Chapter 5

The Consequences of Loving Him
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

→ A U T H O R 

 

"Had a good sleep?" Kyungsoo asked you in first period, you nodded. You forgot to call both him and Jongin last night, which made the both of them worry, and made you feel guilty.

 

"You never called," Jongin sighed.

 

"Oh, right. I apologize, I was tired and thinking, and I just kind of fell asleep," you muttered. Thinking about you.

 

"Well, next time, remember to call us. That really worried me, I was going to go back to your dorm, but it was late and if you were asleep, I didn't want to bother." Jongin pouted.

 

You laughed and messed up his hair, "I'm sorry. Next time."

 

"I hate when people touch my hair," Jongin said as he removed your hand and fixed his hair. You rolled your eyes at him and just smiled, you knew that today was going to be a long day.

 

Your stomach was still doing that stupid butterfly thing whenever you saw Jongin, and the fact that you had all of your classes with him didn't help. Day by day, it was getting so much harder for you to concentrate in class. You would daze off, or even just stare at Jongin like a lunatic.

 

But, Jongin wouldn't notice. He was too busy doing whatever he was doing, and Kyungsoo would sometimes look over and snap you out of it.

 

"Are you insane? Don't look at him like that, he'll catch you." Kyungsoo would say, but you didn't care.

 

 

-  -  -

 

 

It was Friday, and you, Jongin, and Kyungsoo decided to go out for a little bit. Your curfew was ten 'o clock, and it was currently four. 

 

"Where do you guys want to go, today?" Kyungsoo asked, inhaling and adoring the beautiful sunny day.

 

"I heard there's a new coffee place around the corner, wanna go?" Jongin smiled. Flawless.

 

The three of you loved coffee, but the school didn't sell coffee, nor anything that had caffeine in it. They wanted their students to be healthy or whatever, which didn't make sense to you since they sold unhealthy food in the lunch lines.

 

"I'd love to," you finally replied. Kyungsoo noddded, "Whatever Minhee wants."

 

The three of you walked around the corner in your school uniforms, finally arriving at the coffee shop. The coffee shop was a nice little place with warm sugar brown walls, making the place look smaller than it already was. It was a nice place, and the aroma of sweet coffee filled up the shop.

 

"How may I help you?" the young waitress came by, she was smiling brightly and she was beautiful. Wow, insecurities. 

 

"It's our first time here, do you have a menu?" Jongin asked politely. Perfect. Everything. Everything about him was perfect to you, and you just didn't get it. It was like once you've fallen in love with him, you accepted all of his flaws so everything was just pure perfection to you.

 

"Here you go," the waitress smiled as she came back with three menus. "Thank you!" the three of you said in unison, making her chuckle. "How old are you guys?" she asked as you guys were looking through the menus.

 

"We're still in Highschool," Kyungsoo replied. "I noticed your uniforms," she smiled. Jongin and you were sitting on one side of the booth, as Kyungsoo was sitting on the other side.

 

Jongin put his arm around your shoulder, which made you flinch. Your heart was racing, and you could hear it loud and clear. Thump. Thump. Thump. Each heart beat getting louder and faster by the second, making you curse yourself in your head, hoping that Jongin couldn't hear a thing. You hated when he made skinship with you, because it would make you light-headed.

 

"Do you want to share a drink with me?" Jongin whispered in your ear, which sent chills down your whole entire body. You shivered, and stuttered, unable to say anything. You just nodded.

 

He smiled, "What do you want to drink?" You looked over at him, and you realized how close his face was to yours. Your eyes met for a second and you quickly looked away, your body felt warm. "You choose for me." you replied.

 

"I'll take a Hazelnut Macchiato, medium sized." Kyungsoo smiled as he handed the menu back to the waitress.

 

"Alright, and what are you two lovebirds ordering?" she smiled sweetly at you and Jongin. The word 'lovebirds' made you almost jump out of your seat, Kyungsoo seeing you so tensed made him chuckle, he had never seen you so scared of every little thing. It was all because Jongin's arm was around your shoulder.

 

"They're not dating." Kyungsoo said, making your heart sink a little. 

 

"We're friends," Jongin assured, this time, your heart really did sink to the pit of your stomach. You felt like throwing up, your face pale. That word, friends, that's when you knew that that's all you'll ever be to Jongin, a friend.

 

"Oh, really? I'm sorry, I just assumed that you guys were dating, I'm so sorr-"

 

"No, no, no! It's okay, don't apologize. Everyone thinks we're dating," Jongin smiled.

 

Yeah, but we're not. 

 

"I'll take a caramel frappucino, large." Jongin replied.

 

"Is that all for today, anything for you?" the waitress smiled at you, which made you flinch again.

 

"We're sharing," Jongin explained. 

 

"Oh, alright. It's coming right up!" the waitress said as she collected the rest of the menus and walked off.

 

 

-  -  -

 

 

When the waitress gave you guys your coffee, Jongin poked one straw into the drink. "Have the first sip," he offered. "I'm not that thirsty." you replied, truthfully. "Come on, drink it." he said as he put his arm around your shoulders, again. 

 

Kyungsoo stared at the both of you, drinking his Hazelnut Macc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter