Chapter 23

Another Face of Mine

 

Minhee was looking out the car’s window.  To be more specific, she was looking out the taxi’s window.

Minhee was heading to the hospital.  She was not sick or anything like that, she had something else planned.

She hated being at the hospital.  It reminded her about her mom.  She had died in a hospital.  The hospital only reminded her of death.

Today, Minhee had come to this ‘death place’ to make some sick children happy.  Minhee had a huge bag of toys beside her that she was going to donate.

 Minhee took the elevator and stepped onto the fourth floor, which is also known as the children’s floor because only people who are 18 years and younger are in custody in this floor.

Minhee took out her list and went to the first kid on her paper.

She felt really proud of herself when she made the little children happy.  Minhee wanted them to be happy, not sad.  They are kids; they are too young to be sad and to be worried.

After she exited out in the last hospital room, she went back to the waiting room downstairs.

When she got back to the first floor, Minhee stopped walking.

She saw Taemin and so she quickly walked out of the hospital.

Before Taemin took the elevator, he watched Minhee walk out and he smiled.

‘Oh Minhee’

 

After Minhee left the hospital and went back home with a ride from a taxi, her dad gave her some chores to do.

“Can you go to the dry clean store to pick up my suit?”

“What? Why me?”

“I can’t go right now because I have a meeting, sorry Minhee” Mr. Kim said.

Minhee nodded and her dad handed her the ticket for his suit.

Minhee headed out the door and walked to Town Street, where the dry cleaner store was located.  Minhee entered the store, bowed, and handed the lady behind the counter the ticket her dad gave her.

“So you are Minhee, right?” The lady said.

“Yes” Minhee responded.

“You’re so pretty” Minhee blushed, “Here’s your dad’s suit”

“Thank you” Minhee said.

“You’re welcome”

Minhee nodded and left the store.

As she walked out, she bumped into someone.

Minhee immediately looked at who was in front of her and she almost had a heart attack.

“I am so sorry Sulli” Minhee quickly said.

Sulli looked at her with puzzled face and bit her lip, “It’s okay.  It was my fault.  I was day dreaming”

“Oh well be careful, day dream in class, its better”

Sulli smiled at Minhee’s comment “Yeah”

“Bye Sulli”

“Bye” Sulli said and hurried off.

‘She’s nicer than the last time I talked to her.  Maybe she isn’t a mean girl’ Minhee wondered.