Chapter 10

The Consequences of Loving Him
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

→ A U T H O R

 

 

Just as you promised, you were outside of those doors waiting for Jongin. 3 hours of sitting there, doing nothing but worrying for him was not fun. Prom was on Friday, and you knew that Jongin wouldn't be able to go because of the condition that he was in.

 

Deep down, you kind of wanted to go to prom. But since the only reason why you wanted to go wanted to go was because Jongin was your date, there really was no point anymore since he had injured himself.

 

You, Hye Ri, and Kyungsoo spent the rest of the day with Jongin. Every time Jongin needed something, the three of you took turns fulfilling his needs. Except for when he had to go to the bathroom, that was all Kyungsoo's job. 

 

You were sitting on the chair, rocking back and forth and kicking your feet along to the song that you were listening to. You didn't notice Jongin watching you, so you were just sitting there nodding your head back and forth and acting like a retarded seal, clapping your hands along to the beat of the song.

 

Kyungsoo had left to go get some clothes and things from his dorm, and Hye Ri had left since it was already past her curfew.

 

Jongin laughed while watching you, he loved watching you listening to your favorite songs, because you would just go all out and you wouldn't care who was around you. It was like you were the only one in the room when you had your earbuds in, and you didn't give a care in the world.

 

You caught Jongin laughing and took out your earbuds, "What? Are you laughing at me?"

 

Jongin nodded.

 

"Stop it!" you whined, kicking your feet and pausing the music. You decided that that was enough music for today.

 

"Okay, okay. I'll stop. Just go back to whatever you were doing," Jongin smiled, trying to stop himself from laughing. You gave him a glare and didn't move, you just glared at him for about 2-3 minutes until the both of you heard a knock on the door.

 

You turned your head towards the door, "Come in."

 

You saw Dr.Lee walk in with a laptop and some paperwork in his hands, and you felt yourself getting worried, again.

 

"I just wanted to check up on Jongin and ask him how he's doing," Dr.Lee finally said, setting down his laptop and holding a clipboard in his hands. 

 

"I'm feeling better, and the pain has lessened up a bit." Jongin stated. It was like he was getting interviewed.

 

"Okay, how many times have you went to the bathroom?" Dr.Lee asked.

 

"Three times." 

 

"And have you eaten much?"

 

"No, I just had a couple juiceboxes and some rice." 

 

"Does your hip still hurt?"

 

"Only if I walk around."

 

"I'll be right back with some pain-killers for that, and you can keep the pain-killers by taking it twice everyday."

 

Jongin nodded, "Thank you." 

 

You looked at the time on your watch and frowned at Jongin, it was already 2am, and you had school tomorrow. You knew that Kyungsoo was probably going to come back anytime now and it was going to be your turn to go back to your dorm.

 

"You should go to sleep, now. It's late." you yawned.

 

Jongin shook his head, "When you leave, I'll go to sleep." 

 

"But you have to rest so that your hip gets better, Jongin." you argued. You hated having these little back and forth arguments with him, because you knew how stubborn he was. 

 

"I'm not going to sleep, Minhee." Jongin replied and crossed him arms.

 

"Then, I'll leave right now." you shot back as you got up and grabbed your iPod.

 

"Wait! Fine, I'll go to sleep." Jongin frowned as he laid down and closed his eyes, you were watching him sleep and you saw him peek one of his eyes open like a little kid.

 

"Yah! Yah! What's that? I said go to sleep!" you scolded at him, making him shut it right away. You laughed at how childish he was, and you walked over to his bed.

 

"I'll sing you a lullaby, okay?" you smiled.

 

"No, your singing is horrible." Jongin said, his eyes still closed.

 

"Yah! Who said you could speak?" you slapped him, making him groan in pain.

 

You realized that you accidentally slapped him near his hip, and you gasped, "I'm sorry. Did that hurt?"

 

"Yes." Jongin pouted at you. "Kiss it." 

 

Your eyes widened, "I'm not putting my head down there."

 

"Who said you had to put your head down there to kiss it? I meant kiss your hand and put it on my boo-boo." 

 

You rolled your eyes and kissed your hand, placing it on his hips. "Goodnight." 

 

"Goodnight, Minhee." you heard Jongin whisper.

 

 

*

 

 

Kyungsoo walked into the room, to find that the both of you were asleep. You were asleep, and Jongin had his arms wrapped around you. Kyungsoo smirked as he pulled out his phone and took a picture of it, she'll thank me for this later.

 

He walked over to you and removed Jongin's hands from you, which made you peek your eyes open. Kyungsoo smiled, "It's late, do you want me to drive you home?" Kyungsoo asked.

 

You nodded, and he helped you up, "Kyungsoo?"

 

"What?" he replied.

 

"C-can you carry me?" you asked.

 

Kyungsoo nodded and sighed, so lazy. Aish.

 

You smiled as he lifted you up and held you on his back, he carried you out of the room, to the elevator, and out the hospital to his car.

 

When the both of you got to the car, Kyungsoo unlocked it and opened the door, putting you down gently so that you wouldn't wake up or hit your head anywhere. He was very cautious of everything, making sure that everything was safe for you. 

 

 

*

 

 

You woke up the next morning, realizing that you were still in your school clothes from yesterday. You suddenly remembered that Kyungsoo was the one who drove you home last night, and you made a mental reminder to thank him, later.

 

You pulled out your phone to see that you had 4 new text messages from Kyungsoo.

 

[From: Kyungsoo] Jongin asked me to skip school, today. Doctor Lee says that Jongin can leave tomorrow if he's in better condition.

[From: Kyungsoo] Yah, babo, are you awake? It's almost time for school, get ready!

[From: Kyungsoo] Jongin wants you to stop by after school, are you in school now?

[From: Kyungsoo] Minhee-ah, you are going to be late, shame on you.

 

You laughed at all of Kyungsoo's texts and smiled, but you were kind of sad inside. You knew that school was probably going to be a living hell without the two of them, but you kept in mind that you were going to see the both of them after school.

 

When you arrived at school, girls were already gathered around and talking to one another. Cho Hee was talking to all of her friends and you went to the usual corner of the classroom where you, Kyungsoo, and Jongin would usually sit at. You took out all of your notes and started reviewing them, after all, there was nothing better to do.

 

You stopped reviewing your notes when your eyes glanced over at the two open-toed shoes that were beside you, you looked up to see that it was one of Cho Hee's friends. Cho Hee must've sent her over.

 

"Minhee, is it?" she asked you. You nodded your head and pulled your bangs out of your face, trying to get a better look at her. She was obviously pretty, but there was something about her that was ugly. Her personality. 

 

"Where are your friends?" she asked. You didn't know if she was planning on making that sound offensive or not, but it seemed like she did. You shrugged your shoulders to make it seem like you didn't really care about it and that you weren't actually overthinking.

 

"You don't know where your friends are?" she cocked an eyebrow at you.

 

"I do, but I don't get why you're asking me all of these questions." you replied back, emotionless. You weren't trying to be rude nor mean, you were actually trying to sound nice, but you saw how tense she got when you said that and you sort of regretted it. 

 

"Jongin and Kyungsoo are both not here?" she asked one last time, you were getting sick of all of her questions.

 

"I believe those are the only friends that I have," you replied. Did I just put myself down?

 

She smirked, "Do you perhaps want to sit with us, today?"

 

You glanced over at Cho Hee and the other girl that Cho Hee was talking to, honestly, you didn't want to go anywhere nea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter