Chapter 27

The Consequences of Loving Him
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's Note: 

Don't hate me for making her go to Beijing, lol. (: 

I'm sorry for making you guys wait for your perfect happy-ending, but the ending is not quite here, yet. It's coming really soon, though. Really soon.

Oh, and I'm changing the "fluff" tag to "angst", because there's not much fluff in this story. :P 

THIS CHAPTER IS SHORT,  (get ready for whatever's about to come) I LOVE YOU GUYS.

 

→ A U T H O R

 

 

Jongin laid on his bed and looked up to the ceiling, a blank ceiling that had absolutely nothing there. Although there was nothing there, there was definitely a lot on his mind.

 

He stayed on the bed, motionless. He was confused, with himself, with others, and over all, his emotions.

 

People his age were going out, drinking, or happily in love with their girlfriend or boyfriend. He, however, hadn't even had his first girlfriend, yet. 

 

He was a grown man, just graduated out of Highschool. It hurt his pride seeing that some boys in Junior High were already experiencing things like first love, first kiss, and etc.

 

He laid on his bed, just thinking back at what had happened earlier in the day.

 

"Jongin-oppa!" Cho Hee called.

 

Jongin looked over at Cho Hee, and he suddenly felt irritated. Wasn't it clear to her that he was hanging out with his friends? Why does she always have to bother him like that?

 

"Can we talk for a second?" Cho Hee asked.

 

Jongin looked over at you and Kyungsoo, who were now walking away and drifting off into your own lands. Jongin wanted to be with you guys, but instead, he ended up nodding quietly.

 

The both of them started to walk around the beach a little bit in silence, which really bothered Jongin. It wasn't that he hated silence, but it was just because it resembled awkwardness. Since he had spent his whole life around you and Kyungsoo, there really was no awkwardness and he never really experienced it much.

 

"Hye Ri-unnie talked to me the other day," Cho Hee started off. "Although we don't get along much, she was actually crying." 

 

Jongin suddenly felt guilt take over him. He hadn't returned Hye Ri's phone calls or text messages in days. When he had to face her at dance practice, he would only dance with her in silence. Every time they had to do the part of where Jongin had to dip her, he would always accidentally lose balance a little bit. It was only then that he would mumble a small 'sorry' and then continue dancing, again. 

 

"Really? Why?" Jongin fake-coughed, which resulted into Cho Hee mentally scoffing in her head.

 

"You. It was because of you." she replied straight-forwardly.

 

Jongin panicked a bit, he wasn't really sure how to reply back. He hadn't really ever broken someone's heart before, and he didn't know how to deny Hye Ri's feelings.

 

He was a coward, that's what he was. He would run away from his problems, not face them.

 

He was far too innocent to know what to do. He's never experienced love, he's never known what it's like to have butterflies or to have your heart beat constantly when you hear that person's name. Was this God's punishment for him? A punishment of not being able to experience love? Didd he not deserve such a thing?

 

"I'm only doing this for my unnie's sake, and I know you probably don't have feelings for her. But I know who you have feelings for, and I'm just warning you, if you don't make a move, you'll end up never forgiving yourself." Cho Hee warned.

 

Jongin was in shock, his eyes rounded ever so innocently and he just blinked at the younger girl that was standing in front of him. What was her problem? Why was she all of a sudden coming out with all of this to him?

 

"I don't understand exactly what you're trying to tell me." Jongin replied, slowly.

 

Cho Hee smiled, "That's your problem. You're too oblivious." 

 

"W-what?" Jongin croaked. He felt a little bit vulnerable when he saw Cho Hee smile, because it was rather more of an evil and dominant one rather than an innocent and pure one that other girls would usually have.

 

"Minhee, your best friend? I'm about to spill her little secret to you," Cho Hee said. 

 

Jongin's eyes widened, "Y-yah! What are you talking about? Why are you spilling other people's secrets? Don't you know better than to meddle into other's bussiness?" 

 

Cho Hee scoffed, "Trust me, oppa. You'd want to know this secret." 

 

Jongin backed up a little bit, not sure as of what to do. He was having second-thoughts. One side of him was telling him to simply walk away, but that'd make him look like a coward. The other side was telling him to stay and listen to her, because he was actually interested in what your secret was.

 

You and him were best friends, how could you have kept a secret from him? And more importantly, how could Cho Hee have gotten ahold of that secret, and not him? 

 

"She loves you, more than a friend should." Cho Hee spilled it out.

 

Jongin gulped a little. Maybe he already knew that secret. If that was your so-called secret, he had already de-coded it a long time ago. It was no secret to him. 

 

"Thanks for telling me that," Jongin mumbled. "But I already know." 

 

This made Cho Hee's eyes widen, "You already know, and you're treating her this way? Is this some habit of yours? Denying a girl's feelings by simply ignoring it? My unnie may not be as special to you, but this is Minhee we're talking about. Everyone knows that you guys are best friends. If you've known her feelings for you, then why didn't you do anything about it? You're just leading her on." 

 

Jongin's blinked, once, twice, and gulped, "Maybe because I don't have feelings for her."

 

His throat went dry and his body went numb. How could he lie so easily?

 

Cho Hee sat down in the sand and scoffed, "I don't get you. If you don't have feelings for her, why in the world would you lead her on like that? Your actions are obviously making her think that she might have a chance with you and it's giving her hope. Why are you leading her on, when you know she has feelings for you?" 

 

"Why are you trying to solve someone else's problems, when it was never yours to begin with?" Jongin shot back. 

 

He had answers to Cho Hee's questions, but he wasn't ready to open up to her just yet. In fact, he was just about to storm off and leave it just at that. If he didn't get enough answers from her, why should he give her enough answers from him?

 

"I'm only trying to solve Minhee's problems because she is the pr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter