Chapter 24

Another Face of Mine

 

Minhee tried to agree to herself to not reveal so much about her past but she couldn’t.  Part of her wanted to tell Taemin about her memories but the other half did not want to.  Minhee did not want Taemin to figure out that she is his best friend.  Well, was his best friend.

After Minhee was done doing her business in the bathroom, she found Taemin patiently waiting for her outside.

“Thanks for waiting”

“Welcome”

“So how are you and Sulli?”

“It has been fine”

“Fine?”

“Let me rephrase that then, it is awesome. There?”

“Yep, much better” Minhee continued, “You know, tomorrow is my dad’s birthday”

“Are you planning something for him?” Taemin asked.

“Yes actually.  When he comes back from work, I am going to surprise him”

“Sounds nice, can I come?”

“Oh…sure”

Taemin grinned, “Thanks”

‘Oh God…’ Minhee wondered and sighed.

 

 

Taemin and Minhee went over to her house right afterschool the next day.

Taemin was watching TV while Minhee was preparing everything.  He wanted to help her but he couldn’t because of his injured foot.  It will be difficult for him to help the girl out.

As for Minhee, she was setting up the balloons, the streamers, and the cake.  She decorated the living room with all the party decorations.  Minhee placed the cake in the coffee table when she was done putting the decorative up.

“It looks perfect” Taemin commented after everything was set.

“Thanks” Minhee said when she was done lighting up the candles.

“Oh! I see him! He’s coming!” Taemin exclaimed.

She immediately turned off the lights and nervously waited for her dad to come in any second.

“Surprise!” Both of them said and her dad smiled.

“Happy birthday to you~!” They began to sing.

Minhee’s father approached closer to them and blew out the candles when they finished singing.

“Yay!” Minhee said and she and Taemin clapped.

“Thank you Minhee” Her dad said with a hug.

“Let’s eat!” Minhee told them.

While they were eating the delicious cake, they kept talking.  Taemin only talked for a little bit.  He did not want to interrupt the father-daughter moment, even though he already did by inviting himself to Minhee’s dad b-day party.

“Thanks Minhee”  Mr. Kim said for the tenth time.

“Dad, you’re welcome” She replied, “Now eat”

“You see who I have to live with” He told Taemin.

Taemin laughed but she pouted.

“Hey! Don’t pout kid! It’s my birthday so let’s be happy”

“Okay” Minhee agreed.

“It is nice celebrating it with you and your childhood friend”

“What?” Taemin quickly said.

“Uhh… Dad” Minhee hissed.

“Oh! My mistake!” Mr. Kim blushed.

“What did you say Mr. Kim?” Taemin asked.

“Nothing kid” The dad smiled at him.

Taemin looked at him one more time and continued to eat his cake.

Mr. Kim mouthed sorry to his daughter and she nodded.  Minhee was glad nothing spilled out, that was a close call for her.

 

But outside the window, a girl was seeing them from the outside. That girl was Sulli.  She had a hurt expression on her face and walked away.

That is going to get it.  She is taking my boyfriend away from me’

Sulli bit her lip 'I knew I should be mean to her, she's a fake'.