The beginning of everything

That One Nerd

The next day you woke up late and quickly got ready for school. You skipped breakfast so that you wouldn't be late. You quickly ran to school and got there right on time.

In class, you didn't focused at all. You were busy talking to your friend who sat at Gi Kwang's place about what happend yesterday. She suggest you to go and visit Gi Kwang after school and give him a basket of fruits as a "get well soon" gift, so that my relationship with him would be better. "Well that's quite a good idea" you thought. "But.. It will become awkward if it's just me and him.. I think it's better if you come too" you said to your friend and she agreed.

During recess you didn't get to eat because you were busy finding the teacher that helped Gi Kwang yesterday to tell him about Gi Kwang's condition and ask him to tellhis parents. But it turns out that he already knew about it and you felt very frustrated because you wasted a lot of time and had to skip lunch.

For the pass 2 hours in class you suffered stomachache and could hardly even get your head off the table. After school you rushed to the nearest restaurant and ate a bowl of noodle soup, two sets of toasted bread and drank 2 glasses of water. Your friend was kinda shocked because you ate twice the amount that you usually ate.

After that, you went to the grocery store and bought some fruits, a basket and ribbon for decorations. Then you went straight away to visit Gi Kwang. When we entered the room Gi Kwang was still sleeping and you saw an old women with a primary schooled girl sitting beside Gi Kwang's bed. You asked her who she was, turns out she was Gi Kwang's mother and the school girl was probably his little sister.

"You two must be Kwangie's close friends right?" she asked the two of us. "Why do you say so?" you said back. "Well you're the first one to visit him so far," she explained. "Well.. we're actually..-" before you could continue what were you going to say, your friend cut you off and said "Yes, yes, we are his close friends actually," then she gave you a death glare. So you just followed what she said. "Yeah, that's right.." you said nervously.

For the past one hour her mother kept on talking to you guys about how poor they actually are and about Gi Kwang working hard to find money for their whole family. "I was lucky that I came to visit him today, if not I would not know all this huge things about him. Never knew that he came from a poor family, all this time I thought he was an obnoxious rich boy." you said to yourself.  

Then suddenly Gi Kwang woke up. "Oh thank god you woke up at last." His mother said while hugging him. "And look, your friends are here and they brought fruits for you too." she said while giving him a big smile. Gi Kwang looked at you guys with a confused look on his face. You panicked and just froze there. Luckily your friend was there to back up. "Umm.. hi Gi Kwang, are you feeling any better?" she said. "Ah yeah, I do.." he said while giving you both a weird look. You just kept quiet and faked a smile. 

Then her mother left the room because she needed to accompany her little daughter to the toilet. The room was filled with total awkwardness. The three of you just sat still and didn't say a word. Then you stood up and said to him. "We gotta go now, I just remembered that I have a thing to be done." You bowed and turn around to head to the door. Before you could even start walking Gi Kwang pulled your hand, you were shocked and you blushed a little, then you turned around to look at him.

"Will you come again tomorrow?" He said while looking at you in the eye. You froze for a while and said back. "Umm...I will maybe if I don't have any plans." "Okay, I will be looking forward to meeting you again tomorrow," he said with a smile. "Ah nae, tell your mom that I had to leave for some personal reasons." You said. You both bowed and went back home.

 

/ / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / 

 

Your P.O.V

 

By the time I got home. It was already dark. I ate dinner, took a bath, did my homework, then read some comic books. Before I went to sleep I suddenly I remembered about what happend this evening. "Hmm, I wonder why all of a sudden that bastard turns into an angle? Maybe Junhyung hit him hard in the head but the doctor didn't notice that or something? I'm not sure if he is faking it or he has really changed after get beaten by the Kingkas? Umm I don't know but I'll ask him tomorrow." Then I went to sleep.