Chapter 12

The Consequences of Loving Him
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

→ A U T H O R

 

 

The past couple days past by like it was a second, and you were actually surprised with how it was already a week later after Jongin's injury. 

 

It was Wednesday, and Jongin had returned to school on Monday. Girls all around the school would try their best to please him, make him happy, push his wheelchair for him, or hold his stuff. It burned you inside right to your core, because you knew that Jongin didn't need all that pampering. In fact, you wanted to be the one that pampered him. No one else.

 

All week, the teachers have been scolding at students for not studying. Telling them that Final Exams were coming up, constantly reminding them and bugging them about it. How can we forget, when you constantly remind us? you thought to yourself. 

 

You had to admit, though, you were pretty upset that you spent most of your time with Jongin. Your school academics were really important to you, not as important as Jongin, but still important. You wanted more than anything to take back the time you had wasted and actually use it to study. If only you could turn back time, huh?

 

You frowned at the thought of wasting your time, and then you realized that at the very moment, that was exactly what you were doing. Wasting time. You quickly looked back down at the notebook and tried to take in all of the notes, but it was just too much for you to handle. You felt yourself growing a massive headache.

 

Right when you were about to get up and go to Jongin and Kyungsoo's dorm, you heard your phone ring. You quickly grabbed your phone to see an unknown number, and you were trying to quickly debate on whether you should let it ring or pick it up.

 

After several rings, you decided that it wouldn't hurt to pick up. You slid the arrow on your phone to answer the call, and pressed the phone to your ear. "Yeoboseyo?"

 

"Yeoboseyo, is this Minhee?" you heard the feminine voice. You were kind of hoping that it would be Jongin trying to prank call you, but nope, this was definitely a woman's voice. You couldn't make out who it was, so you were kind of worried that it might be the school administrator calling you to ask you why you had skipped school Friday.

 

"Yeah, that's me. Who is this?" you asked. Please don't be the school adminstrator, please don't be the school adminstrator.

 

"It's Hye Ri." you heard, which made you nearly drop your phone.

 

You quickly held your phone to year ear again, "Oh, Hye Ri. Hello, I-I don't mean to sound rude. But why're you calling?" 

 

"Ah, I actually I was wondering if we could meet up so I can talk to you about something."

 

"Oh, meet up? Sure, why not. When do you want to meet up?"

 

"Is it okay if we meet up, now? At the Cafe down town?" 

 

You guessed that that was around where Hye Ri lived, because down town was a little bit far away from where you were,  "Down town's a little bit far away from here, but yeah. I'll be down there in around 20 minutes." 

 

"Thanks, see you there." Hye Ri hung up the phone. You were wondering how she had gotten your number, and why she even wanted to see you. So many questions were roaming around that little head of yours, so many questions that were soon to be answered.

 

 

Hye Ri sat in the Cafe, waiting for you patiently. It was around 7:15pm, and she had been waiting there since 6:50pm. She was a little disappointed that you were late, but she didn't blame you because you did tell her that it was a little bit far away from where you were, and she was the one that called you out at the very last minute.

 

She was just grateful that you had even agreed to come and meet her up here.

 

When she saw your figure walk in, she quickly stood up and waved. You waved back and smiled, you felt a little bit bad for being late, but since you took the bus, you couldn't exactly control how fast or slow the driver could go. 

 

"Annyeonghaseyo," you smiled and bowed at her. 

 

She bowed back and smiled as the both of you took a seat.

 

"Are you going to order anything? I'll pay," Hye Ri offered.

 

"Oh no, it's fine. I'll pay for my own drink." you told her, but she insisted on paying for you. In the end, she ended up paying and you ended up feeling guilty.

 

"So why exactly did you want to talk to me?" you asked politely.

 

Hye Ri took in a breath, here goes nothing. "You are Jongin's best friend, right?" 

 

You nodded your head. 

 

"And you've known each other for how long?"

 

"Since third grade," you replied, flatly. You had no idea where this conversation was going, and you didn't want to know.

 

"I feel a little bit bothersome for throwing a bunch of questions at you," Hye Ri muttered.

 

"Oh no, it's fine. Continue your questions,"

 

"Has he ever had a girlfriend?" Hye Ri asked.

 

You mentally slapped yourself, you should've known. You had taken the bus, left your house from studying, and went all the way downtown just so Hye Ri could talk to you about Jongin? Although you had no problem with her talking to you about Jongin, you really had no idea why she would. Does she like him?

 

"No, not that I know of." you finally answered.

 

"Okay, I'm just going to come right out and say it," Hye Ri stated. You nodded at her, gesturing her to continue on.

 

"I like Jongin, a lot." you felt the words literally jab you right in the chest.

 

"I was going to talk to Kyungsoo about it, but I was pretty sure that you would understand a lot better than Kyungsoo, since you're a girl and all. I really want to tell Jongin that I like him, and I want to be his girlfriend, but knowing that he's never had a girlfriend makes me worried that he won't be able to do all those sweet romantic things with me, and I really need your help," Hye Ri said, almost all in one breath.

 

You tried to take in everything she was saying, and you couldn't believe that she actually liked the guy that you loved. You knew that Cho Hee liked Jongin, but now Hye Ri, too? Oh jeez, not this again. Does she even know that I like Jongin? 

 

"I want to help you, really, but I have no idea what Jongin likes in a girl." Liar. I am such a bad liar. I know everything that he likes in a girl. 

 

You knew that Jongin liked girls that were kind and gentle, you knew that he liked girls with medium, black, and straight hair. You knew that Jongin wanted a girl who would care for him, just as much as he would care for her.

 

He wanted to be pampered by the girl, but he also wanted the girl to be pampered by him. He basically wanted an equal relationship, and he wanted the girl to know how to cook. He wanted to spend the day with his girlfriend, baking things and completely failing at it, and watch her get frustrated at trying to teach him. He might've even just pretended to not understand just to see her frustrated.

 

He wanted a girl who wouldn't get mad easily, so that he could . He wanted a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter