Chapter 33

The Consequences of Loving Him
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

→ A U T H O R

 

 

You took Jongin's arms off of you, looking up at him. "You know, I kinda don't mind being locked up with you all day," you admitted.

 

Jongin let out a cheeky smile, "Same." he said.

 

"Are they dating, yet?" you could hear Luhan asking Kyungsoo.

 

"I don't know, everything's too quiet.." Kyungsoo muttered.

 

You and Jongin giggled, and the both of you quickly tip-toed into Luhan's closet, hiding. 

 

"Let's go check in on them?" Kyungsoo asked. 

 

The both of you restrained yourselves from giggling as you heard the door creak open, and heard footsteps entering the room.

 

"Where'd they go?" Luhan asked.

 

"Did they jump out of the windo-"

 

"BOO!" you and Jongin both screamed and jumped out at the same time. Kyungsoo let out a girly shriek as Luhan jumped back a little, clutching at his chest.

 

"Yah! What is this!" Luhan shouted.

 

"Payback!" you shouted back. You and Jongin high-fived and giggled and you saw Kyungsoo smirking.

 

"So, you guys are all good?" Kyungsoo asked.

 

"Not quite." you laughed. "But we're okay." you said.

 

"What do you mean we're okay? You're my girlfriend, aren't you?" Jongin asked.

 

"I never gave you my answer.." you . 

 

It was fun to tease Jongin, because you knew how childish he could be.

 

"W-wait. But y-you.." Jongin stuttered. He felt a little bit disappointed, and you smirked.

 

"I'm your girlfriend." you nodded. You saw how Jongin lightened up a little bit and laughed, and Kyungsoo and Luhan looked at each other knowingly.

 

"Finally." Kyungsoo breathed out. "What took you so long, idiot?" Kyungsoo punched Jongin's arm. 

 

Jongin frowned and rubbed his arm. 

 

"You and Jongin should go back to your place and talk things out," Kyungsoo offered.

 

"And where will you be?" you asked.

 

Kyungsoo shrugged, "Here. I'm sure I can handle third-wheeling with Luhan and Mayli." Kyungsoo said. 

 

"You're sure?" you asked, again. "I don't want to do that to you."

 

"Do you know how long I've been waiting for you and Jongin to finally confess to each other? Oh my god, just go!" Kyungsoo pushed you a little bit.

 

 

*

 

 

You and Jongin sat down next to each other. You brought him to one of the nearest bubble tea places that you knew of, and ordered his favorite flavor. 

 

"Can I know how you got my address?" you asked Jongin, as the both of you were waiting for the bubble tea to come.

 

"Minho." Jongin admitted, looking at his fingers. "You know, I really owe it to him." 

 

"So my oppa put you up to this?" you scoffed. "I should've known."

 

Jongin laughed. "How long have you liked me?" he asked. His curiosity took over, and he blurted out the question. You were quite shocked at how straight-forward he was, but then again, Jongin was the straight-forward type.

 

"Maybe 8th grade?" you wondered. "It's been awhile, really." you said.

 

"Ah, that long?" Jongin frowned. He felt guilty.

 

In 8th grade, he really had no idea that you liked him. It was only until around the beginning of Senior year that he started picking up the clues, and then he realized that he had liked you all this time, as well.

 

"How long have you liked me?" you asked back. Now it was your time to be curious.

 

Jongin smiled a little, "I don't know. It just kinda happened." 

 

"So, not that long?" you wondered.

 

Jongin nodded his head, and he saw you frowning a bit. Jongin frowned along with you but then tried to cheer you up.

 

"But what matters now is that I like you, right?" Jongin asked.

 

You nodded.

 

"Bubble tea's here." you mumbled as the waitress came with your orders. She gave you both a smile and set down your bubble tea.

 

"Are you guys a couple?" she asked you in Mandarin.

 

At first, you were about to shake your head. But then you remembered that Jongin had just asked you to be his girlfriend, and you proudly nodded. It was going to take awhile for you to finally get used to all of this.

 

In fact, you weren't even sure if you were ever going to get used to it. It seemed like all these years, you had been chasing and chasing. Now that you finally got what you wanted, it just felt so surreal.

 

"You guys suit each other very well." the waitress smiled before she left.

 

You blushed a little bit and took a sip out of your bubble tea. Jongin shifted awkwardly in his seat as he saw the crimson color on your face. "What'd she say?" he asked.

 

"She said we suited each other well." you told him.

 

Then, you saw Jongin's face becoming crimson red. The both of you sipped your bubble tea awkwardly, and every now and then, you would look up at him to see that his stare was focused entirely on you.

 

"Why are you looking at me like that?" you asked.

 

Jongin smiled, "Because I can't believe this is actually happening." he answered. 

 

"What?" you wondered.

 

"You. You're finally my girlfriend. Do you know how many days I've sat at home, wondering when I'll be able to call you my girlfriend? I've thought of the stupidest ways to confess to you," he admitted. You felt your heart skip a couple of beats.

 

"I thought that I would never build up enough confidence to. But when I came to Beijing, I realized that I had to do it one way or the other." Jongin said.

 

"Stop," you told him. You were smiling like mad. "You're not the Jongin I know." you said.

 

"I know I'm not usually the type to express my feelings, but I'm just really happy." Jongin said. "Am I scaring you?" he laughed.

 

"No," you shook your head. The both of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter