Chapter 26

Another Face of Mine

 

Minhee covered her eyes with her hands.

“No! I am not going to play the song” Minhee declared.

“Well why not?” Taemin asked.

“It’s because I’m shy”

“Oh my gosh” Taemin removed her hands away from her face “Then play the piano with your eyes closed and pretend that I am not ere”

Minhee looked at him and nodded in agreement.

She closed her eyes and took a deep breath.  Then, she began to play Yiruma’s Silver Line/  Taemin closed his eyes too and listened to the piano.

“That was… good” He had said when she finished.

Minhee cleaned her sweaty palms against her jeans.

“Is that your favorite song?” Taemin questioned.

“Yes, Yiruma is my idol”

“When did you start to play piano?”

“When I was nine years old”

Taemin looked at her for a while and then he said “You remind me of my best friend”

“What? What do you mean?” She quickly said.

She was in panic.  She did not want him to know her real identity.  Especially now since they both are close friends.

“It is like you and my best friend are exactly alike.  You both have the same dislikes, same favorite piano song, same age when you started to play the piano, and both of you have the same name” Taemin pointed all these things out.

“Isn’t that weird?” Taemin added.

And before Minhee said anything, the bell rang.

 

Minhee wondered if Taemin already does know about her being his old pal.  Taemin has been saying all these things that made her more nervous.  Most importantly, she thinks that there might be some special feelings towards Taemin.

Minhee sighed.  She was tired of all these things. 

She put her head phones on and closed her eyes and drifted off to sleep.