Chapter 6

Another Face of Mine

 

*February*

Minhee threw her lunch in the garbage and left the cafeteria.  Minhee walked directly to class.

“I need to talk to you after class” Mr. Hwang had told her.

Minhee nodded but she did not meet him since Mr. Hwang had another errand to do for the principle.  So now Minhee decided to meet up with her teacher during lunch.

Minhee knocked on his door and he opened it.

“Why are you here Minhee?” He asked.

Minhee reminded him that he wished to talk to her but he never did.  Mr. Hwang remembered and let her in his classroom.

“I am glad you came, this is important” The teacher insisted.

“Okay”

“When the principle told me that you moved, I looked up your old scores”

“Oh, you did?”

“Yes and wow! You left me impressed Minhee.  Your grades are clearly no joke.  They are superb and absolutely excellent”

“Thank you teacher”

Minhee was always the person who would get the highest grade in every class.

“Because of your magnificent grades” Mr. Hwang continued, “I wanted to tell you to tutor one of my low score students”

“For the whole year?” Minhee asked.

She never tutored.  She did not even know how to teach a person what she already knows. Minhee was not really good at explaining things, which made her think, that it was doubtful that she could tutor someone.

“Oh no.  Only for next week’s quiz, okay?”

Minhee nodded in agreement, “Okay”.

Mr. Hwang went on telling the student that she needed to begin to tutor the person on Monday, since the quiz is placed on Thursday.  After that, Minhee said ‘Goodbye’ and closed the door.

‘Let’s see how this will turn out’ She thought.