friend, how will I offer him anything as a girlfriend? But it's not like that would happen, right?

 

Jongin only nodded his head and accepted the invitations that Cho Hee had given him. After that, Cho Hee walked off to her group of friends. As soon as she was out of sight, I grabbed Jongin by the collar, "Don't tell me you're going." 

 

"I'm not." Jongin chuckled. "We are."

 

I groaned, "Oh, please. Don't drag me there. You know how much she doesn't like me, right? And plus, it's not like I like her, either."

 

"Doesn't mean you can't go to the beach and have some fun. C'mon, I'll be there. You'll for sure have a great time." Jongin reassured.

 

I looked over at Kyungsoo, begging him with my eyes to say something that'll convince Jongin to not go to that beach party. I would rather be dead than go to that party and see Cho Hee squealing and flirting with other guys in her bikini.

 

"It sounds fun, let's go." Kyungsoo said. At that point, I knew I had no other choice left but to go. I shot Kyungsoo one of my best death glares and sighed, knowing that I had no hope left.

 

"Okay, fine. We'll go. But after that, I never want to see her face again." I mumbled.

 

Jongin laughed, "Hey, you're cute when you're fiesty, you know

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter