Chapter 13

The Consequences of Loving Him
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

→ A U T H O R

 

 

It was the day of the Final Exam, and you were in Science Class. Science was one of the subjects that you absolutely at. Jongin, however, was a genius when it came to Science. You  were sitting in your desk, clicking your pen and tapping your feet. You couldn't concentrate on anything.

 

You were deep into thought, thinking about things. You knew that you had studied for this, so you didn't get why everything was so hard. Why can't I focus on anything? 

 

You glanced over at Jongin, noticing that he was looking at you and whispering your name the whole entire time. You quickly looked at his lips and saw him mouth, "Here."

 

You took the note and opened it up, seeing that it had all of the answers to the test on it, and you smiled. You knew that if Jongin and you got caught, it'd immediately mean either detention, suspension or even a zero on both your tests, but at the moment, you didn't care. You were happy to know that he had thought about you and actually took time to do something so thoughtful.

 

You glanced over at him, and he was already back to writing down answers on the test. You smiled to yourself and copied down the answers, your heart was failing you at the moment.

 

 

 

*

 

 

 

You were walking to your dorm with Jongin and Kyungsoo, when you felt two arms wrap around you from behind. You looked up to see that it was Kyungsoo, giving you a goofy smile that you loved. 

 

"Let go of me, idiot." you joked as you unwrapped his arms from you. His hugs didn't feel like Jongin's, so it was new to you. You and Kyungsoo rarely hugged, but when you did, it gave you a different feeling. 

 

"Rejecting your best friend? I see how it is," he frowned as he crossed his arms. 

 

"I-I'm sorry, don't be mad at me!" you frowned as you ran into his arms and wrapped your arms around him. It was a nice brother-sister, best friend moment. 

 

You glanced over at Jongin and noticed that he being quiet and deep into thought, you wondered what he was thinking about so you poked him in the cheek. Jongin jumped at your touch and you flinched.

 

"Why so tense, Jongin?" Kyungsoo smirked.

 

"Just thinking," Jongin muttered to himself.

 

"About?" you smiled as you poked him, again.

 

He chuckled, grabbing your finger and biting it. "It's a secret." 

 

You frowned and pulled your finger away, wiping it on his shirt. 

 

The three of you arrived at your dorm, and you threw yourself onto your couch. You let out a long sigh and stared up at the ceiling. Jongin noticed and he sat down on the couch next to you. "Something bothering you?"

 

You shook your head, "Not exactly. I just feel really guilty."

 

"Why? Because I gave you all the answers on the Science test?" he smirked.

 

"Yes! Jongin! What if you failed and I failed with you? And Mrs.Kim realizes that we have the same exact answers? Or worse, what if there were secret cameras and they saw that? Or what if someone saw us passing no-"

 

"Hold on, you cheated?" Kyungsoo's eyes widened, interrupting your sentence.

 

You and Jongin both nodded. "It's all your fault!" you pointed at Jongin.

 

"How's it my fault?" Jongin laughed. His laugh made you just fall back in love with him and lose all your anger and guilt. Dammit, Jongin. Stop.

 

"I can't believe that the goody-two-shoes Choi Minhee actually cheated!" Kyungsoo laughed.

 

"Yeah, yeah. Don't get used to it." you scoffed.

 

"I felt pretty bad for distracting you from studying, so is it bad that I gave you the answers?" Jongin cocked an eyebrow at you.

 

"It's not bad that you gave me the answers, it's bad if we got caught." you mumbled.

 

Jongin got up from the couch and grabbed both of your hands, he pulled you up and looked at you directly in the eyes. You gulped and stiffened, we're so close to each other's face. You couldn't help but glance down at his lips and look up back at him in the eyes.

 

"We're. Not. Going. To. Fail. I won't let us." he smiled as he let go of you and walked over to Kyungsoo. You let out the breath that you were holding and put a hand over your heart, feeling it beat rapidly against your chest. 

 

I won't let us.

 

I won't let us.

 

I won't let us.

 

Those words seem to have a different meaning behind them, and you didn't know what it meant. 

 

 

*

 

 

It was Saturday, and you were dressed up nicely for Cho Hee's party. You decided that you would go, just so that you could see Jonghyun, again. You guys kept in touch after the break-up, but ever since he left for College, it felt like you didn't know him.

 

It probably wouldn't hurt to go to your ex's birthday party, right? What could go wrong?

 

You made your way over to Jongin and Kyungsoo's dorm, and you used the spare key that they had to open up the door. You could hear the both of their loud snores come from the bedroom, and you walked in quietly to make sure you wouldn't wake them up.

 

You hopped onto Kyungsoo's bed first, knowing that Jongin didn't like to be woken up. "Kyungsoo! Kyungsoo! Kyungsoo!" you yelled over and over and over, again. Kyungsoo opened one of his eyes to see that it was just you, "What're you doing here? It's Saturday."

 

"I always come here Saturday." you flicked him. 

 

Kyungsoo sat up and hugged his knees, rubbing his eyes and stretching. "Go get ready, I'm taking you guys somewhere." you smiled at him.

 

"But it's only morning," Kyungsoo whined.

 

"It's 4pm." you stated.

 

"Is it really?!" Kyungsoo's eyes shot open. He quickly got out of bed and ran around the dorm.

 

"It can't be 4pm! It can't be! I don't usually sleep-in, oh my god, why did I sleep in?!" Kyungsoo said as he ran around the room, picking up dirty clothes and throwing it into the laundry basket.

 

"Why are you freaking out?!" you started freaking out with him.

 

"I have to clean up the house! I have to make food! I hav-"

 

"No, you have to get ready and go somewhere with me." you corrected him.

 

"Take Jongin with you!" Kyungsoo yelled as he ran out of the room. You sighed, I guess Kyungsoo's not going. It's just me, Jongin, and Hye Ri. 

 

You walked over to Jongin's bed and sat down. You wanted to wake him up, but a side of you told you that you should just stay there and stare at him for just a little bit.

 

Is this weird? To just stare at Jongin sleeping? Maybe I'm becoming a little bit insane. Do you see what you do to me, Jongin? You make me insane.

 

You ran your hand through his hair and smiled at how soft it was, you noticed him scrunching his nose and you laughed. You grabbed one of his hands and tugged at it, "Jongin-ah. Wake up." 

 

He didn't move.

 

"Jongin, I need you to go somewhere with me."

 

Still no movement.

 

"Jongin!" you cried and slapped him. This time, he opened up one eye and stared at you, then closed it again.

 

"If you don't wake up, I'll poor cold water on you." you threatened. 

 

"You wouldn't." Jongin muttered. You noticed the little smirk forming on his face, but his eyes were still closed.

 

"Are you challenging me?" you smirked back.

 

"No," he replied.

 

"Get up." you stated one last time.

 

He obeyed you and sat up, he had bed-head and his eyes were squinted. You laughed at how cute he looked whenever he woke up in the morning. 

 

"Get up, lazy ." you said as you pulled him out of bed. He stood up, and that was when you noticed the huge height difference between the both of you, again. It made you feel so powerless against him.

 

"Why are you dressed like that?" he asked, blinking his eyes rapidly.

 

"We're going somewhere." you stated.

 

"We?"

 

"We."

 

"Where are we going?"

 

"A party, so get ready."  you said as you started shoving him into the bathroom.

 

"W-wait! Who's party?" he shouted before you could close the door on him.

 

"Cho Hee's brother, Jonghyun's." you replied.

 

Jongin felt himself getting a little bit unsteady inside. He remembered Jonghyun, he remembered seeing you so upset over that guy back in the 11th grade. He remembered having to drive you to Jonghyun's house all the time, and he remembered hearing you poor your emotions about Jonghyun to Kyungsoo. 

 

"I just really, really, like him." you said.

 

"And when are you going to tell him that?" Kyungsoo asked.

 

Jongin was standing behind the wall, listening to your conversation with Kyungsoo. Although no names were mentioned, he was assuming that you were talking about Jonghyun because the both of you were dating at the moment.

 

"I don't need to tell him. I'm keeping it to myself," you said stubbornly.

 

At the moment, Jongin was asking himself questions. Questions like, why would you need to tell him about your feelings, if Jonghyun and you were already dating? It made no sense to him.

 

"He's going to find out someday," Kyungsoo replied back.

 

"Someday, but not anytime around this day." you said.

 

Jongin thought about it for a moment, did you like someone else? Was it that you didn't like Jonghyun, but you actually liked another guy and you didn't know what to do? 

 

 

Jongin would always wonder to himself about that moment, wondering who you were talking about. It was unlike you to like a guy, because he's only remembered you dating this other kid back in the 9th grade, Byun Baekhyun. At random times, he would think back and wonder to himself who you were talking about and why you never talked to him about your guy problems.

 

Was he not trustworthy? Was Kyungsoo the person that you trusted more?

 

 

*

 

 

"Who are you calling?" Jongin asked. The both of you were currently driving to the party, and he was sitting in the passenger's seat since he wasn't able to drive. 

 

"Why does it matter?" you asked, holding your phone to your ear and driving with one hand.

 

Jongin snatched your phone from your ear and put on speaker, he was not letting himself die, nor was he going to let you die with him.

 

"You can't drive and talk on the phone at the same time! I want to live to see my childr- no, I want to live to see my grandchildren!" Jongin exclaimed.

 

You chuckled, "Whatever."

 

And just like it was on cue, Hye Ri picked up. "Yeoboseyo?"

 

"Hey, it's me. Are you up for going to party, today?" you asked.

 

"What time?" Hye Ri asked.

 

"Right now," you replied.

 

"Ah, sorry. I can't. I'm already attending another party," Hye Ri said. She felt a little bit guilty inside, and she knew that if she was going to go with you, she would've seen Jongin. But her step-brother's been planning this party for awhile, so she couldn't just miss it.

 

"It's alright, well, have fun at that party!" you said.

 

"Thanks. Sorry for not being able to go, I wish I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter