Chapter 28

The Consequences of Loving Him
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's Note: 

Didn't really edit this chapter much...so there may be some typos. (: 

 

→ A U T H O R

 

 

Jongin walked around the corner to grab a cup of coffee. Usually, he would wake up to Kyungsoo yelling or nagging at him to pick up his clothes or clean up his mess, but it took him a good ten minutes to realize that he was indeed living on his own now, and Kyungsoo was no longer his roommate. 

 

Now that he lived on his own, things were different. Kyungsoo wasn't around, you weren't around, and it was a lot quieter than usual. The place was already becoming a little bit untidy, and Jongin had only been living in it for two days.

 

Jongin grabbed his cup of coffee and headed out to do some grocery shopping, since he was running low on food. The only thing he really had in mind was you. He wanted to go get a Summer job with you, just so that you guys could be together.

 

He had planned everything in his head. He could offer to help you with things, tease you all the time to see that smile of yours, and then after that he could ask you to go out with him to dinner, then bring you to the beach and ask you to be his girlfriend.

 

It all sounded romantic, but in his head, it was all too cliche. He wanted everything to be special and one-of-a-kind, but everything he thought of was cheesy.

 

He had tried texting and calling you earlier in the morning, but just like always, it would be left unread or it would go straight to voicemail. It had been like that a lot, lately. It was like ever since you that one day you left to Beijing, you haven't even bothered to communicate with him as much.

 

You no longer called, you no longer sent him 'goodnight' text messages, and he missed it. He missed all of the attention that you used to give him, and just in general, he missed you.

 

"Aish, where could she be?" he mumbled to himself, wondering why you weren't answering your phone.

 

"Maybe Kyungsoo knows?" he wondered. He picked up his phone to dial Kyungsoo's number, only for it to go straight to voicemail. He let out a breath of frustration, putting his phone back into his pocket. Today was honestly going to be such a boring day.

 

Jongin went around the store buying all different types of food. He mostly bought junk food, which kind of worried him because he was a dancer. A dancer should always eat healthily, but Jongin was addicted to eating junk food.

 

Unlike other kids, he didn't gain weight. He had a fast metabolism, and he would mostly stay skinny and look healthy. Plus, because he was a dancer. That was basically his work-out for the day and he would stay in shape and work off all the body fat.

 

After buying his groceries and bringing them back to his apartment, Jongin laid on his bed. He was bored, he had nothing to do, and he wanted more than anything to go and see you and Kyungsoo.

 

He had no idea where Kyungsoo's apartment was, because the boys haven't exchanged addresses with each other, yet. He knew where you lived, but he didn't want to come and knock at your door or to disturb your parents. After all, he had a lot of respect for them.

 

Jongin sighed to himself as he walked around his apartment, looking for things to do. He missed you, a lot. He wanted to hold you and hug you and kiss you, but it was all just not going to happen. He had no communication with you, and he was yearning for you.

 

The boredom finally kicked in, and Jongin decided that this would be the perfect time for him to practice how to ask you to be his girlfriend, and how to confess to you.

 

Jongin grabbed a mop from the laundry room and the lights, looking at it. As ridiculous as all of this was, he forced himself to pretend that the mop was you. 

 

"Minhee, w-we've known each oth-" Jongin pouted. No, no! This isn't right. I sound like I'm proposing! 

 

Jongin breathed in and tried again, "I like you. Will you be my girlfriend?" That's way too straight-forward! She'll think I'm joking with her and she'll reject me!

 

No, Jongin. You need to man up and do this for your love!

 

"Alright, I will do it! FIghting!"  Jongin shouted as he walked around, dragging the mop with him.

 

Jongin stared at the mop, "Your hair..looks beautiful.." 

 

Jongin sighed, "Minhee's hair doesn't look like this."  He quickly flipped the mop over.

 

"Ah, but then she'll have no hair if I flip the mop to this side." Jongin cried.

 

He was really just an amateur when it came to this stuff. It was his first love, after all. He had never done anything. He had never confessed, he had never loved, but it seemed to come so naturally whenever he hugged or kissed you. 

 

It was like all of his confidence would rise up, and he would immediately wrap his arms around you. It was an instinct to him, it sort of made it feel like the both of you were already dating.

 

"Okay, maybe I'll just write it down on a note and stick it to a stuffed animal.." Jongin thought to himself.

 

"No, no. That's stupid." Jongin scolded at himself. "Aish, you stupid Jongin! You have to make it special!"

 

Jongin stomped his foot on the ground like a little five-year-old, he grabbed the mop and stared at it, "I want to take our rela-"

 

"Son, what are you doing?" Jongin heard a deep voice boom from behind him. It made him jump nearly five feet back.

 

Jongin held the mop closely to his chest as he realized that it was just his father and mother, and he sighed to himself, trying to calm down his heart rate.

 

"Knocking would be fine, thank you." Jongin muttered.

 

"Well, we're paying for this place. Shouldn't we get access to this apartment at any time of any day?" Jongin's mother spoke, her eyebrow cocking up.

 

"Y-yes, sorry." Jongin said, still a little bit startled from before.

 

"Jongin, were you just talking to a mop?" his father spoke up, making Jongin flustered.

 

"A-aniyo. I was...uh, mopping." Jongin smiled as he took the mop and dragged it here and there on the floor.

 

"Shouldn't the mop be wet?" Mr.Kim eyed his son suspiciously. He was starting to become worried for the boy.

 

"O-oh, right. Sorry." Jongin immediately shuffled into the laundry room.

 

"Wait. Stop." Jongin's father commanded. "We need to talk to you, you should sit down." 

 

Jongin immediately walked over to the couch like the obedient boy that he was, his mother and father sitting next to him, observing their strange son.

 

"Jongin-ah, when do you plan on getting married?" his mother asked.

 

Jongin's eyes widened, "M-mom, I haven't even graduated College." 

 

"Is it soon?" Jongin's mother ignored his statement. She wanted answers to her own questions at the moment.

 

"Soon, mom. Soon. Just not yet, because I want to find the right person." Jongin stated.

 

Jongin's father shook his head, "I want you to get married, now."

 

Jongin's heart raced, "But.."

 

"We've already decided that there are only two ways." Jongin's mother said. "The first way is by arranging it with our friend's daughter, whom is also around your age."

 

"But mom, I don't want to marry some stranger. I'm my own person, shouldn't I be able to love? Shouldn't I be able to find someone on my own?" Jongin refused.

 

Jongin's mother sighed, "Of course, you can. Just let me tell you the second option." 

 

"Your father wanted to force you into the marriage, but this option is my option for you. You get until the end of the Summer to find the girl that you want to spend the rest of your life with, and then you can marry her whenever you'd like, as long as it's her." Jongin's mother stated.

 

Jongin's eyes brightened, "The second option. I choose the second option." 

 

"But, you have to introduce us to that girl by the end of the Summer. Alright?" Jongin's father added.

 

Jongin nodded his head, "Of course."

 

"Make the right choice, son." Jongin's mother told him.

 

 "I will." Jongin promised. He didn't only promise it to his parents, but to himself. He had the perfect girl in mind. 

 

 

*

 

 

"Ah, he's so squishy!" Mayli laughed. 

 

"Shut up! That offends him." you defended Kyungsoo, but you ended up laughing along with her.

 

"I'm sorry, don't be mad. I was only joking." Mayli apologized.

 

Kyungsoo snorted, "It's fine. Really." 

 

After arriving at Beijing, you dropped your stuff off at your grandma's. You introduced Kyungsoo to your grandmother, and she adored him right away. It was like there was something about Kyungsoo that made others feel comfortable with him. Maybe it was because he looked so adorable.

 

After the laughter died down, Mayli smiled.

 

"It's so nice for you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter