Christmas Eve!

The Only Story I Didn't Know

 

Lena POV

 

“YES! I FINALLY FINISHED!” I cried out, so happy and near tears.

 

“Omo... Are you okay?” Nicole said, peeking out from the changing cubicle. We were changing while a group was performing. “Oh, you finished the scarf?”

 

“Yeah, finally.” I sighed, wrapping it around my neck and getting the polaroid camera from out of my bag. It was oh so warm, and soft. The tails were the hardest part but it looked really good, and not because I made it. The concert was today, I'd be heading there straight after I was done here.

 

“Do you want me to help you?” Nicole said, stepping out in this pink mini dress, which flattered her tiny body. She looked so pretty.

 

“Oh yes please.” I said, handing her the camera.

 

“Wait, put the Santa hat on!” she said giggling. “Oh, is this for your lover? You should do a y pose!”

 

This stopped me in my tracks... Laughing nervously, I protested; “ Aniyah, It's for someone I like very much”

 

“So, it is for your lover then...” she said, grinning.

 

“I never said-”

 

“Ok, Hana, Dul!” Click!

 

“I must say Lena, you look stunning in that dress!” She said, fanning the picture and waiting for it to develop. I looked in the mirror properly, I had been so concentrated in finishing the scarf, I really didn't pay attention to how I looked. My hair was curled and pinned to one side, and my make up was really light and playful. I was also wearing a mini dress – most dresses were short on me because I am quite tall – but it was a white and black, half chiffon/half bodycon. I was wearing patterned tights, which had a flowery design all over them. The heels were White Laboutins, which made me nearly as tall as Chansung.

 

“Wow... even though this isn't y, you look so jjang!” She placed the polaroid and the camera on my table in front of me. I laughed. The picture was a portrait with just my face and the scarf; my eyes were wide open and my lips were pouted, probably from when I was protesting. The blush I was wearing made me look so innocent that I had to laugh. The scarf came out really well even in the picture.Might have to steal from him sometimes, I said smiling. Ok... now to stick the last picture into the card and finish signing it. I dug into my bag and pulled out the gift bag and the massive card. I had already filled some of it in. I just need to finish it off and stick the last picture in.

 

“So, who is this special guy?” I didn't notice that Nicole was just looking over my shoulder. “Is he back home in the USA? Omo... is that Korean?” She pointed at the text.

 

“Nicole... Do you mind taking another picture?!” I said, trying to distract her, slowly closing the card as she got closer.

 

“Sure.”

 

I posed again, making a heart with my two hands.

 

“Neomu Yeppeo!” she said, walking off and fanning the pic.

 

Phew! I know I should trust her, we've gotten pretty close over these weeks, but I had a gut feeling that I really should not tell her anything. I don't know. Intuition maybe? I finished what I was writing, signed it, and put it in the envelop. I took off the scarf, and started to wrap it in tissue paper.

 

The was a knock on the door, “Guys, you are now on standby!” the PD said, poking his head in.

 

“Ne!” Nicole and I replied in unison.

 

Chansung POV

 

“YAH! Hyung, stop, stop right here!”

 

I clutched the magazine as the car came to a stop. It was early in the morning, but the streets were packed with late Christmas shoppers, like me.

 

“People in love, eh?” Nam Young sunbae said. “We cannot be late, make it quick!”

 

The rest of the hyungs were already on their way to the venue; if it wasn't for sunbae agreeing to quickly take me I wouldn't be able to get Lena's present. I dashed out of the car, my hood up and head down. Ohsh! It was so cold. It should be two shops down... Ah there! I jogged to the entrance of the store. A woman at the till, maybe in her late thirties, stared at me with scrutinising eyes.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo,” I said bowing. “Excuse me, but a foreigner woman came in here asking about a coat about a week ago...”

 

She continued to stare at me coldly. It's Christmas Eve, how can she be like that. I opened the page to Lena's ad where she was endorsing an overseas clothes brand.

 

“Her, do you remember?” I said showing her.

 

“Mmm, yes I do remember her, what about it?”

 

“The coat, can I buy it?”

 

“350,000 won.” she said pointing over to the display in the window. It was a black fitted bell trench coat, that was tight around the abdomen but belled out just under the waist. The hood was large and lined with fur. It has gold buttons and was made out of suede. I took out my card, and gave it to her.

 

She seemed surprised.

 

“What size, sir?” She was suddenly bursting with politeness. I walked over to the mannequin. Hmm... I'm sure this one would fit her.

 

“This one please”

 

“Would you like it gift-wrapped?” she said, taking it down off the display.

 

“Yes, oh and give yourself 50,000 won tip.”

 

“Huh?”

 

“Merry Christmas” I gave her a smile.

 

“But I'm already charging you a ridiculous price.” she said stunned.

 

“When it comes down to love, money really doesn't matter. If it's what she wants, I'll give it to her.”

 

Whoa... what am I spouting? When did I become such a romantic?

 

“150,000”

 

Now it was my turn to be confused. “What?”

 

“It's Christmas, and I know you idols don't get paid that well...”

 

“But you took off more than half.”

 

“It'd be my present, take her out to eat or do something special for her!” she said, her eyes tearing up. Why was she so touched?

 

“Omo... Noona, I promise I will promote your store. Thank you so much!”

 

“No problem, it's just so nice to see that love is alive in you young ones.” She was now wrapping the coat up in tissue paper and putting it in the bag. She went into the back for a while and came back out with another bag. She pushed them both into my hand, and ushered me out of the shop.

 

“Good luck, don't look at the other bag until you give it to her!” she shouted, her voice breaking.

 

Wow... Is this luck or what? I was still in disbelief on the way back to the car.

 

“Did you get it?” sunbae said.

 

“Yeah..”

 

“Okay, let's go. We'll be seriously late if we don't hurry.” He started the engine and drove off.

 

***

Hey, this is just a filler chapter. Did you like it? You'll see why this chpt is actually important later on in the story. Thanks guys ♥