Wow, I like you more than I have planned

The Only Story I Didn't Know

Jugeodo mot punae naega eotteohke neol ponae
Garyeo geodeun tteonaryeo geodeun nae gaseum gochyeo nae
Apeuji anhke na saragal surado itge
Andwindamyeon eochapi ussal geo
Jugeodo mot punae

 

I woke up to 2AM's 'Can't Let You Go Even If I Die' with a uneasy feeling in my chest. I had fallen asleep with my headphones on again like a idiot. Aish! I checked the clock and it was only 6:00am. Argh.. I had to get up anyway for work. I had to go to the salon, then to the studio for my debut shoot. I got out of bed and showered. Then put on a oversized white cashmere sweater and leggings. I slipped into my Vans and went to the kitchen to find Ji Hyun already ready.

 

“Want to carry one of the Chansung Brownies with you?” she laughed, opening the cupboard.

 

I flinched. Chansung... I felt really bad because I was avoiding him. You know that theory in Psychology that explains when an animal feels as if it's in danger they either run or stand their ground. You know, the 'fight or flight' theory? Well, I was on the flight side. I was so sure that I'm falling for him, and I didn't know what to do. I wasn't even sure if he was even into me and I so so so so wanted to text him back. But I was scared...

 

“Um.. No, just a banana, thanks” I answered, throwing my phone into my bag.

 

“Are you nervous?” Ji Hyun said, taking my water out the fridge.

 

“I guess so.”

 

On the way to the salon, my phone kept buzzing. I was too tired to go fish in my bag for it so I ignored it. It had started to rain but it was okay, I had an umbrella. Once we got into the salon, I was invited to sit and offered coffee and a snack. But I didn't want to eat.

 

“She's just nervous, it's her first shoot” Ji Hyun said.

 

“She shouldn't worry, we specialise in foreign hair so she'll be fine. We received the email from the studio on how they wanted the hair and make up. We'll be making her more beautiful than she already is” said the woman. She then walked away and went to set up a chair.

 

I felt Ji Hyun eyeing me. She knew something was up. To avoid any conversation, I got my phone out to check for any messages. 7 messages... One from Min, Taecyeon, Junho, Wooyoung, Junsu, Nichkhun, and then Chansung. They were all messages of good luck and that I'll be great. I smiled and messaged them all back, thanking them.

 

“Ms. Lena, the chair is ready.” the woman said, smiling.

 

My hair took about an hour to be done, and my make up probably took less than 30 minutes. It wasn't too extravagant, the concept was supposed to fresh-faced and new. My hair was dead straight ; I swear she got skills!

 

“Thank you so much!” I said as we left. I learned that they would be my permanent stylists for now. The woman who did my hair was Jung Soo Ri and the one who did my make up was Gong Hae Mi.

They were really friendly and talented. The rain had stopped and we reached the studio without my hair frizzing up or reverting back to it's natural curly state. Everyone greeted me kindly and we got stuck in straight away. Clothes and props were being shoved in my direction; this calmed me down a bit. I was in my natural habit. Yes, this is what I was used to. Hours passed as I followed directions (that Ji Hyun had to often translate) by the director and camera man, changed into about 10 different outfits. I hadn't noticed that music was being played in the background until I heard.. I'm sure I heard Chansung's voice.

 

Ready Ready Ready For The Take Off~

 

I was sitting down resting at this point and it kind of shocked me.

 

'Ji Hyun, what song is this?'

 

'Ah, it's 2PM's Japanese single, 'Take Off'' she said.

 

Chansung sounded so distinctive and his voice was so beautiful..

 

“NEXT!”

 

I got up to change and put my professional face on. I could not let my emotions effect my work. Once we were finished, everyone clapped and thanked me for my hard work. I changed back into my own clothes and when we got in the car, I checked my phone to see if there were any more messages.

 

“So you're not ignoring me?”

 

It was from Chansung. I sighed and put my phone back into my bag. I closed my eyes and tried to sleep to shut away the thoughts, but I couldn't shut away the pain.

 

Chansung POV

 

Was I too forward? With the flirting and the stuff?

 

“Yo man, wassup?” Junsu said, nudging me out of my daze. We were in the practice room, once again. I haven't spoken to her in a week. For someone I just met nearly a month ago, she really had an impact on me. I didn't let it show to my hyungs because then they'd make a big scene. Taecyeon is already wondering when I'm going to confess. He's a joke... But, I already confessed to her in my mind about 20 times. My best pitch, taking her back to the dorm and making her cream spaghetti. I imagined that smile on that pretty face. The way she'd look down embarrassed...

 

“AISHHHHH!” I shouted out loud, causing everyone to look at me.

 

“Chansung-ah..” Junho said making his way over to me.

 

But I walked out the practice room. I didn't know where my feet were taking me...

 

“Chansung...”

 

Her voice... It was her.

***

 

This was just a filler. A promising chapter coming up next!!!!