Forget

The Only Story I Didn't Know

Chansung POV

 

“Goo Hara?”

 

“Hwang Chansung-sshi... Long time, huh?” she said, with a smirk on her face. What the hell was she doing in HQ?

 

“I came to visit, I was in the neighbourhood and I missed my JYP friends.” she said, still smiling, her big eyes phasing me.

 

“Uh.. okay.” I said scratching my head.

 

“But what's wrong? You look upset?” she asked. I stared at her properly. She was wearing short shorts with a white shirt. Her hair was tied up and her eyes looked so huge. She looked beautiful...

 

But I really felt uncomfortable with her here.

 

“I'm fine. Just tired from...” Before I could finish she pulled me into a hug.

 

“Why didn't you answer my calls? I missed you.”

 

Pause.

 

I stood there, with her head buried into my chest. My arms dangled by my side. I couldn't hug her back, that would be wrong.

 

“Uh.., Goo Hara, I don't think you should..” I said as I gently unlatched her hands from around my back.

 

“Why?” she said, confusion flooding her face.

 

“Because we aren't...”

 

“CHANSUNG-AH, HURRY BACK! YAAH!” shouted Nam Young sunbae. JUST IN TIME. OMG

 

“I gotta run, nice seeing you!” I said as I spun around and RAN back to the practice room.

 

Phew...

 

Just the thought of breaking up with someone who you wasn't really seeing in the first place … I instantly felt bad. It was my fault...

 

Funny though. How I had wished that that was Lena, hugging me tightly like that. Aish.. Lena, what exactly are you doing to me? If this is some kind of push and pull game, can we stop now?

 

“5,6,7,8.... CHANSUNG-AH, KEEP UP”

 

 

Lena POV

 

Hwang Chansung...

So he has a girlfriend?

 

Today, I had to stop by HQ to pick up my new schedule, for my debut shoot went so well that I have been getting offers left, right and centre. The coming weeks were sure to be filled with shoots. I was looking forward to it.. Work kept my mind off over things.. like the possibility I could be ruining this one chance to be happy.. or losing a friend...

 

I was on my way up the stairs when I heard the buzz of music from the practice rooms. Maybe Min was in. I missed her and she's been so busy lately. Over the time I've been here, she has been like a best friend. No more like Guardian Angel...

 

“Why didn't you answer my calls? I missed you.”

 

I looked over to my right. Odd, I thought I was the only one on this floor..

 

Pause.

 

I saw a very small girl lean up to hug... wait, isn't that Chansung?

 

I froze.

 

Wait, what?

 

I felt my stomach tighten and my heart felt as if it sunk. Slowly, I backed away towards the stairwell and made my way up to the PR office. Should I feel hurt? It's not as if we were in a relationship or something.

 

“Ahh.. Lena, let me just print the schedule off for you. You'll be working for the whole week starting tomorrow. You...” said the woman but I was barely listening.

 

So maybe I was doing the right thing in ignoring him then? Since he has a girl... Ouch. I winced at the thought. Dammit. Why did I have to like him so much?

 

“Here you go. Lena?”

 

“Uh.. Thank you.” I said, taking the sheet of paper from her. But why did he act that way... if he has a girlfriend? Is he like a player? Thoughts raced through my mind as I walked back to the car.

 

“Do you want pizza for dinner? It's too late too cook, and you look tired anyway.” said Ji Hyun.

 

“Sure, anything's fine”

 

Try your best to forget Lena, try your best.

 

 

The week had finished and I had to admit, it was a good week. I was now starting to receive a lot of attention from the public and the web. Everyone seemed to be curious about the new foreigner. Due to my rise in popularity, it was a given that I started to learn Korean and fast. I was to appear on a variety show called 'Star King' and was invited to MC on a few music shows in the future so my Korean had to be on point. So in between my schedule, I would come into HQ and be taught. One of the staff here help in teaching the trainee's Korean so she would tutor me on the basics.

 

I had my second lesson today and I was kind of pumped. On my way up, I saw Min leaving the practice room. She spotted me and squealed.

 

“LENA” she near screamed running towards me and jumping up for a hug.

 

“Min Unni!!” I said hugging her back.

 

“Congratulations on your success! I saw your billboard this morning.”

 

“Thank you.” I said smiling. “How are the preparations coming along?”

 

“They're okay, it's coming up really soon, so we're all kind of anxious” she said sighing.

 

“Aw, well tell the others good luck for me and relax..”

 

“Oh hey there Chansung” she suddenly said, her eyes darting to the space behind me.

 

I froze.

 

“Hey Min, … Hey Lena”

 

I closed my eyes and bit my lip. Seriously.. Like right now?

 

I turned around to see Chansung staring down at me with a blank expression on his face. My heart instantly started to beat faster.

 

“Min, do you mind leaving us alone for a sec, I want to speak to Lena” he said, his eyes not leaving my face.

 

“Oh okay. Sure” She said confused and walked off.

 

“Sorry, I've got a lesson.” I said looking down, about to walk off.

 

“Yahh.. hold on” he said grabbing me by hand. His touch sent sparks up that hand, I swear.

 

“Did I do something wrong?” His tone was serious.

 

He let go of my hand. I looked up to face him and I'm sure he looked kind of upset. Guilt rushed over me and my gaze resorted to the floor again.

 

“I... I'm sorry” was all I managed to say. Wow, I am a coward. That was the whole reason I was in this mess, I was such a coward when it came to my feelings.

 

“It's not your fault, I'm.. I'm just a idiot” I said. Better.

 

He sighed, “Meet me on the balcony after your lesson. We'll speak then”

 

I nodded then bowed. I guess I felt better; the idea of closure relaxed me. I think I need to tell him...

Throughout the whole lesson, I pondered on whether I should reveal my feelings to him or not. Maybe I should just get it off my chest. I felt so bad because he looked upset. During that short space of time, we had gotten kind of close... And then I just completely shut him out. Big mistake. He still occupied my mind...

 

For once, time went quickly which was to my disadvantage. I was nervous. I can do it. I'm just going to tell him.

 

I reached the top floor and opened the door. It was cold December night, and I didn't come out in much; trenchcoat, skinny jeans and uggs. Chansung was standing there, wrapped up in a big puffy jacket and a scarf.

 

“Hey!” I called out to him, smiling weakly. There goes my heart again...

 

I walked over to the railings on which he was leaning on.

 

“Hey” he replied turning to face me. He looked really tired.

 

“Were you waiting long?” I asked.

 

“No I just came from practice.” he yawned. I didn't want to be out here all night, he was tired and it was really cold.

 

“Aren't you cold?” I said. Come on Lena, stop delaying it.

 

“I've missed talking to you.” he said finally. I looked straight ahead and stared at the black sky.

 

“Me too.” I replied after a while.

 

“Then why did you ignore my messages? Why were you avoiding me?” He started.

 

“I was scared.”

 

“Explain.”

 

I breathed out heavily. Here goes..

 

“I was scared because of my feelings and everything started to happen at once and even Ji Hyun started to recognise and then it actually hit me that I did like you and still I wasn't even sure but I think I do and I doubt you like me back and that's okay because I understand...”

 

“Joaheyo”

 

Boom-Boom.

 

“What?”

 

“Joaheyo”

***

Okay... Here comes my excuses;

Firstly, My last exam is coming up so I have been studying. So I apologise for my lack of updates. Second, I am so sorry I rushed this chapter. Over the past few days I had come up with scenes of them after the confession and like that is all I had on my mind. And I prolonged their getting together for tooo long I just wanted to get it done and over with. So excused this messy Chapter. I promise you, I will try my hardest from now on. Thank you guys <3