Chapter 26

The Consequences of Loving Him
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's Note: 

I didn't really have time to edit and I didn't want to leave you guys waiting because of the cliffhanger.

So yeah, here's the unedited second part! 

I lost a subscriber...): 

 

→ A U T H O R

 

 

Tears filling your eyes, your heart hurting, your palms sweating, knees trembling, body shaking, and the lump in your throat slowly becoming bigger and bigger. Your head was spinning around and around, and you had literally no words to explain how horrible you were feeling.

 

"I want to go home, right now." you told Kyungsoo.

 

Kyungsoo, seeing the tears in your eyes, was in complete utter shock. Just a minute ago, you left with the most determined look on your face, and then before you could even get within five feet close to Jongin, you turned back around and cried. Is she really that scared to confess to him?

 

"H-hey, why are you crying?" Kyungsoo stammered, pulling you into a hug. Even though he didn't know the reason behind your tears, comforting you was always the first thing he knew he had to do.

 

"J-Jong-" you sniffled, unable to continue. More tears falling. You just couldn't believe it. You were glad that you had stopped yourself from seeing what happened next, because you were pretty sure that you didn't want to know.

 

"Jongin?" Kyungsoo asked, in which you only nodded and continued to cry harder, almost collasping.

 

"Cho H-Hee." you stuttered, your whole body cringed at her name and more tears threatened to fall.

 

"Jongin and Cho Hee?" Kyungsoo asked, again. You nodded. 

 

"Th-they-" 

 

"They're coming towards us?" Kyungsoo asked. Before you could nod your head, you realized what Kyungsoo had said and you started to make a run for it.

 

"Minhee, wait!" Kyungsoo called after you.

 

He ran after you as fast as his two legs could take him, and you ran even faster. You continued to violenty cry and let the tears fall as you felt your legs becoming numb and your control on your legs slowly slipped away as you fell down into the sand.

 

Kyungsoo hurriedly ran up to you and bent down next to you, "Stop.."

 

"Don't ever do that, again." he panted.

 

"Kyungsoo," you cried. "Please, let me go home." 

 

"Why?" Kyungsoo dared to ask.

 

"I-I don't..I can't do this. Not anymore, not again." you cried. "Please, Kyungsoo."

 

"What about Jongin?" Kyungsoo asked cautiously.

 

You cried even harder hearing his name, and you fell onto your knees, holding your stomach. "P-please."

 

Kyungsoo sighed and looked behind him, seeing that Jongin was no longer behind him, he nodded, "Okay, let's go." 

 

Without another word, the both of you walked to the car and you got into the passenger seat. You pulled up your knees and hugged it, burying your face into your knees.

 

"How c-could he?" you bit your knee. "He said t-that he'd wa-ait." 

 

"What?" Kyungsoo wondered.

 

"T-they k-kissed. He said that h-he'd never go f-for someone l-like her."

 

Kyungsoo's heart fell when he heard your words, "He wasted his kiss on Cho Hee?"

 

You nodded and cried some more, which made Kyungsoo instantly wrap his arms around you.

 

"Hey, don't cry. I'm gonna take you home, okay?" Kyungsoo squeezed your hand. You nodded your head.

 

 

*

 

 

After Kyungsoo drove you home to your house and explained everything to your mother, your mother decided to make soup for you and told you to take a shower.

 

You felt like a heavy brick, and you practically dragged yourself all around the place. You were devastated. You truly believed with all of your heart that you'd be the first person to kiss Jongin. You'd be the one that he would hold. But now, it was all clear to you that that was just a mere fantasy.

 

You always thought about stuff in the shower, like, the future. You would usually do all of your planning and thinking in the shower. As crazy as that sounded, it was actually normal because you knew you weren't the only one that did it.

 

You came out of the shower and had your soup, sitting on the couch. Although you've managed to stop your tears and stop yourself from crying, there was no doubt that you still felt horrible on the inside.

 

"Do you feel any better?" Kyungsoo asked, checking the time.

 

"No." you whispered, plunging the spoon-full of soup into your mouth.

 

"Do you think I should go pick him up?" Kyungsoo asked you.

 

"He could take a bus." you shrugged. "Whatever pleases him."

 

"Minhee, let's talk about this." Kyungsoo sighed and took the soup away from you, feeding you.

 

You crossed your arms, "There's nothing to talk about, anymore. I'm done with him." 

 

"You say that, but your heart says differently." 

 

"Yeah, but maybe if I tell myself that I'm done with him, I'll finally convince myself." you said.

 

Kyungsoo sighed, "Minhee, I don't know what else to say."

 

"Don't say anything, then." you stubbornly replied.

 

After some silence, and some long thinking, you finally decided what you really wanted to do.

 

"I'm going to Beijing. That's my final decision." you stated.

 

"Beijing?" Kyungsoo's eyes rounded.

 

"Come with me." you shrugged. "Or not. Whatever."

 

"Oh, I'm definitely coming with you." Kyungsoo got up. "But, are you sure you wan-"

 

"I want to, Kyungsoo." you cut him off.

 

"But your mom, and my stuff, and plane tickets?" Kyungsoo started to panick.

 

"I'll go ask my mom to get me two plane tickets and you can go get your stuff from your house." you said, nonchalantly.

 

"What about Jongin? We're just going to leave him?" Kyungsoo asked.

 

"We'll come back. Maybe by then, he'll be deeply in love with Cho He-"

 

"Finish your soup." Kyungsoo purposely cut you off by plunging the spoon into your mouth.

 

 

*

 

 

"Mom?" you knocked on your mother's door. She quickly opened it, and you saw your father sitting down at his desktop, typing away. 

 

"I-I-" you stuttered.

 

"Hush, I hav

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter