Chapter 18

The Consequences of Loving Him
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

→ Y I X I N G

 

 

No, it can't be her. My stomach stirred as I carefully watched the figure approach me. I was more than scared, actually, I was probably terrified at the moment. My knees were wobbling, my heart was rapidly beating, my palms were sweating. All the symptoms of nervousness. 

 

After all these years, after ten good years, why would she be here? Out of all places, out of all people, why would she be here? 

 

"Yixing! It's really you!" Minhee cried out as she wrapped her arms around me. It took my by surprise, but I didn't hesitate to pull her in and wrap my arms back around her. I guess it really is her.

 

"Yeah, it is." I smiled.

 

"Why are you here?" was the only question that I could ask at the moment. Maybe it sounded rude, but it was a question that I yearned an answer for. 

 

Minhee let go of me, and she just stared back at Mayli, causing confusion to rise in both Luhan and I. I could tell that Luhan had no idea, nor cared, about what was going on. He was just focusing on Mayli at the moment.

 

"I-uh..missed my grandparents- and you guys, of course." Minhee said, her body stiffened. I sensed that she was lying, but I didn't want to start anything, especially not on her first day back.

 

"Really, now?" I flashed a smile at her. 

 

"Well, it's getting late. It was nice seeing you, again." Minhee said. 

 

I felt a little bit disappointed, I had only been here for, what? Three seconds? And she was already leaving.

 

"We'll definitely hang out, right?" I blurted out.

 

Minhee nodded, "Of course. What kind of best friend would I be? Ten years, Yixing. Ten. We have a lot to catch up on."

 

"How about we all hang out, tomorrow?" Mayli suggested. Luhan had his arms wrapped around Mayli, and the both of them were pretty much in their own worlds for half a second before looking back at Minhee and I.

 

"I've got no plans, what about you?" Minhee looked over at me.

 

"Me neither." I said.

 

"Great, we'll all meet at my house then?" Mayli said.

 

"Wait, lets all meet at Minhee's. We haven't been to her house in awhile." Luhan cut in. It's about time that boy snapped back into reality.

 

"Right, Minhee's house it is. Is that okay with you?" Mayli asked Minhee.

 

Minhee nodded, "It's getting late, I should go home."

 

"You two lovebirds have fun, bye Yixing."

 

I waved at Minhee and started to walk my own way home, but then this thing inside me sorta just told me "Run. Go run after her." and I did. I ran as fast as my two chicken legs could, and I finally reached her. 

 

"Hey," she smiled.

 

"I'll walk you home." I stated.

 

She looked at me weirdly and stopped walking.

 

"It's getting late, won't your parents get a little bit worried?" Minhee asked.

 

"Not if I tell them that I was with you." I said. That was a little bit too cheesy, like, way too cheesy. Stop it, Yixing. 

 

Minhee cleared and continued walking, "Okay, so. Uh. Let's catch up on some things."

 

"Alright."

 

"Do people around here still call you Lay?" Minhee laughed. She seemed to be a little bit more comfortable with me, now.

 

"They've been calling me that since I was in pre-school." I said proudly.

 

"You say it like it's a good thing." she smirked.

 

"I'm not fond of it, but hey, a nickname is a nickname." I shrugged.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter