Chapter 14

The Consequences of Loving Him
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

→ A U T H O R

 

 

"That jerk face almost kissed her," Jongin explained to Kyungsoo about the whole entire situation that had happened on Saturday. It was already Monday morning, and you had been ignoring the both of them since Saturday. Even though it has only been two days, Jongin and Kyungsoo were both worrying about you nonstop.

 

"It's all his fault, I swear, I should've stayed back and punched him in the gut or somethi-"

 

"Wait- hold on," Kyungsoo said, cutting Jongin off. "Where were you when all of this was happening?"

 

"I was dancing with Cho Hee, and she would not let me leave. It was like I was stuck in some sort of hell chamber for the rest of my life, it was awful." Jongin replied with an annoyed voice.

 

Kyungsoo felt a little rush of regret taking over his body, if only he was there to protect you, if only he was there to witness it all and to stop Kim Jonghyun, if only. 

 

"I knew I should've gone," Kyungsoo pouted.

 

"But you didn't, and what matters now is the present, not the past." Jongin said sternly. He was obviously pissed off, and he couldn't control his rage. Jongin usually never gets upset, especially not this upset. He was usually always calm and laid back.

 

"You should've watched after her, then. Her first kiss means a lot more to her than you think, especially since she's saving it for-" Kyungsoo stopped himself before he could go any further and reveal your secret to Jongin. It was getting harder and harder each and every day for Kyungsoo to keep it a secret, but somehow, he managed to.

 

"For who?" Jongin noticed the little pause that Kyungsoo made.

 

Kyungsoo stayed silent, his brain wasn't able to function properly because he was that close to revealing everything. "No one, I mean, she's saving it for someone special." Kyungsoo escaped. Thank goodness, that was way too close. 

 

Jongin nodded, 100% believing Kyungsoo, especially since you and Jongin had talked about saving your first kiss, make outs, and ities on that special 'someone.' 

 

 

*

 

 

You walked into your first period class, not even looking at anyone. You took your seat and walked right past Kyungsoo and Jongin, who were both looking at you with concerned eyes which you weren't able to notice because you had your eyes glued to your sneakers.

 

You sat down and changed your gaze to your fingers. You played with your fingers and tried as hard as possible to not look up at Jongin and Kyungsoo, who were giving you stares that you could feel piercing right into your heart. They were both worried. No phone calls, no text messages, not even a word, and you didn't even come to their dorm early this morning, they knew that was a sign that you were upset.

 

Jongin looked at Kyungsoo, who nodded at him knowingly. Kyungsoo was trying to reassure Jongin that everything was going to be fine, and that they needed to give you time to tell them what was wrong, but Jongin didn't seem to be hinting it. Instead, Jongin got up and walked over to you, poking your side. You looked up at him with a strong glare, almost piercing right through his beating heart.

 

"What?" you breathed out, emotionless. Not even a simple smile that you would used to give him, not even a soft glance. Just a plain and simple, 'what.' with an ever so evil glare. Jongin was definitely hurt. 

 

"Is there something wrong?" Jongin asked.

 

You shook your head, knowing that you were lying to not only yourself, but the love of your life.

 

"Is it that Jonghyun thing?" Jongin asked, even though he was positive that it was the Jonghyun thing.

 

"Nothing's wrong, leave me alone." you spat out. You felt your heart quench in pain, and you just wanted to burst into tears. You had just told the love of your life to leave you alone, and that was definitely something that was going to burn the both of your hearts, for a little while.

 

"I'm sorry." he apologized as he went back to his seat, the frown that he had remained on his face, and it stayed like that for the rest of the day. He was so confused, because he was so sure that you were okay after the party on the ride home. He didn't know what had happened, and he was determined to know.

 

 

It was lunch time, and just like you had asked him to, Jongin left you alone. You were sitting at the end of the table with Kyungsoo by your side, as Jongin took a seat that was a couple seats away from Kyungsoo. You frowned, is he really going to take it seriously? 

 

Kyungsoo noticed your uneasiness and frowned, "Don't worry about him. He's just- stupid." 

 

"He may be stupid, but I'm probably stupider." you added in and sighed. I have to fix this. 

 

You got up and walked over to where Jongin was sitting and sat down beside him, the both of you sat there, speechless. Silence filled the air, and Jongin remained where he was sitting. He wasn't going to leave, and neither were you. The both of you ate your lunch in silence as Kyungsoo watched you from the end of the table. What are they doing?

 

"Minhee," Jongin finally spoke up. You didn't turn your head, I can't look at him. I'll break. I know I will. 

 

"Jongin," you stated, still not looking at him.

 

"Remember when we were at Jonghyun's party?" Jongin asked. The thought of Jonghyun left you with chills all over your body, why is he even reminding you about it? Was he going to tease you? 

 

"Yeah, I do." you replied, a little hint of coldness in your voice.

 

"Remember at the beginning of the party, when we were talking and I said I needed to tell you something?" he reminded.

 

"Yes." you replied, and your voice softened. Jongin noticed how your voice softened and a little curve crept up in the corner of his lip.

 

"Meet me after school today, and I'll tell you." Jongin said. You frowned, why is he making me wait so long just to tell me something? Is it that important?

 

"Why?" you managed to ask.

 

"Just do it, okay?"

 

You nodded, "Arasso." 

 

 

*

 

 <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter