Date?

The Only Story I Didn't Know

 

Lena POV

 

I looked on the calender to see that it was already December 11th. Christmas was in 2 weeks… I had only just started knitting Chansung’s scarf. Aish.. With my busy schedule next week due to the Perfume shoot, the odds of finishing the scarf were not in my favour. If I could just get Ji Hyun to help me, but she is also busy, sorting out stuff at the HQ. I opened my bedside drawer and took out the needles and grey yarn. It looks like I’m going to have to be waking up earlier to finish it. It was about 5 am now, I had already showered and now was relaxing in my kimono. I had got this as a present from one the male models I worked with back in New York. Thinking about it he was also Korean.

I digress. The scarf was going to be oversized (you noticed I like big oversized stuff right?) and grey, he better like it. I think grey suited him best, but with his hair changing colour like every 10 seconds, that could all change. It had changed from black to a burgundy reddish colour. Sigh. I started to knit, then my attention was brought back to 3 days ago… The kiss. I touched my lips and smiled. It has only been two days but I miss him. He sent me a text last night before bed.. He’s been super busy, rehearsing for the JYP nation Christmas concert. They really do work hard…

2 hours had passed and I felt like I was going no where with this scarf, my fingers started to hurt from all the undoing the mistakes. Ugh! I threw it far from me and got up and paced. The shoot was on Tuesday but tomorrow I had to go in to HQ to get coached by a ballet dancer on poses. If I wake up at 5 again tomorrow, maybe I could get to up to half way with this scarf. And I could carry it around with me and do a little during the breaks. Yes, Lena, think positive.

 

'I'm gonna make you smile! Hangsang jiruhaji anke. Noaege!’ my phone rang.

 

A smile grew on my face as I knew who was calling me. I had set that ringtone for Chansung because it was cute and it was his groups song.

 

Hello?” I said.

 

Lena-sshi, sorry for calling you so early, are you awake?” Sounded his deep but rough voice. He must of just woken up.

 

Mmm, I’m awake. What’s up?”

 

I miss you..”

 

Awwww. I giggled.

 

I miss you too. Is that why you called?”

 

Yes but I also wanted to ask you something. What are you doing today?”

 

Um.. Nothing really.”

 

What do you think of a house date? Since we can’t really date in public.. we could do it at our houses.” He said, rushed. Like he wasn’t sure whether I would agree.

 

House date? Sounds good to me. When?”

 

Today, at yours. I have a schedule later on at 6 so I’m going to come early so I can spend some more time with you”

 

Swoon!

 

Okay then. Are you on your way?” I had suddenly heard traffic in the background on his end.

 

Yeah… Are you hungry? I’m stopping by the coffee shop. Want anything?” He asked.

 

Uhm.. Surprise me.”

 

Arasseo. I’m hanging up now. Bye”

 

Neh!”

 

Can someone bring me some oxygen? I fell back on my bed and hugged a pillow. I think I just might LOVE Him. Since he’d be here in a matter or minutes, I decided to make myself look presentable. I took my hair out of the two huge plaits I had put in the night before. It was seriously curly but it wasn’t messy. I finger combed it until it looked decent. My hair was growing quite fast. It was growing past my s now. I went inside my closet and put on a red long sleeved top with lacey tights and jean shorts. Even though it was winter, my apartment was really warm. Central heating was no joke. I sprayed a little Chanel Chance perfume on me and on my hair. Gotta smell fresh right? As I was putting some eyeliner on, I heard the phone buzz indicating that someone was downstairs.

 

Ji Hyun! That’s most likely Chansung!” I shouted, leaving the room and heading towards the kitchen. 

 

Yeah I let him in.”

 

Are you going out?” I asked her, noticing that she had her bag on and keys in hand.

 

Yeah, I’m going to go visit a friend. You guys probably want some privacy, now that you’re dating.” She made sure to emphasise on the last part.

 

I smiled, “I can’t hide anything from you, can I?”

 

There would be no point.” She laughed.

 

Knock Knock.

 

He’s here, I’ll see you later. Make something for dinner okay? I’ll be back late. ” She said as she opened the door.

 

Hey Noona.” Chansung said grinning. He was in a coat and jeans.

 

I keep underestimating how tall you are. Anyway, you guys have fun, be safe!” She said, closing the door behind her.

 

I leaned against the counter with my head down. Wow. Did she just say ‘be safe’? Chansung must of caught on to my reaction for he started laughing.

 

Hey Legs, uhm, I mean Lena” he said.

 

Now I started to laugh.

 

Hey, stop eye-balling my legs” I said, pouting.

 

Sorry, but they’re just so y” he said, staring at me. He walked into the kitchen area and put a bag down in front of me and then a coffee holder carrier thing.

 

You told me to surprise you so…”

 

He took out a banana shaped donut and placed a cup of what looked like milk tea with boba in front of me.

 

Boba Tea?!” I squealed. I hadn’t had this last summer time. The difference with this was that it was hot.

 

Drink it quick before the bubbles melt.” he said taking a bite out of his own donut and heading towards the table.

 

Gomawo” I said, sitting down.

 

It's okay. Your Korean pronunciation seems to be improving”

 

Really?” I guess I wasn't such a fail after all.

 

We finished eating and I got up to throw the trash away. The donut was soo good. It was banana flavored with banana jam in the middle.

 

You have a obsession with bananas, huh?” I said.

 

Of course. Now, are you gonna give me a house tour? Or do I have to beg you?”

