Chapter 34

Another Face of Mine

On Monday, Minhee did not see Taemin anywhere.

Then as the week passed by, he was not in school.

During lunch, she would be at school’s garden thinking about him.  Minhee thought Taemin was not here because of her but she did not do anything to him.  Taemin was the one who gave her the kiss on the cheek and hold her hand.

Lina kept asking Minhee if she was still going to the dance and Minhee answered with ‘yes’.

When Friday night came, Minhee was excited to go to the dance.  During the school day, she waited and waited for school to come to an end so she could go home.

After the last bell rang, Minhee went straight home and took a nap.  It was 5:30 when she finally opened her eyes.  Minhee took a long shower and took time blow drying her long silky hair.  She put on lotion all over her legs and arms and added a bit of blush in cheeks.  While she was putting on her dress, the phone rang.

“Hello?” Minhee answered.

“Hey! It’s me Lina”

“Oh hey”

“Hey so do you need a ride for the dance?”

“Yes actually”

“Okay, be ready at seven! I am going to pick you up!”

“Thanks Lina”

“No problem” Lina said and hung up.

Minhee continued to fix herself in her dress and then put on her shoes.  Knowing that Lina was going to pick her up in twenty minutes, Minhee read a book that was on her desk.  Several minutes later, she heard a ‘honk’ by a car in front of her house.

She quickly put on perfume and checked herself once more in the mirror.

‘Pretty as always’ Minhee thought to herself and finally exited her house.

Minhee opened the car door and saw Lina grinning, “Minhee! You look stunning!”

“Thanks” She replied and sat in the back seat.

When they finally got off, Lina had found Kai waiting for her outside and kissed each other when they saw one another.

“Minhee, come with us inside” Lina insisted.

“No, you guys go ahead.  I’ll be out here for a while”

“Okay” Lina said and went inside the school with her boy friend.

Minhee stood around and saw other couples go inside.  Minhee looked up at the sky and saw the sunset colors.  Minhee sighed.

She swallowed real hard as she stepped inside the building.

 

---------------------

Only one more chapter left~!