strike two

That One Nerd

The next day, you woke up quite early. A note was on your bedside table. You picked it up and read it.

 

"You felt asleep on the couch yesterday. I didn't want to disturb you so I carried you to bed. Rest well and don't think about it too much.

Hyun Seung

You just smiled and got ready for school. After you got dress, your door bell rang, you ran downstairs and opened the door. It was Hyun Seung.

 

"Hi."

"Hey."

"Can I come in?"

"Yeah, sure."

"Did you sleep well?" He asked.

You shrugged, "I guess so"

"Have you eaten breakfast?"

"Not yet."

"Good cause I bought something for you." Hyun Seung smiled.

"What is it?"

"Rice, soup, seasoned vegetables and some grilled meat."

Your eyes widen at his response, "You made it?"

"Yes. I woke up early to make it special for you."

You opened the tupperware and had a taste.

"Is it good?"

"Not bad but better than my cooking of course."

You lied to Hyun Seung. It actually tasted really good and you were quite shocking that a teenage guy like him could cook that well.

Who ever gets to be his future wife must be very lucky to have a husband like him, you thought. 

 


 

As you passed the school gate, you started noticing some weird stuff happening. The students were whispering and giving you odd stares throughout the hall and also at the classroom. You asked Eun Hee what's going on but she didn't got to answer your question as your homeroom teacher already entered the class. So, you got back to your place and waited for recess. 

Time passed by and the school bell rang, everyone hurriedly went out for recess. You ran to Eun Hee and asked her again, "Why is everyone being so strange today? They kept looking at me like I'm some kind of freak. It's getting uncomfortable."

Eun Hee sighed and said, "They were all talking about you and Hyun Seung. Everyone knows that you guys are dating."

"What?! Where did that bull come from?!" You asked exasperatedly.

Eun Hee took out her phone and showed it to you, "It's all over the school website."

You grabbed Eun Hee's phone and scrolled down the website.

"What the heck!? Where did they got this from!? Urgh, what a stalker!"

"Relax, this is normal. He's the new kid in school, of course they would be all crazy about it, plus Hyun Seung is very good looking, so you know~ Trust me, plus you have no idea how much fangirls does Hyun Seung have!"

"Oh god, I hate this! Why does he has to be that famous?! Aish!!"

 


 

 // After recess //

 

You sat at your place and continued writing some notes that was left by your history teacher. Suddenly, Hyun Seung came and sat beside you.

"Umm.. hey, I'm sorry to cause you so much trouble." He said apologetically 

"Trouble? What are you talking about?"

"You know, about the rumor.."

"Oh don't worry about that, it's nothing really.." You reassured him.

"No, I don't want to make things more complicated, I'll tell everyone that the rumor is false."

"Wait, Hyun Seung.. Don't. Just let it be. This so called "relationship" might come in handy."

"Are you sure? But what about Gi Kwang?"

"Trust me, I know what I'm doing." 

"Alright then, if you say so."

 


 

The school bell rang, everyone packed their bags and went back home and so did you. On your way home, you noticed that EunHee was acting a bit strange all of a sudden. So you decided to ask, "Why are you so quiet?"

"Nothing, I'm just tired." said EunHee. 

"Are you sure?" you asked worriedly.

"Y-Yeah." said EunHee while avoiding eye contact.

"Then why are you stuttering?"

"Aaa... I.." EunHee mumbled. 

"Are you hiding something from me?"

"Well, I.." said EunHee nervously. 

"Just tell me already!" you yelled at her frustratedly.

"But.."

"Come on, we're best friends right? You could trust me"

"You might get hurt.."

"Hurt? Are you moving away?!" You yelled while shaking her shoulders.

EunHee pushed you away slowly and said, "No! ugh, see for yourself.."

EunHee handed you her phone and showed you a photo.

You froze at what you saw. 

"I'm sorry.." said EunHee softly.

"No, it's okay. It's not your fault anyways.. Sometimes things just doesn't goes the way we wanted to you know, EunHee." You smiled sadly.

"Umm.. You could stay at my house tonight if you want to.." offered EunHee.

"Thanks but it's okay. I just need a time alone." You sighed and continued walking. You were silent the whole way and so did EunHee.

When you arrived home, you took a nice long bath to calm yourself down. After awhile, you got out of the tub because your head started to hurt badly and went out from the bathroom. Suddenly, your phone rang.

 

"Hyun Seung?"

"Hey, are you busy right now?"

"Not really but I –" You were cut off by a sudden wave of pain jolted you. Your phone slipped from your grip and you fell. The last thing you remember was hearing a faded voice calling out before everything went dark.

 

 

-To be continued -