Chapter 1

The Consequences of Loving Him
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

→ M I N H E E

 

 

"Are you feeling okay?" I heard my best guy friend, Kyungsoo, ask me.

 

I nodded at him, "Why wouldn't I be?"

 

"Because we just walked by Jong-"

 

I stopped him before he could finish, "Don't say his name."

 

At the moment, I didn't want to hear those words come out of his mouth. I didn't need to hear it, because I already knew. Whenever I saw Kim Jongin, my whole entire mood would go from happy to sad. It wasn't because I hated him or had a bad past with him or anything, in fact, I had a great past with him. It was more of because of how oblivious he was to how much I liked him.

 

Kyungsoo, Jongin, and I have been best friends since 3rd grade. Sure, being the only girl in class that hung out with only guy was something that most girls would judge me for, but I didn't care. I was more than happy to have them by my side, acting as if they were my brothers/bodyguards.

 

I never really got bullied because Jongin and Kyungsoo were always there for me, sticking to me like glue. There were perks to being best friends with two of the most popular guys in school. We were always together, and we'd be with each other, side by side. We never left one another. 

 

Wherever one went, the other would follow along. It was only when Jongin and Kyungsoo needed to use the bathroom that they'd leave me unattended. Even then, they'd take turns and Kyungsoo would stay by my side while Jongin went, or vice versa.

 

"It just hurts, alright?" I sighed, as we both continued to walk into the lunch room and took a seat at our lunch table.

 

"I know it does, but are you really just going to hide your feelings for him, forever?" he asked me.

 

I thought about it for a second, because I wasn't really sure. I mean, I'd think that by my actions, Jongin would've already known that I liked him in that way. But then again, some boys are just too stupid and oblivious to things that they wouldn't even get it if it were to slap them right in the face.

 

"I think it's pretty obvious that he doesn't like me back, why should I even bother?"

 

"Because you never known until you try?" he replied. Smart.

 

I frowned, knowing that Kyungsoo was right. I knew that everything that Kyungsoo had told me was 100% right. I was just too persistent and stubborn to listen. I was always the type of person to give up before even trying, and Kyungsoo was always the complete opposite. His positive side makes the negative side of me think twice, and that's why I loved our friendship.

 

I thought about it long and hard, and I was stuck. What if I told Jongin about my feelings towards him, and he didn't feel the same way? I'd be crushed.

 

"Come on, let's just sit and eat. We'll get your mind off things, okay?" Kyungsoo patted my back.

 

I nodded, agreeing to it. I sat there patiently and waited for him to bring the food to me.

 

 

-  -  -

 

 

"Oh, dear." I whispered as quietly as I could as I saw Jongin enter the cafeteria with his flawless smile splattered ever-so-perfectly on his face. He looked more handsome than ever, and I never knew what to do when I saw him. That smile of his, it took my breath away.

 

"It's okay, inhale and exhale." Kyungsoo instructed me as he breathed in and out with me. He nodded at me, making sure that I was okay. I nodded back, but inside, my heart was beating at 100 miles per hour, and I think I almost forgot how to breathe. That feeling in my stomach was building up, and my brain couldn't think straight.

 

My whole entire mind just out as I watched the flawless boy make his way over to Kyungsoo and I.

 

"You two got here early," Jongin stated as he took a seat in front of me.

 

My facial expression was blank, and I didn't know what to do. I could've sworn that I had stopped breathing for a couple of seconds and my heart was beating abnormally.

 

This boy, he really does have a strong affect on me.

 

"Whoa, did something happen?" Jongin's face changed as soon as he laid eyes on me. I felt this pang in my heart, a pang full of nervousness and fear.

 

Kyungsoo looked over at me to make sure that I was okay, seeing my face, he knew that he had to make up a lie so that Jongin wouldn't worry too much.

 

"She's fine, just hungry." Kyungsoo nervously answered.

 

"Then why isn't she eating?" Jongin pointed at the plate of food that was sitting in front of me, waiting to be eaten.

 

I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter