No More Lonely Christmas

The Only Story I Didn't Know

 

Lena POV

 

Merry Christmas Lena! Have a good one.” Nicole said hugging me.

 

We parted ways for she was heading to the basement parking lot while apparently a car was waiting to take me to the concert. Ji Hyun had already travelled to Busan to go stay with her sister so I was to have one of the JYP staff me to and fro. I checked I had everything before leaving the building. Yes, including Chan’s scarf. I was still in my stage clothes since they were mine, and I really did not want to change back into my sweatpants and hoodie. Pulling my cape on, I ventured out into the freezing cold. Will it snow today? I recognised the company luxury car parked not too far from the entrance and a man walking towards me.

 

Annyeonghaseyo Lena” he said, smiling and reaching for my bags.

 

I bowed “Annyeonghaseyo. Sorry for the trouble. Please take care of me.”

 

Wah, so polite! Your Korean is really good.” He gestured at me to get in.

 

Kamsahmnida.” I got in, How long until we get there?” I asked.

 

Just an hour.”

 

The journey there was actually hilarious. My ’s name was Gong Seung Ho and he was a driver for most of the artists in JYP when they did solo activities. He told me these really cheap jokes which I didn’t fully understand because my Korean isn’t great but when he explained them to me - sometimes he tried to in English - I kind of got the gist. Eventually, it lead to us singing Korean nursery school rhymes or trying to sing Beyonce’s ‘Single Ladies’. Anyway, he was really sweet and congratulated me for doing so well in my short time in coming here.

 

We’re almost there. Unfortunately, we don’t have enough time for you to go backstage so it’s straight to your seat you go.”

 

Ne.”

 

When we arrived, I was ushered to my seat immediately, I didn't have to queue up with the other fans which was a life saver because the line was tremendous and standing up in these heels... Ehh, let's not talk about it. I really wish I had a change of clothes.. or at least shoes. I felt super overdressed as fans were dressed in casual if not, formal to a reasonable point. The auditorium was dark, I could only make out the small lights from the light sticks, I could only hear the buzz of the excited fans as they crowded in. I was seated towards the end of one of the higher rows of many, which made me highly doubt he would be able to spot me among the thousands. I placed my bag and the present in front of me and took my phone out.

 

Excuse me?” A timid voice sounded next to me. I looked up to see three girls with huge smiles on their faces, lights sticks in hand.

 

Sorry, do you want to get through?” I said, getting up and bowing.

 

Aniyah, we are your fans,” one of them said, bowing. “We follow your photo shoots and appearances.

 

Shocked, I shook all of their hands, “Thank you.

 

Unni, you also have a fan base, which is international. You have a lot of fans from the States supporting you. Unni, Hwaiting!” another one said, holding a fan in front of her face.

 

Aww, Thank you so much girls. Enjoy the concert.” I waved as they walked off. I. Had. Fans?

 

Hul~

 

More fans rushed in as it was almost 8PM. A couple found their seat next to me just as the screens with an introductory skit of all of the JYP entertainers. Screams erupted from all around the auditorium as each of the members flashed up on the screen, wishing everyone a Merry Christmas. Our first performer was San E who performed 'LoveSick', then the Wonder Girls with '2 Different Tears'. I actually got up and rocked out in my heels, despite the fact that I could of broke something if I took a tumble. The concert overall was really good, everyone looked like they were having fun – and I'm not just talking about the fans. It looked like they were having a personal party on stage, especially during 'This Christmas' and 'Hands Up'. Chansung looked so professional on the serious stages, but when it was a fun stage, he had this silly smile on his face which reminded me of a kid. A week without seeing his face made me really miss him, but I guess this is the space we really needed from each other. Absence makes the heart grow stronger right?

 

During the last performance which was 'Don't Leave' where all of them were on stage singing and partying, one of the concert staff approached me.

 

Lena Kay-sshi?” A middle aged man said, beckoning me to follow him.

 

Ne?” I said, getting up quickly to follow him to the exit where it was much quieter.

 

You are to stay behind after the concert for a while, is that okay?”

 

Um... that's fine. But why?”I asked confused. He smiled at me and then walked off, ignoring me.

Oh kay...

 

I walked back in as everyone was bowing on the stage; fans were clapping and screaming. Mr. Park was on stage thanking everyone and wishing them a Merry Christmas. The stage dimmed and light flooded the seats of the auditorium. Everyone got up and made their way out, as signalled too by the ushers. I yawned and nodded to the couple who left, hand in hand. I was really tired since I've been up since morning. It was now 10:35pm, I guess I was going to wait here until Chansung comes and gets me. I looked around; it was empty except for the line down by the lower exits where people were still leaving. If I fall asleep, I can't guarantee my safety, and Chan said not too fall asleep around anyone – not like anyone was here. Just for a few seconds...

 

I must of dozed off for a moment for I didn’t remember the lights of the stage turning back on.

 

Lena?” That familiar voice called out my name.

 

There he was, with a mic in hand. He was wearing a wifebeater with skinny jeans, his hair curly. I couldn’t see much else since I was sitting high up.

 

Ne!” I shouted out.

 

Were you sleeping? Come closer!” He ordered.

 

I got up, bringing my cape and bags with me, and descended towards the stage.

 

Wah.. You look y.” He breathed into the mic as I got closer. I put my stuff down on one of the chairs and walked over to the standing pit.

 

Thanks” I was now right infront of him. He bent down and looked straight into my eyes, smiling.

 

Thanks for coming to the private stage.”

 

Private stage?” I asked. I looked around, it was only us.

 

Just one of your Christmas presents,” he said, taking my hand and kissing it. “Give this lady a guide light please!”

 

A spotlight travelled to one of the rows of the seats, right in the middle. Oh why is he being so greasy? I giggled and made my way to the row in which I was directed to. I heard him whistle as I walked up a few stairs, which made me double up with laughter.

 

Why are you like this?” I shouted out, laughing.

 

Ohsh.. why am I so nervous?” He laughed, looking to the right.

 

I giggled again. I sat down in the spot where the light was shown. He stared right at me, and started to sing:

 

Haega gamyeon galsurok nan.

Oeroume deo jichyeogana bwa

Iksukhaejiji anko jeomjeom deo honjaraneun geol, silgameul hagedoego.

I don't wanna be alone this Christmas. Nado nugungal mannaseo.

Jeongmallo igeot hanappun iya. Sarange ppajyeo inneun geot, to fall in love...”

 

While he sung the whole of the auditorium echoed his beautiful voice. It sounded so heartfelt... This was the first time he actually sung to me,wait, this is the first time someone has sung to me, and I LOVED it. I clapped when he finished his acapella.

 

This Christmas, won't be so lonely. Thanks to Lena-sshi. Gomawo.” He said.

 

I was taken aback with how sincere he was being. My heart felt like it was going to explode. I felt myself get up subconsciously and scream; “HWANG CHANSUNG, SARANGHAE~”

 

Ne, Saranghae~”

 

***

These chapters are short right? Huhuhu XD Thanks guys ♥