The Beginning

The Only Story I Didn't Know

 

Lena POV

 

I knew what that meant. I've heard it many times in dramas. But still.

 

“In English...” I said, stunned.

 

“I.. like you too, Lena” he said, slowly this time.

 

Wait, I'm sure he said he liked me. What is this...?

 

“Lena...?”

 

“Say it.. just one mo...” I stopped, for I felt arms fasten around my waist, drawing me closer. Chansung rested his head on my shoulder, right next to my ear.

 

“Babo...” he growled in my ear.. making me flinch. The feel of his body against mine had all my nerves on a fritz, no matter how many layers were between us. His arms the way the hugged my waist, they felt so powerful, like I could be safe in between them forever.

 

“So this is what it feels like.” He muttered.

 

I relaxed and closed my eyes. By now, my fluttering heart had calmed down to a steady pace. My face was beginning to get really cold, but the warmth my body felt couldn't compare. He was emitting some serious heat...

 

He likes me. Hwang Chansung likes me.

 

I broke into a smile which eventually turned into a laugh.

 

“Why are you laughing?” he asked, straightening up.

 

My eyes were welling up and I giggled to myself. I've gone mad.

 

“Yahh...,” he said, spinning me around. “Omo... Are you crying?”

 

I nodded and buried my face in his chest, wrapping my arms around his body. I felt embarrassed. Why was I crying? Who knows. I couldn't even help it. I guess I was... happy.

 

He chuckled and rubbed my back, resting his head on mine.

 

I don't know how long we stood there like this; probably five to ten minutes, maybe more. But to me, it felt like hours. I did not want to let him go. He started swaying from left to right, and I subconsciously, mirrored him...

 

“It's cold.” he whined.

 

I pulled away from him, wiping my tears and laughing nervously.

 

“I'm sorry.” I said, my eyes focused on his chest.

 

He put both his hands on my cheeks and lifted my head up to face him. Using his thumbs he wiped my tears.

“Such a pretty face, don't cry.” he said, smiling. “Come, let me take you home...”

 

“Mmm..”

 

The walk home was kind of awkward. It was like there was something that still needed to be said. We did silly things like randomly start giggling or nudging each other for our hands were in our pockets. My apartment building was a few blocks away from HQ so the walk wasn't too long and it was late so not a lot of people were on the streets, Chansung was safe from fans.

 

“Are you hungry?” he asked.

 

“Not really, you?” I said.

 

“I could eat”

 

Of course you could I thought to myself, I remembered that bbq when we actually met. I had noticed he had 5 servings of meat to himself. My mother would love him.

 

We stopped at my local convenience store and I tailed him while he picked up snacks and some drinks. I was wondering when he was going to stop, when he picked up a box of brownies.

 

“For you, I know how much you like my brownies...”

 

“PAHAHA!” I burst out laughing in the middle of the aisle. I had misinterpreted what he said.

 

He stared at me like I was crazy.

 

“Wow, Lena, You're really scary, you know that?” he said laughing. “Ahh... Daebak”

 

At the till, when he was paying for the goods, I got a really good look at him. He was such a fine piece of man. He caught me staring at him and winked at me. Oh! I wrinkled my nose at him.

 

We left the store and reached the front of my building.

 

“You gonna let me walk you to your door? I don't want you to trip again..”

 

I glared at him. This joke.

 

“Sure.” I said, pressing the code for the entrance.

 

“Wow, you didn't argue back?!” he said grinning as I let him in.

 

“How are you getting home Chansung?” I said as we walked up the stairs.

 

“I'm walking, why?” he replied.

 

“Is it okay for you to be walking around at night? Why don't you call Minjae-sshi or I could get you a taxi” I said, stopping at my door.

 

He smiled, “You worried about me?”

 

“Well, yeah,” I said turning to face him. “It's late and you're tired.”

“Don't be.” he said. He leaned in and kissed my forehead. “Besides, I don't live too far from here, you'd be surprised.”

 

I blushed and turned around to open my door.

 

“Here, don't forget my brownies and juice” He said, putting them in my hands.

 

“I'll let you in another time, okay? Text me when you get home, ok? Bye Hwang Chansung-ssi” I whispered.

 

“Annyeong!” he said, still watching me.

 

I closed the door behind me and leaned against the door. Oh. My. God.

 

I squealed, jumped up and down, squealed again louder. I stamped my feet, still smiling.

 

“Lena, are you okay?” I hadn't noticed that Ji Hyun was in the kitchen, staring at me, concerned.

 

“More than okay!”

 

I squealed one more time.