Chapter 12

Another Face of Mine

 

The next day, Lina was right, everyone was talking about Minhee.  People said hi to her and she said ’hi’ back.  Boys looked at her and winked.  Minhee was much more than the new girl now.  As for Sulli, people were giggling and smirking at her but they did not make fun of her.  People are afraid to do that since they know that Sulli has the power to humiliate them in any possible way.  Minhee noticed how easily anyone can get recognized in this school.  Maybe that’s why Sulli was so popular because Sulli was pretty and was the drama queen, based on Minhee’s assumptions.

During lunch, everybody went outside just to hang out.  Minhee sat in the bleachers alone watching the soccer team play.  Minhee saw that Sulli called out a name and Taemin went to Sulli.  Well, it looked like Taemin to Minhee.  Minhee had bad eyesight when it came to seeing things far away.

They were talking and Sulli whispered something in his ear and he went back to the field.

Minhee took out a book and began to read.  She kept looking up from her book and watched Taemin.

“Stop” She muttered to herself and sighed.

As she was reading with her headphones on, Minhee heard some sounds.  She ignored it but she heard people gasping.

Minhee looked up from her book and her eyes widened.

She saw that soccer players were around someone.  The Sulli came with what it seemed to be the school’s nurse.  They both ran very quick as possible towards the group and the nurse went into the middle of the huddle.  The circle spread out and Minhee could see who the nurse helping.  It was Taemin.

Taemin was on the ground and hurt.  He kept whispering ‘Oww’ when the nurse touched his leg.  

The nurse told Sulli something and Sulli ran.  Sulli came back with a phone and gave it to the nurse.  Minutes later, the ambulance came.