 

Chansung POV

 

She showed me around finally. Her apartment was pretty small, but she Americanised it so well and in such a short amount of time. When we got to her room, she froze, then quickly dashed in and dived onto the bed, and rolling off on to the floor.

 

LENA?! Are you okay?” I rushed over to her, to find her huddled into a little ball, her back to me.

 

Ouuchh” she moaned cutely, her face hidden.

 

Kneeling down beside her, I brushed her hair behind her ear to see if she was okay. She looked up at me, her brown eyes glistening.

 

My pride isn't okay, if that's what you were asking...” she said, pouting.

 

Omo...” I bursted out laughing. “But why are you haunched over like that? Are you hiding something..?”

 

OH MY GOD, CHANSUNG LOOK OVER THERE!!” She shouted, pointing to behind me. I looked at her funny, then turned around. Nothing was there..

 

Lena, you sure you didn't hit your head?” I said turning around, but she wasn't there. Instead, she was running towards her closet. She slammed the door shut behind her. Confused, I got up off the floor and sat down on her bed.

 

Jagiya! HAVE YOU LOST YOUR MIND?” I shouted. No answer. I could tell that being with her, there will never be a dull moment. Ever. She was in the closet for about 5 minutes. It was awfully quiet.

 

Lena-sshi, answer me, or I'll have to break down your door.”

 

She suddenly emerged, smiling.

 

Shall we listen to some music?”

 

No. I think you need to sit down and rest...” I said, getting up and guiding her over to the bed. I sat her down and crouched down in front of her.

 

How many fingers?” I put two up.

 

Chansung!” she protested.

 

Ah! How many?”

 

Two.. I'm fine. I just had a little moment.”

 

Will there be more moments like that one? You're going to have to warn me...”

 

Oh, now you think I'm weird, right? Aish!” She groaned falling back on the bed. I got up and laid next to her.

 

I think you're weird... but that's added to the number of reasons why I like you. More I'm with you, I learn something new about all the time.”

 

She smiled, closing her eyes.

 

It's with you too. I don't know how you do it though. You keep getting sweeter and sweeter by the minute.”

 

Sometimes, I doubt myself though. I feel as if I may of rushed you into this relationship. We've only known each other for a month and a half. You only just moved here as well, I feel like nappeun namja for being so selfish. I was wrong.”

 

Silence. I looked over at her; her eyes were still closed.

 

But I just had to get you before anyone else could. I wanted you all to myself. That night at the bbq, I kinda knew that I wanted to pursue you. Say something, neh?”

 

She opened her eyes and leaned on her shoulder, facing me.

 

You're worried that we don't know enough about each other and that that could cause conflicts? Easily solved; we'll learn along the way. Isn't that the best way anyway? ” she said smiling. “Besides, I don't feel rushed. I guess I kinda like it this way..”

 

But I still feel bad. I don't want to mess up or...” I stopped for she put her finger on my lips.

 

Live life without regrets, okay? Okay, now what do you want to know?”

 

I stared at her... Was she even real? I felt suddenly at ease though. I felt reassured.

 

What makes Lena-sshi mad, sad.. and what Lena-sshi likes the most.”

 

People who hurt me and friends and family, that makes me mad. I don't like unfairness and mistreatment to animals and humans, that makes me sad. What I like the most... Hwang Chansung-sshi! Aigoo, that was so GREASY.” She squealed rolling around.

 

I squeezed her cheek. “You're really cute”

 

She met my gaze and looked down. I sighed.

 

Your not allowed to do that any more.”

 

Sorry, I'll get better.” She looked into my eyes. “What about you? What makes you sad and mad.. what do you like the most?”

 

Lena makes me mad, Lena makes me sad, I like Lena the most”

 

Aigoo, that's so cheesy!! Get out!” she said, lightly pushing against my chest with both hands.

 

I looked down at her hands and she quickly took them off.

 

Never knew you were a total ... Tsk Tsk”

 

I'm sorry...” she said blushing.

 

Did they feel nice?”

 

What?”

 

My , were they to your liking?”

 

She smacked my arm, “Why are you like this?”

 

No, why are you like this? We're lying here on your bed and you try to seduce me by touching my delicate area.”

 

She bit her lip and furrowed her eyebrows. Unf. I loved when she did that.

 

Chansung, do you want me to show you the door?”

 

I laughed.

 

You think you can escape now easily, especially with that bluff?” I climbed on top of her and supported myself with my hands, both next to either side of her face. I heard her wince.

 

Don't tell me your backing out now... You started it after all” I said, leaning into her neck. She smelled so nice... Whatever perfume she was wearing, it was driving me crazy.

 

Yah... get off me.” She started to squirm, but she was pinned in between my legs so she couldn't get far. Her top raised a bit due to her squirming, exposing her tummy.

 

You're not getting off?” she said, laying still now.

 

I leaned up to look at her face; she was scowling. I rolled over onto my back.

 

I didn't expect you to give up easily.”

 

No seriously, I was planning a way to counter you. I was considering fighting you as well.” she said, looking up at the ceiling.

 

Haha you fight me?” I took her hand in mine and latched our fingers together.

 

I think I could take you”

 

Yeah, I'm sure you could.”

 

She didn't reply, so I looked over at her to that her eyes were closed. I kissed her cheek and she smiled. I looked at her for a while as she fell asleep. Her hair laid flat on the bed in a bunch of curls around her head which made her look angelic of some sort. She looked so at peace when she slept. She was really quiet. Her chest would rise up and down which would be the only way to clarify that she was still alive. She was so beautiful and also mine. I don't know how long I laid there looking at her, but I eventually fell asleep too.